Zion Harmon: We should look into him as a PG transfer | The Boneyard

Zion Harmon: We should look into him as a PG transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kid is an absolute monster. We should look into him as a PG transfer. He went through something and never played a game at WKU, his hometown team. He has gotten through it. He found himself down at Bethune Cookman. He can flat out do it all. He lacks size in height, but he can flat out fill it up and do everything as a true PG. He has a strong solid frame though. I think he would be a heck of a pick up. I believe he has 3 years of eligibility left. Kid is a walking bucket.

Reaction Score
Shot 39% overall and 33% from 3. 13 plus points with 2 assists and 2 rebounds along with 3 turnovers. Not saying NO but those aren’t great considering who Bethune Cookman plays against. He’s listed at 6’ which means he’s 5-10.5 so is he lightning quick?

Reaction Score
Good player, but not at our level unless he wants a Joey C/Diarra kind of role.

Reaction Score
Glad he bounced back from whatever he went through his freshman year. Seemed like it was gonna derail his whole career

Reaction Score
Unless he is willing to play in a 3rd guard off the bench role, no. He's a 5'11 2 guard who wants to score. Certainly has value, but he isn't good enough to do it on a P5 school that wants to win. He will likely go to a more competitive conference so he can still have opportunity, but really don't see him being in a conference better than AAC/A10/CUSA. He would have a similar role to Hassan/Naheim here at best

Reaction Score
I honestly don’t think y’all even understand how good that kid is. Y’all get caught up in stats. Outside of our own
Good player, but not at our level unless he wants a Joey C/Diarra kind of role.
Unless he is willing to play in a 3rd guard off the bench role, no. He's a 5'11 2 guard who wants to score. Certainly has value, but he isn't good enough to do it on a P5 school that wants to win. He will likely go to a more competitive conference so he can still have opportunity, but really don't see him being in a conference better than AAC/A10/CUSA. He would have a similar role to Hassan/Naheim here at best
Ain’t no way. Can’t either one of them shoot the ball nowhere near as good as him. Most of his shots is off the dribble. Set shots is like free throws to him. I don’t think people understand how dang good this kid shoots the ball. Y’all really gotta go look him up. I’m telling y’all because he from KY. Go look up videos. He was a top 100 kid at the camps giving them 6 foot 6 guys buckets all day. People are just caught up cause he went through his mental breakdown.

Reaction Score
Real talk he ONLY went to Western because it was his hometown team. He had PLENTY major D1 offers. He even turned down Seton Hall.

Reaction Score
He had offers from Kansas, LSU, Louisville, Seton Hall, Murray State, and more. He ONLY went to Western because it was his home town and he probably got something. He was a top 50 kid.

Reaction Score
But does he have mass in weight?
He built like a truck.
Shot 39% overall and 33% from 3. 13 plus points with 2 assists and 2 rebounds along with 3 turnovers. Not saying NO but those aren’t great considering who Bethune Cookman plays against. He’s listed at 6’ which means he’s 5-10.5 so is he lightning quick?
Yes he is. He was a top 50 kid with offers from Kansas, LSU, Seton Hall, Murray State, Louisville, and more D1 offers. Dude can literally shoot the ball with ease past the NBA line. Plus we ain’t got nobody with a handle like his. This kid has trained with NBA players since he was in the 8th grade.

Reaction Score
He had offers from Kansas, LSU, Louisville, Seton Hall, Murray State, and more. He ONLY went to Western because it was his home town and he probably got something. He was a top 50 kid.
The thing is he WAS a top 50 guy. There are plenty of guys ranked high then prove that they are development pieces or not really that great. Not trying to hate, but seems he isn't someone like AJax who was similarly ranked

Reaction Score
The thing is he WAS a top 50 guy. There are plenty of guys ranked high then prove that they are development pieces or not really that great. Not trying to hate, but seems he isn't someone like AJax who was similarly ranked
Naw he honestly just went through something mentally. The basketball was never the problem. I’m from Western KY. He from the other side of KY. I’m just going off of what I’ve watched. It ain’t a lot of kids as skilled as that kid. That’s why his height doesn’t matter. He had a Kansas offer for a reason. That’s all I’m saying. Lamelo ball and then was coming to our side of the state strictly having tournaments and stuff because of him.

Reaction Score
He's 6' 165. That is not "built like a truck"
He’s a walking chizzled kid. He can shoot it from beyond NBA range with ease. He has a strong core. He has a strong base. I don’t think some of y’all understand how athletes are suppose to be built. He not 6 feet either. He probably 5 foot 10 175 pounds.

Reaction Score
I honestly don’t think y’all even understand how good that kid is. Y’all get caught up in stats. Outside of our own

Ain’t no way. Can’t either one of them shoot the ball nowhere near as good as him. Most of his shots is off the dribble. Set shots is like free throws to him. I don’t think people understand how dang good this kid shoots the ball. Y’all really gotta go look him up. I’m telling y’all because he from KY. Go look up videos. He was a top 100 kid at the camps giving them 6 foot 6 guys buckets all day. People are just caught up cause he went through his mental breakdown.
I hear you. You do need to watch tape to understand the context of the stats. But at the end of the day, the question is: If he's a good shooter, why didn't he make shots?

Less than 33% from 3, 43% from 2. 52% at the rim.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Go look at him on YouTube embarrassing all them kids at them too 100 camps
My concern is his handle. In your OP, you specifically mentioned him as a PG. I don't care if he shoots 70% if he's a walking TO machine. And that's not even bringing his defensive capability into play. Is he Boatright level tenacious on that end? I don't see a lot of 5'10" guys fitting into Hurley's defensive philosophy.

Reaction Score
I hear you. You do need to watch tape to understand the context of the stats. But at the end of the day, the question is: If he's a good shooter, why didn't he make shots?

Less than 33% from 3, 43% from 2. 52% at the rim.
Probably because he was down there taking a lot of off dribble shots. Honestly him on the court with other good players he wouldn’t take all those crazy shots. He was a high level recruit that just went through something. It’s a lot of kids that went to big schools he was flat out destroying. I’m just saying he has a very great skill set. He honestly didn’t have offers from Kansas and them for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom