Zags: Abdul Malik Abu Impresses in Loss, Talks Schools | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Zags: Abdul Malik Abu Impresses in Loss, Talks Schools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

What is that godfather line about being pulled back into it....?

1st off uconn needs to play osu iu puke Michigan cuse Florida , but not pc.. it helps your team, not uconn.. if we are going to play a pc like team then I hope the money stays in the state like central or yale :)..
A win over pc does not help us....

Ok back to abu.. I am hearing possible visit in a few weeks. Probably not official yet

Reaction Score
i'm i the only one who thinks his offers aren't that great? sure UL and florida but the last three aren't that great. tend to agree with a poster above, i think his recruits are overrated
Ohio State isn't great? You have really high standards.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
He comes across like a 12 year old trolling from his mom's basement, the scary thing is I'm guessing he's in his mid 30's and trolling from his mom's basement.

The 94 is either the year he was born or his IQ. Nothing else would make any sense.

Reaction Score
Well, Kevin Ollie trumps those characteristics ten times over. He is the hardest working, most diligent, sincere and caring person most people will ever encounter. He's come from a horrible environment and has won the respect of countless people both in basketball and outside it. He's a true family man, very religious and someone who gets everything out of his players as exemplified by the sterling season he had with a very limited roster and a number of injuries.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
And yet at the mere mention of Cooley; your board goes nuts. PC fans didn't bring him up; you did

Yes and this is OUR board where OUR fans go to talk about OUR team. You should remember that before you decide to get into a pissssing match

Reaction Score
PC beat your roster of lottery picks the year before. As for "depleted rosters"; PC was the depleted roster in the first meeting. Both games went to OT. Too bad you guys won't play us anymore...:)
Yeah, it really hurts our RPI to no longer have a team with an RPI in triple digits. What a shame. In actuality we might even like PC if it wasn't for trolls like you and some of your friends. Why the jealousy????? Why the digs. It seems like playing UConn close and occasionally winning a game makes your season while PC unfortunately doesn't command a lot of attention from the team. I think UConn has quite often not taken PC seriously and played their C game or worse while PC played their A+ game, thus PC's enjoying a couple of wins at our expense. You would think we'd learn but not so much, I guess. Anyway, we probably will never ever try and get an out of conference with you because you and PC are irrelevant. If we were to schedule the new Big East, it'd probably be Villanova or Georgetown, someone with relevance.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

i don't get it.... during the season you were awful. now your frier friend whos usually rational has turned into an

Reaction Score
Not that too many people care about who the Friars get but I seem to remember you always being a nice civil poster and someone with some class. It's unfortunate that some of your buddies from the PC site come over here and create an environment where many on our board blindly attack any PC person coming here. It isn't fair to you and some other quality PC posters to get painted with the same brush as those idiots that create all the ill will when posting here. We can definitely do without them and hopefully you and some others can deter them from ever posting here again.

Reaction Score
PC beat your roster of lottery picks the year before. As for "depleted rosters"; PC was the depleted roster in the first meeting. Both games went to OT. Too bad you guys won't play us anymore...:)
Sean, you're posting this gibberish on a board that has seen their team win 3 NC's over the past 14 years. Meanwhile, PC hasn't been to the NCAA's in over 9 years. Do you really think you can get our collective goats with the above dribble?

Reaction Score
Providence hasn't made the NCAA tourney in a decade and has one current NBA player. Cooley's career record against Big East competition was 13-23. I just can't see anything but mediocrity there. Am I missing something?

Reaction Score
Providence hasn't made the NCAA tourney in a decade and has one current NBA player. Cooley's career record against Big East competition was 13-23. I just can't see anything but mediocrity there. Am I missing something?
I'm not sold on Cooley as a coach (his teams have been pretty bad defensively), but I think it's too early to write him off, either. He's a much better recruiter than anyone PC has had for awhile, and his team actually started to play well toward the end of last season.

Cooley inherited a mess and, did a pretty good job cleaning it up in a relatively short period of time. Now, in year 3, he actually has to win.

Reaction Score
Guess Marshon Brooks died.

Why does every thread about a recruit being pursued by PC and UConn turn into a pissing match? Gets annoying.

Amen.... Wish this thread was about Abu and how well he's been playing this summer!

Reaction Score
Yeah, it really hurts our RPI to no longer have a team with an RPI in triple digits. What a shame. In actuality we might even like PC if it wasn't for trolls like you and some of your friends. Why the jealousy????? Why the digs. It seems like playing UConn close and occasionally winning a game makes your season while PC unfortunately doesn't command a lot of attention from the team. I think UConn has quite often not taken PC seriously and played their C game or worse while PC played their A+ game, thus PC's enjoying a couple of wins at our expense. You would think we'd learn but not so much, I guess. Anyway, we probably will never ever try and get an out of conference with you because you and PC are irrelevant. If we were to schedule the new Big East, it'd probably be Villanova or Georgetown, someone with relevance.

A couple of wins? Me thinks you need to check the record the last decade or so. Might be surprised

Reaction Score
Sean, you're posting this gibberish on a board that has seen their team win 3 NC's over the past 14 years. Meanwhile, PC hasn't been to the NCAA's in over 9 years. Do you really think you can get our collective goats with the above dribble?

Apparently I can...and it's drivel. Clean it up, you're better than that :)

Reaction Score
Mods are sleeping over here. Amazing how much more tolerant of trolls we are compared to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom