Zags: Abdul Malik Abu Impresses in Loss, Talks Schools | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Zags: Abdul Malik Abu Impresses in Loss, Talks Schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Despite their glaring lack of success on the court, Cooley can definitely recruit.

If they continue to lose are they really recruiting well? Seems like if the players he's getting are really that good they would win. Only 2 options, the players he gets are overrated or he sucks as a coach. Which is it PC fans?

Reaction Score
If they continue to lose are they really recruiting well? Seems like if the players he's getting are really that good they would win. Only 2 options, the players he gets are overrated or he sucks as a coach. Which is it PC fans?

To be fair, he's only had the job for two years. In year one he inherited a train-wreck of a program from Keno Davis. In year two, he dealt with an avalanche of injuries early in the season and managed to salvage things late with quality wins over Notre Dame, Cincy, and Nova (twice). It's reasonable to speculate on whether Providence would have been dancing had they not been ravaged with injuries early on the season. Additionally, as far as I can tell, Kris Dunn was the only top 100 recruit on the roster last season. This season he adds Derosciers (Wake transfer) and Brandon Austin (borderline top 50) to a solid veteran core. In other words, the talent is slowly matriculating into the fold and progress had been made under his watch. I'd say he has at least two more years to make the tournament before he starts to feel the heat (and it would be a failure in my opinion if they didn't make it this year).

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Typical Friar fan; basically, "wait till next year". Call us when you actually accomplish something

Reaction Score
So true...

Show me a post from the PC board where I have "trashed UCONN"

You guys live in a fantasy world.

Btw, this PC fan ain't talking about next year. PC dances this year. Three years ago EC took over a decimated program on life support. Now it's a third straight strong recruiting class anchored by a top 50 player.

Roll your eyes all you want. He's getting it done in friar town

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
i'm i the only one who thinks his offers aren't that great? sure UL and florida but the last three aren't that great. tend to agree with a poster above, i think his recruits are overrated

Reaction Score
Show me a post from the PC board where I have "trashed UCONN"

You guys live in a fantasy world.

Btw, this PC fan ain't talking about next year. PC dances this year. Three years ago EC took over a decimated program on life support. Now it's a third straight strong recruiting class anchored by a top 50 player.

Roll your eyes all you want. He's getting it done in friar town

Getting what done? PC is the epitome of mediocre. Even with some talent on its roster last year, a depleted UConn squad beat them both times. Ollie outcoached Cooley badly. PC basketball is basically irrelevant. UConn wins national championships. PC aspires to make the tournament. You are pathetic and so is your team.

Reaction Score
PC beat your roster of lottery picks the year before. As for "depleted rosters"; PC was the depleted roster in the first meeting. Both games went to OT. Too bad you guys won't play us anymore...:)

Reaction Score
PC beat your roster of lottery picks the year before. As for "depleted rosters"; PC was the depleted roster in the first meeting. Both games went to OT. Too bad you guys won't play us anymore...:)

Yes, we should definitely have another discussion about which team was more injured last year. We've only had 10 threads about the topic since the season ended.

pj

Reaction Score
Cooley is doing the best job at PC since Pitino and in a much weaker Big East, could start winning the league in a few years.

Good for them. But, not our league and apart from competition for a few recruits, I really don't care.

Reaction Score

You're right, we don't play you anymore and we are no longer in your conference. Maybe its time to start trolling the Creighton board...

Reaction Score
Pc got a huge recruit last night and so should end on a high note, please stop posting on the boneyard.. go hang out with the 3 nova fan on their board

Reaction Score

Yeah, good luck in that power conference you're in! By my count your whole conference historically has 3 National Championships in mens basketball [Vill, Georgetown, Marq] - BUT UCONN has 3 in the last 15 years! PC is and has been irrelevant on the national scene forever, so you PC fans [all 10 of you] have fun in the NBE. There's NO REASON for us to play you now.

caw

Reaction Score

Sean has been and can be a bit of a jerk and very repetitive.

Lindsey is a nice recruit. Solid top 50 kid. Not likely an All-American but darn solid. He could be fantastic with his jumper and Austin/Dunns slashing ability. Honestly Austin was a much more impressive get because he has no ties to PC. Dunn was being recruited by Fairfield before he blewup and Lindsey has Providence ties. Lindsey needs serious work on his handle.

That said, the UL offer wasn't a serious offer for a few weeks/months at least. I'm not sure UFs was either. They may have been at one point but UL has a higher ranked and IMO better SF in Aaron and UF is also after bigger fish with Francis capable of playing the three.

Reaction Score
I probably understand the plight of the PC fans on here better than most, I'm a Cubs fan. I must say however that Cubs fans handle their lot in life with much more aplomb.

Reaction Score
I agree- I was hoping for an update on Abu. I guess we are going to hear about any player we are looking at that winds up picking PC- it's the only thing we have left to talk about and once this upcoming season starts that pretty much will be the end of- anyone giving a rat's ass about the other school.

I imagine this is going to be one of the last threads with PC fans ever- they did have our number and play us very well- they have a talented team and will be good next year- I just do not care at all anymore how they do or who they get- if a player goes to PC vs UCONN I have to question there judgment and PC is welcome to them. That said PC should be right near the top of the new BE (throw up in mouth here).

Good luck and please realize you are welcome to come here and talk basketball but please also understand that we do not GAF about PC and it's future - at least not enough to talk about it on a UCONN board.

Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro