Zion Williamson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Zion Williamson

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Don't think we've seen a player like this come into college in an incredibly long time, if ever. Not saying he has LeBron's complete game because he doesn't, he's not even close to as skilled or polished but physically he actually puts LeBron to shame.

I'm actually scared to see what Duke does to teams this year. The scariest part is it looks like a Kentucky freshman class on steroids but you have coach K coaching them instead of Cal.
Relax Francis.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I really hate seeing the hoping of duke downfall or their just hype stuff on here. When are we going to get passed the duke envy? Its so beneath me as a Uconn fan its urks me to see others still stuck on the duke hate. 4 national titles 2 of which by way of ripping the heart out of duke in the process help me sleep very well at night and not lose a blink to any success they may have. I mean we`ve made them our b@%ch enough times that ive forgotten anything before that time. Lets move on already.

You hate them because they are snobby tw@ts, their fans are insufferable, their coach is a sniveling rat (who happens to be the best), they get an absurd amount of talent, and also yes, because they are the best program in the country.

We still hate Syracuse, and we are their daddy. Is what it is.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Would those that have seen Zion play compare his style of play to Julius Randle.

Obviously he's a much better athlete and prospect

Reaction Score
Would those that have seen Zion play compare his style of play to Julius Randle.

I could see it maybe... But not really. Zion thrives in the open court and is developing as a jump shooter. There was a video of him in the duke gym the other day just nailing three after three. Interesting comparison though. I couldn't see Zion going to that jump hook like Randle did over Giffey.

Reaction Score
At nearly 300 lbs. with an almost 50 inch vertical, I'm not sure he really needs to do much else but he is a great finisher around the rim, has a really good handle, and is a really good passer. His strength and athleticism will also make him an elite defender in the college game.

Okay. Not sure the pro game has a role that fits. But we will see.

Reaction Score
I actually think it will be the opposite. They'll suffer against teams that limit the number of possessions in a game and force Duke to hit shots. Anybody who tries to run with them will have a miserable time.
Yeah it’s funny because theoretically they’re also more athletic than everyone. But if you don’t make your jumpers, it’s harder to run (ask KO). Six months from now we’ll see what their poison really is. Should be interesting

Reaction Score

Julius Randle seemed a bit freakish compared to other high schoolers, Zion could jump over Randle and then eat him.

Reaction Score

Yes I should addend:
"More like more athletic Julius Randle with a worse post game, but much better transition game, better passing, and somewhat better handle."

He's similar height (although down an inch or two), even 20 pounds heavier than Randle. But with probably 4+ inches higher vertical (Randle has respectable 36"). The "RB Speed Score"-esque implications of that are obvious.

I'll admit, the lefty power face up game in the half court at similar height makes the comparison somewhat easy (and maybe lazy). Zion tends to start further out to the perimeter, while Randle starts more on the block or elbow. Zion's only post move is currently "jump over and dunk on defender". It's unsurprisingly effective at converting or drawing a staggering amount of fouls.

Zion dunks more, but Randle had the 18th most dunks out of the ~470ish players in the NBA last year, so again, the comparison is there.

Main difference is definitely Zion is better in transition both with or without the ball in his hands and isn't a black hole with the ball (Randle had 1 good passing year 2 years ago).

I could see it maybe... But not really. Zion thrives in the open court and is developing as a jump shooter. There was a video of him in the duke gym the other day just nailing three after three. Interesting comparison though. I couldn't see Zion going to that jump hook like Randle did over Giffey.

Zion's jumper is not very confident at all yet. He can make it, but it's close to luck at this point.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes I should addend:
"More like more athletic Julius Randle with a worse post game, but much better transition game, better passing, and somewhat better handle."

He's similar height, even 20 pounds heavier than Randle. But with probably 4+ inches higher vertical (Randle has respectable 36"). The "RB Speed Score"-esque implications of that are obvious.

I'll admit, the lefty power face up game in the half court at similar height makes the comparison somewhat easy (and maybe lazy). Zion tends to start further out to the perimeter, while Randle starts more on the block or elbow. Zion's only post move is currently "jump over and dunk on defender". It's unsurprisingly effective at converting or drawing a staggering amount of fouls.

Zion dunks more, but Randle had the 18th most dunks out of the ~470ish players in the NBA last year, so again, the comparison is there.

Main difference is definitely Zion is better in transition both with or without the ball in his hands and isn't a black hole with the ball (Randle had 1 good passing year 2 years ago).
He’s basically what Julius Randle would make himself if he was playing MyPlayer in 2k

Reaction Score
their fans are insufferably

This cracked me up. Oh the irony! All kidding aside though its all part of fandom and i know im in the minority and im not trying to rain on anyones hate parade but i just cant hate on others success. My joy comes in completely ruining those teams championship dreams. That is just the sweetest joy in the world next to getting pu..., well you know lol! Its especially sweet when they are the favorite and crash the party. 99, 11` and 14` were far more enjoyable then when we pretty much steamrolled to the title in 04`.

Reaction Score
Zion is such a great name.

Shouldn’t it be Zionn?

Strong kid no doubt. 6’7 my butt:rolleyes:

Guessing in college they will guard him unlike Ryerson. A force nonetheless.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bilas: "He's built like a linebacker". WRONG. He's built like a defensive end. Same size as Julius Peppers, but moves so smoothly. He's a fun prospect to watch, I just wish he wasn't on Duke.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I can't wait until he goes pro and gets out of college basketball. It's enough to make you puke. I hope he makes a gazillion dollars and becomes one of the greatest pro's ever. Just get the hell out of Doooook.

Reaction Score
Look, I hate Duke.

UConn bonafides re-established, Zion Williamson is an incredible freaky freak who has no clear analog in the history of college basketball, with a fascinating skill package for a dude so big.

He is stronger than LeBron was.
He is way more athletic than a Julius Randall.
He has better handle than Carmelo did.
His vision is similar to Ben Simmons at LSU.

And if he hits threes at the clip he did against Ryerson, or even half of that... wow.

Honestly just hope Duke puts him on a world class diet regimen so I can watch him for the next 15 years in the NBA and Olympics. His only risk to my scouting eye is if he turns into Boris Diaw and puts on 30 lbs. I still like Diaw tho for the record but that would be wasted potential for sure.

Reaction Score
You hate them because they are snobby tw@ts, their fans are insufferable, their coach is a sniveling rat (who happens to be the best), they get an absurd amount of talent, and also yes, because they are the best program in the country.

We still hate Syracuse, and we are their daddy. Is what it is.
K is the best now that Jimmy C is retired from D1 ball

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
A little early for the Dook posts. Waaaay too early.

Reaction Score
Look, I hate Duke.

UConn bonafides re-established, Zion Williamson is an incredible freaky freak who has no clear analog in the history of college basketball, with a fascinating skill package for a dude so big.

He is stronger than LeBron was.
He is way more athletic than a Julius Randall.
He has better handle than Carmelo did.
His vision is similar to Ben Simmons at LSU.

And if he hits threes at the clip he did against Ryerson, or even half of that... wow.

Honestly just hope Duke puts him on a world class diet regimen so I can watch him for the next 15 years in the NBA and Olympics. His only risk to my scouting eye is if he turns into Boris Diaw and puts on 30 lbs. I still like Diaw tho for the record but that would be wasted potential for sure.

He looked pretty good but let’s wait for someone to defend him before we anoint him the nex LeBron. And he better be able to shoot especially at the next level at 6-4.5 maybe 6’5. He’s special but not sure how his game translates next level as of yet.

Reaction Score
I really hate seeing the hoping of duke downfall or their just hype stuff on here. When are we going to get passed the duke envy? Its so beneath me as a Uconn fan its urks me to see others still stuck on the duke hate. 4 national titles 2 of which by way of ripping the heart out of duke in the process help me sleep very well at night and not lose a blink to any success they may have. I mean we`ve made them our b@%ch enough times that ive forgotten anything before that time. Lets move on already.
Getting past? Never happen and let me say why. While it’s great that we torched them in critical games it’s tough to ignore the unadulterated media love machine that they possess not to mention the ultra top recruiting that falls into their laps every year. Most teams’ recruiting is begging for a player on the bottom of their commit list which they don’t ever get. Combine that with K’s annoying whineyness, if a call goes against he acts like you shot his dog, and they are easy to despise. They can’t be ignored so we root against. Same for Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina, and MSU.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom