Zion will dominate Tacko | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Zion will dominate Tacko

Reaction Score
Zion threw Taylor like a rag doll. Any other player in the country gets a charge called on that. I also just wish UCF was smart enough to back off of him on the drive and let him dunk it. You’re then up 1 with the ball amd 15 seconds left and Duke has to foul.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Zion threw Taylor like a rag doll. Any other player in the country gets a charge called on that. I also just wish UCF was smart enough to back off of him on the drive and let him dunk it. You’re then up 1 with the ball amd 15 seconds left and Duke has to foul.

Tacko just stood there.

It was good d.

It was bad or biased officiating

the Q

Reaction Score
Guys, UCF didn't lose that game because of Duke home cooking. They played a stellar game but had several chances to close it out and didn't. It really sucks but it is what it is.

The tape says otherwise.

Video don’t lie.

Posters do.

Reaction Score
When you think back to how we won so many big games, it becomes obvious when watching UCF/Duke. We always had role players that could come in and fill a need when called upon. Zion? We’d put Ed Saunders on him and contain him enough to win. Duke getting to the rim and creating open looks by penetrating? Put Boat on him.

We always had guys to solve a specific problem even if they weren’t stars game in and game out. The last few years, nobody could completely handle any assignment.

the Q

Reaction Score
Good lord, you don't think Tacko fouled him...

You don't even know what you're watching.

He walled up. Zion jumps into him creating all the contact.

Reaction Score
I saw it the other way, Zion's drive was clearly a charge. Barrett's guy just didn't box him out. UCF has no excuses, they outplayed them and had the game in hand.

Amazing people are calling this Duke team an all-time basketball team, they would get smoked by teams from the past.

They said the same thing about the 99 Duke team. Yawn!

Reaction Score
Zion is s really good player who’s stronger than hell but can’t shoot or handle the ball in traffic. the team that drafts him # 1 loses.
He'll be a good not elite NBA player. My big concern would be his knees holding up. 285 lbs. running on a hardwood floor is murder on the knees and most likely he will be around 320-325 a couple years in to his pro career. Only Ray Allens playing weight goes down during his NBA career.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We always had guys to solve a specific problem even if they weren’t stars game in and game out. The last few years, nobody could completely handle any assignment.

Role players? We barely had starters the last few years. haha

Reaction Score
Both can be true.

Zion absolutely charged but there was a charge before that they called on Zion that certainly was debatable. It didn't look like Barrett pushed off to me but I only saw it once.

Also, Goodman is an idiot.

Reaction Score
I dont think this will be close.
Nice call. Refs were Duke cheerleaders when it came down to game deciding calls. Is there a ref out there who has the guts to call a foul on Zion Williamson?

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I’ve never seen a basketball player run over two people to make a basket and it wasn’t called. It’s highly unusual

Reaction Score
UCF played well. Refs make mistakes here and there. Anyone watching that game and thinking the refs are why UCF lost is just out of their minds. They were as good as they're going to be in college basketball.

Reaction Score
Listen. I hate duke and even tho they won , that was one of the best games I’ve seen in a while. High level. Zion Dawkins tacko RJ- that one game made up for all the blowouts this weekend. How nasty is Zion? God. He’s just so good.

Reaction Score
I’ve never seen a basketball player run over two people to make a basket and it wasn’t called. It’s highly unusual
You can argue to the BJ Taylor play, but come on, the Fall one was an obvious foul on Fall. He should have just gotten out of the way. If he does that they win.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He'll be a good not elite NBA player. My big concern would be his knees holding up. 285 lbs. running on a hardwood floor is murder on the knees and most likely he will be around 320-325 a couple years in to his pro career. Only Ray Allens playing weight goes down during his NBA career.

I bet they end up having him play at 270. I'll be surprised if he doesn't end up elite.

Reaction Score
This is a really strange board.

the Q

Reaction Score
UCF played well. Refs make mistakes here and there. Anyone watching that game and thinking the refs are why UCF lost is just out of their minds. They were as good as they're going to be in college basketball.

Four of them in a row.

The chances of missing 4 in a row like that is astronomical

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Playing devils advocate there should have been a shot clock violation on the shot before that Fall dunk towards the end. Ball never touched rim.

Reaction Score
Nice call. Refs were Duke cheerleaders when it came down to game deciding calls. Is there a ref out there who has the guts to call a foul on Zion Williamson?
He had 4 fouls, including on one of the previous possessions. Reddish had 4 as well...

the Q

Reaction Score
You can argue to the BJ Taylor play, but come on, the Fall one was an obvious foul on Fall. He should have just gotten out of the way. If he does that they win.

No call. He’s walled up. Zion creates all the contact while he is properly walled up

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom