#20 UConn v. Holy Cross Crusaders (Friday 10/13/23 @7p @Hart Center & Saturday 10/14/23 @7p @Toscano) Friday game on NESN+/ Saturday game on ESPN+ | The Boneyard

#20 UConn v. Holy Cross Crusaders (Friday 10/13/23 @7p @Hart Center & Saturday 10/14/23 @7p @Toscano) Friday game on NESN+/ Saturday game on ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Funny thing about hockey recruiting compared to hoops or even football. He mentioned a recruit being up on campus yesterday. We hear nothing about it, no idea how good the kid is. Basketball we’d have whole threads.
Wonder if word gets out with hockey-centric schools like BU and BC when a recruit is on campus.

Reaction Score
BU and BC recruit on another level and word does get out about the higher end guys they go after.

Reaction Score
Years ago you had to recruit from greater Boston or Minnesota. Not anymore. While the best Boston kids will still gravitate to BU, BC, Northeastern, and the Minnesota guys will look to play in the Big 10, schools like UConn have expanded the recruiting web to British Columbia, Slovakia, Czech Republic and Russia. The college game is global now.

Cav is savvy. He knows the top Boston high/prep school guys are not looking far beyond Rte. 128. Choose your prospects carefully.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't get NEsN+. Is there anyway for out of market viewers to get the game?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

It’s on FloHockey for like $30

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I dislike ESPN as much as the rest of you, but that said, I have no issues giving them more $ for ESPN+. I get a fair amount of UConn and soccer viewing out of it. Worth it.

Edit: My eyes saw NESN+, my pitiful brain read ESPN+. Ugh!

Reaction Score
Last night I was on UConn+ and noticed that it shows both games against Holy Cross, so that's a good sign for those that don't have NESN+ and/or ESPN+

Reaction Score
Last night I was on UConn+ and noticed that it shows both games against Holy Cross, so that's a good sign for those that don't have NESN+ and/or ESPN+
I believe that’s audio only (note headphones icon upper left corner). UConn+ is also streaming Basketball First Night festivities live @ 7p tonight.

From UConn Game Notes:

Media Coverage:
TV: Friday: NESN+ Saturday: ESPN+​

Radio: : UConn Sports Network from Learfield ESPN 97.9 FM / The Varsity NetworkApp Bob Joyce (pxp),Adam Giardino (color)​

Video: ESPN+; StretchInternet.com (Interantional)​

Reaction Score
I believe that’s audio only (note headphones icon upper left corner). UConn+ is also streaming Basketball First Night festivities live @ 7p tonight.

From UConn Game Notes:

Media Coverage:
TV: Friday: NESN+ Saturday: ESPN+​

Radio: : UConn Sports Network from Learfield ESPN 97.9 FM / The Varsity NetworkApp Bob Joyce (pxp),Adam Giardino (color)​

Video: ESPN+; StretchInternet.com (Interantional)​
Ah, got it. Thanks for clarifying.

Reaction Score
Curious to hear about what upgrades occured at Toscano since last season. My understanding is that they just wanted to get the building open last year, so they cut down on a couple projects that werent going to get completed until the summer. One of them was building in some type of risers on the SRO student deck.

Reaction Score
Funny thing about hockey recruiting compared to hoops or even football. He mentioned a recruit being up on campus yesterday. We hear nothing about it, no idea how good the kid is. Basketball we’d have whole threads.
Wonder if word gets out with hockey-centric schools like BU and BC when a recruit is on campus.
I listened to the latest Mike McMahon podcast episode.

He says the top recruits and transfers are getting $100,000 for an NIL deal.

He said if you are not offering NIL money in recruiting “you’re screwed”. Programs will not get good talent without offering NIL deals.

This summer, Cavanaugh to Daniel Connolly:

“Donors throwing money into a pool and then paying them — we're already paying the kid,” he said. “We're giving them a full scholarship. We're paying for all their meals. We're giving them cost of attendance. In some cases, some schools are getting Alston money. The Big Ten right now is paying kids 10 grand ($10,000) above and beyond their scholarship.

“I have no problem with a kid being paid for the use of their name, image and likeness,” Cavanaugh added. “But the donors putting a pool of money together to pay kids? I'm not sure I fully support that. I think that's more dangerous and more concerning to me than the third assistant coach or kids getting paid because of who they are.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
O Flynn has had a few good chances in the two games he’s played but hasn’t been able to finish

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I’m getting nauseous watching the camera bounce around.

Reaction Score
Power play looked better than last week. Interesting how they were using Wood on that power play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom