#20 UConn v. Holy Cross Crusaders (Friday 10/13/23 @7p @Hart Center & Saturday 10/14/23 @7p @Toscano) Friday game on NESN+/ Saturday game on ESPN+ | Page 7 | The Boneyard

#20 UConn v. Holy Cross Crusaders (Friday 10/13/23 @7p @Hart Center & Saturday 10/14/23 @7p @Toscano) Friday game on NESN+/ Saturday game on ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn’s not playing a bad game. They just don’t really have a plethora of goal scorers. They still play hard.
Were you there?

UConn played a horrendous game. Their spacing was terrible, pucks in their skates - could not connect on passes and too many 1v1 attempts and looked like a peewee team out there with no practice. The Power Play is a joke. Haider was the only highlight. Thought he played well overall. The only game that was worse was the 6-0 drubbing at the hands of Cornell at MSG last year. Shameful performance. If Cavs were allowed he shoulda kept them after and skated their tails off like Herb Brooks after Team USA played the Swedes...

Holy Cross parked the bus in front of Grande once they had the lead - I don't blame them. They clogged lanes and UConn had no organized answer for getting around that.

Reaction Score
You know what we need to jolt this program back in place?
A game at the XL Center. Yeah I said it.
Toscano is nice and all but it’s been a lot of bad vibes since we moved there. Certainly no home ice advantage.

And so far the trend is when Max Toscano sings the national anthem, the team loses. UVonn is 0-3 with the kid crooner now. Let's not have him take the mic again please, though I understand how a $10 million donation or whatever says otherwise.

Ok half kidding here, but ... Head bang

Reaction Score
After this season the program is looking at another rebuild. The roster potentially could lose 10 players. With that happening, the program is going to be wasting another few years before they can be taken seriously again.

Cavanaugh has stated multiple times how he never liked having to replace a large group of players. Well once again it is staring him in the face. That falls on Cavanaugh.

I absolutely hated their off season. They have Matthew Wood, a talent they won’t be getting again anytime soon, and they are wasting it. They lost Tverberg, Amonte, and Pearson, and only brought in Mahshie, who has done absolutely nothing. They should have went all in to take advantage of Wood being here. They didn’t. That falls on Cavanaugh.

For a program that wants to compete nationally, the roster is bloated with 4th liners.

I am still waiting for the uptick in recruiting due to having a new $75 million on campus home.

Maybe it's telling that the new hockey intro promo before puck drop for whatever reason features the keyboard line from Journey's Separate Ways (World's Apart) from 1983 in refrain, and so what - are there recruits out there who rejected Cal but he'd like them know we'll always wait from them in the transfer pool if they have a change of heart?:p

Reaction Score
Were you there?

UConn played a horrendous game. Their spacing was terrible, pucks in their skates - could not connect on passes and too many 1v1 attempts and looked like a peewee team out there with no practice. The Power Play is a joke. Haider was the only highlight. Thought he played well overall. The only game that was worse was the 6-0 drubbing at the hands of Cornell at MSG last year. Shameful performance. If Cavs were allowed he shoulda kept them after and skated their tails off like Herb Brooks after Team USA played the Swedes...

Holy Cross parked the bus in front of Grande once they had the lead - I don't blame them. They clogged lanes and UConn had no organized answer for getting around that.
Watched it on ESPN+. I didn’t think UConn played horrible. It looked like an early season game. Guys getting use to their line mates, and d partners. Give the kids some time to mesh. They will improve.

Reaction Score
Watched it on ESPN+. I didn’t think UConn played horrible. It looked like an early season game. Guys getting use to their line mates, and d partners. Give the kids some time to mesh. They will improve.

We certainly hope that's the case, but being swept by Holy Cross makes for an awful weekend during any part of the season. When a team can't make plays or passes, pucks are in their skates instead of on their sticks, it's horrible and they looked it.

Reaction Score
We certainly hope that's the case, but being swept by Holy Cross makes for an awful weekend during any part of the season. When a team can't make plays or passes, pucks are in their skates instead of on their sticks, it's horrible and they looked it.
I agree with this. And we scored 1 goal. One. Against Holy Cross. To me that is telling. If we can’t do better than that, it is a long year ahead.

Reaction Score
I agree with this. And we scored 1 goal. One. Against Holy Cross. To me that is telling. If we can’t do better than that, it is a long year ahead.
Speed kills. We are a Toyota in a league of Jaguars.

Reaction Score
The kids will be fine with the right coach. We've been waiting for 11 years for that.

There was zero sense of urgency and an utter lack in game problem solving.
Cav has to step up his game now! It's his job to help the kids succeed, not the opposite!

Reaction Score
The kids will be fine with the right coach. We've been waiting for 11 years for that.

There was zero sense of urgency and an utter lack in game problem solving.
Cav has to step up his game now! It's his job to help the kids succeed, not the opposite!
I thought the urgency was there. I actually thought UConn was trying to play to fast for their skill level. They need to practice slowing things down and mucking it up. When we play BC, BU, PC, NU we’re gonna want play old school Jersey Devils neutral zone trap type of game.

Reaction Score
For those of you who hate Pairwise……

UConn is #25. #1 is HOLY CROSS!

Reaction Score
Speed kills. We are a Toyota in a league of Jaguars.
I thought we were slow last year compared to the best teams. I’m not even sure we are a Toyota this year. Maybe a plow horse.

If you hold me we let up 2 goals in each game against Holy Cross, really 3 if you don’t include the empty netter, I’d have said that is 2 wins.

This had actually been an ongoing problem of Cav’s teams which they had seemingly overcome the last couple of seasons. Early in the year they seemed to struggle. It seemed they were always losing to Sacred Heart for example. They improved as the year went on but these early losses put them in a huge hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom