Zion will dominate Tacko | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Zion will dominate Tacko

Reaction Score
BTW, when UCF got the shot clock basket, Tacko was in the lane for 22 seconds. Would rather the tickey tack stuff not get called, just gotta make the plays. You box out properly, that little push won’t impact you.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Playing devils advocate there should have been a shot clock violation on the shot before that Fall dunk towards the end. Ball never touched rim.

Probably, but that was an IMPOSSIBLE call irl. It looked like it hit rim as it happened.

And then trying to justify incontrovertible evidence after that....can you imagine the national uproar if they overturned that one?

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
You can argue to the BJ Taylor play, but come on, the Fall one was an obvious foul on Fall. He should have just gotten out of the way. If he does that they win.

Ok so what happened was Zions team needed a basket and he said to himself “ I don’t care who’s in front of me , I’m going through them and making a basket”. And then the refs supported the situation. That’s not basketball. That’s football and yes, I could care less but I hate Duke.

Reaction Score
He'll be a good not elite NBA player. My big concern would be his knees holding up. 285 lbs. running on a hardwood floor is murder on the knees and most likely he will be around 320-325 a couple years in to his pro career. Only Ray Allens playing weight goes down during his NBA career.

He's huge and I suppose it's fair to wonder how his body will hold up with that much weight, but if you're an NBA GM and you don't draft him first overall your office should be packed before the draft is over. He'll be an elite NBA player next year.

I'm primarily disappointed that Hank doesn't have to get a cat.

Reaction Score
You think Barrett knows how to finish in the paint as well as Zion?

Deep down inside reading most of your posts there’s a bit of a Duke love so I’ll back out. Think both guys are talented but doubt either are great.

Reaction Score
Ok so what happened was Zions team needed a basket and he said to himself “ I don’t care who’s in front of me , I’m going through them and making a basket”. And then the refs supported the situation. That’s not basketball. That’s football and yes, I could care less but I hate Duke.
That was a foul, sure. But they don't call that often in that situation, Duke or not.

And Fall mugged Duke multiple times and wasn't called for fouls throughout the game.

D2doghFW0AE_E6u.jpg

They didn't call a foul on Fall here. And that wouldn't be the only screenshot...

Reaction Score
Tacko just stood there.

It was good d.

It was bad or biased officiating

Anyone who thinks that was a foul after Zion batted the defender away is blind as hell. Too bad for UCF

Reaction Score
That was a foul, sure. But they don't call that often in that situation, Duke or not.

And Fall mugged Duke multiple times and wasn't called for fouls throughout the game.

D2doghFW0AE_E6u.jpg

They didn't call a foul on Fall here. And that wouldn't be the only screenshot...
According to Q that's being walled up.

Reaction Score
When you think back to how we won so many big games, it becomes obvious when watching UCF/Duke. We always ha-d role players that could come in and fill a need when called upon. Zion? We’d put Ed Saunders on him and contain him enough to win. Duke getting to the rim and creating open looks by penetrating? Put Boat on him.

We always had guys to solve a specific problem even if they weren’t stars game in and game out. The last few years, nobody could completely handle any assignment.
I am thinking more Kevin Freeman on Zion. I think KFree was a really underappreciated. He was 6'7 235 and played much bigger than his size and could guard almost any position, really. But yeah, past UConn teams had personnel for every type of match up. Even with the space out and shooting 3 offenses of today, UConn was ahead of the times in being able to defend them (i.e. Gonzaga in 99 and Vandy and Vermont in 2004).
Alas, we are so far from any of the great, or hell even good UConn teams. No offense to Kobe, the Cincy fan on this site, but I would settle to be Cincy at this point with the first weekend flame outs.

Reaction Score
C'mon the kid's a freak of nature. He didn't even play that well tonight and he put up 32-11.

That’s you let’s watch. Don’t doubt the freak of nature but different world next level At 6’5

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Now a Libery team leading VT. Is that fat guy their PG? He makes Khalid look svelte.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
How can people be claiming “Zion created all the contact, that’s a no call” and also “Taylor got hammered on the last shot?” Take off your UCF glasses

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
How can people be claiming “Zion created all the contact, that’s a no call” and also “Taylor got hammered on the last shot?” Take off your UCF glasses

I think no call was the proper call in both cases.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
C'mon the kid's a freak of nature. He didn't even play that well tonight and he put up 32-11.

And not for nothing, but he spent a quarter of the season on the shelf. This is what, his 4th game back or something?

Reaction Score
This is a really strange board.
Very strange, 325 lbs.? I can’t with these analogies....

Love the following players...

Z. Williamson
J. Morant
C. White
D. Hunter
J. Culver

I think all five players have a strong upside in the NBA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom