Zion Williamson | The Boneyard

Zion Williamson

Reaction Score
Don't think we've seen a player like this come into college in an incredibly long time, if ever. Not saying he has LeBron's complete game because he doesn't, he's not even close to as skilled or polished but physically he actually puts LeBron to shame.

I'm actually scared to see what Duke does to teams this year. The scariest part is it looks like a Kentucky freshman class on steroids but you have coach K coaching them instead of Cal.

Reaction Score
Don't think we've seen a player like this come into college in an incredibly long time, if ever. Not saying he has LeBron's complete game because he doesn't, he's not even close to as skilled or polished but physically he actually puts LeBron to shame.

I'm actually scared to see what Duke does to teams this year. The scariest part is it looks like a Kentucky freshman class on steroids but you have coach K coaching them instead of Cal.
When we see them in the round of 32 Carlton is going to eat his a** up....

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I’m not aboard the Zion hype train...yet. He is certainly an athletic freak of nature but I still feel he’s raw in terms of a basketball player. Crazy potential but I don’t think he will be as good this year as some think. He will dominate the bad/decent teams but could struggle against good teams until he learns how to shoot. Just my opinion

Reaction Score
It’s funny that Williamson’s stock went down because of his poor shooting numbers.

Cam Reddish shot 40.1% from the field and 29.7% from 3 in AAU last year. He also averaged 2.4 TO per game.

Barrett shot 58% on FT and 31% from 3, and averaged 3.4 TO per game, which outnumbered his assists.

The truth is none of them are shooters. But Williamson is an absolute tank who will out muscle anyone on the floor and will probably be a lockdown defender. Williamson doesn’t need to shoot to be dominant in college. It’s weird that his stock fell a bit and the other two didn’t see that happen.

Duke is insanely loaded this year. If I had to guess, I’d say their struggles will be against teams who play at a fast pace and shoot lights out. Duke will be better and breaking defenses down and will probably have the best isolation scoring in the country.

Reaction Score
It’s funny that Williamson’s stock went down because of his poor shooting numbers.

Cam Reddish shot 40.1% from the field and 29.7% from 3 in AAU last year. He also averaged 2.4 TO per game.

Barrett shot 58% on FT and 31% from 3, and averaged 3.4 TO per game, which outnumbered his assists.

The truth is none of them are shooters. But Williamson is an absolute tank who will out muscle anyone on the floor and will probably be a lockdown defender. Williamson doesn’t need to shoot to be dominant in college. It’s weird that his stock fell a bit and the other two didn’t see that happen.

Duke is insanely loaded this year. If I had to guess, I’d say their struggles will be against teams who play at a fast pace and shoot lights out. Duke will be better and breaking defenses down and will probably have the best isolation scoring in the country.
Sounds like a guaranteed loss to Cuse at some point. Barf.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Unless he is constantly in foul trouble as these type guys are known for doing.
Oh wait he is at Duke we’re your bigs tends to get 8-9 fouls a game.
At UConn he wouldn’t play more than 10-15 minutes a game because our bigs are only allowed 3 actual fouls +2 bogus fouls s game.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

So basically, their season is either "So what?" or "Haha."

I suppose that's how fans of a very (but not completely) different sport have seen the past two years of UConn WBB.

Reaction Score
I’ve never seen him do anything but dunk.
At nearly 300 lbs. with an almost 50 inch vertical, I'm not sure he really needs to do much else but he is a great finisher around the rim, has a really good handle, and is a really good passer. His strength and athleticism will also make him an elite defender in the college game.

Reaction Score
He has nice ballhandling and finishing ability as well.

His size will continue to be a problem. Could he be charles barkley? Yep. But its hard to predict once in a generation talent.

Teams high in the draft (minus the celtics, I would guess) are able and willing to take that kind of risk.

I am still highest on Nassir Little in this draft.

Reaction Score
He has nice ballhandling and finishing ability as well.

His size will continue to be a problem. Could he be charles barkley? Yep. But its hard to predict once in a generation talent.

Teams high in the draft (minus the celtics, I would guess) are able and willing to take that kind of risk.

I am still highest on Nassir Little in this draft.

I’m high on Little as well but RJ Barrett seems to be able to play at an increasingly higher level anytime the situation demands

Reaction Score
I’m high on Little as well but RJ Barrett seems to be able to play at an increasingly higher level anytime the situation demands
Barrett is a great scorer, but Little has lockdown potential.

Reaction Score

I am convinced Mississippi State will be better than Duke this year. When all is said and done...

Reggie Perry‏ @_R1bang_ 19h19 hours ago
So ESPN and sports center just gone post every time duke get a bucket ?

Reaction Score
I really hate seeing the hoping of duke downfall or their just hype stuff on here. When are we going to get passed the duke envy? Its so beneath me as a Uconn fan its urks me to see others still stuck on the duke hate. 4 national titles 2 of which by way of ripping the heart out of duke in the process help me sleep very well at night and not lose a blink to any success they may have. I mean we`ve made them our b@%ch enough times that ive forgotten anything before that time. Lets move on already.

Reaction Score

Duke lost 86% of its scoring last year including a National Championship winning team captain. The hype is wayyyyyyyy too high for Duke. Also, not putting anything against these guys but Duke has 3 outstanding freshman. UK usually has 5 or 6. I expect them to struggle mightily against veteran teams especially early.

Even with that they're prob an elite 8 team in my mind. Just saying that freshman usually tend to play like freshman when the chips are stacked

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Duke is insanely loaded this year. If I had to guess, I’d say their struggles will be against teams who play at a fast pace...
I actually think it will be the opposite. They'll suffer against teams that limit the number of possessions in a game and force Duke to hit shots. Anybody who tries to run with them will have a miserable time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom