Zion will dominate Tacko | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Zion will dominate Tacko

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
That was a foul on the penetration. You can't ride a ballhandler in from the 3 point line and not get called. Unless you are Duke.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Puke has a cakewalk - VTech or Liberty next
Cuse like draw

Reaction Score
I get the no-call on the Zion drive. But the Barrett push off was blatant and that has to be called. A human being does not jump across the lane like that. And Taylor was absolutely fouled on the final drive. Pissed.

Reaction Score
They weren't calling two straight charges on Zion. Once he went at Tacko for the layup there was no way Tacko was getting that call.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah, the rebound on the missed FT is what really killed them. That’s not very like UCF. Duke would have had to could them.

Reaction Score
Crushing....darn alley oop and offensive rebounds, but UCF played amazing. That’s the close loss game that will propel Duke to a title.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I get the no-call on the Zion drive. But the Barrett push off was blatant and that has to be called. A human being does not jump across the lane like that. And Taylor was absolutely fouled on the final drive. Pissed.
Taylor stuck his elbow into the defender and fell over like he’s been doing for 6 years. This is just the first time he never got the call

Reaction Score
They weren't calling two straight charges on Zion. Once he went at Tacko for the layup there was no way Tacko was getting that call.
Travesty. Zion should have been called for an offense charge on that last drive. Thank you UCF for representing the AAC well.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If they no-called Zion’s push-off, then they should have no-called the contact with Tacko at the rim.

And if they failed to do that, at least have the decency to call the foul for Taylor on his drive. Unbelievable. What a game tho. Wow.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I just lost most of my excitement for the rest of this tourney

We had our big moment and it was just stolen from us (the fans).

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Tacko Fall had more impact on that game than Zion did. Fall plays 2 minutes more UCF wins.
those 2 plays were the exact same play, one was called a foul, one wasn’t.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
It has like a 25% chance of being an interesting game.
It will be interesting because Duke's front line is relatively lacking. Dawkins and BJ Taylor are legit talented upperclassmen who can possibly give some fits to Duke's freshmen if they are having a good day.
If you are UCF, the only way you win is if Tacko stays out of foul trouble, Dawkins and Taylor play to their capabilities and hit shots, and you keep it close early to see if you can rattle some of the Duke freshmen. I don't trust RJ Barrett to play smart in a close NCAA tournament game. Having said that, Zion is singlehandedly capable of overcoming a poor game from his teammates.
Welp maybe higher than 25%.

Reaction Score
That hurts. UCF had their chances. Refs helped Duke a lot in the end, let Zion get away with the push-off on the drive and then the obvious shove in the back by Barrett for the game-winning O-board and put-back.
Perhaps that was an offensive foul, but the one offensive foul they called on Zion before against Dawkins was total BS. In a way I was glad they didn't call that offensive foul on Zion against BJ Taylor.

I would've liked to see UCF win this. That missed alley oop was a killer. I wish Dawkins just layed that up instead of trying to dunk it.

BTW, I would like to see UNC lose more than any team in the tournament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom