OT: - Your Mount Rushmore of Desserts | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Your Mount Rushmore of Desserts

Reaction Score
65592417-F317-4B49-912D-C588BFE6F6E5.jpeg

My current snack plate…oatmeal butterscotch chocolate chip, peanut butter ball, Russian tea cake and cherry cream cheese thumbprint cookies.

Reaction Score
Chocolate souffle with vanilla sauce
Boiled custard on poundcake
Ambrosia
Almond creme brulee

Reaction Score
Black Bottom Cupcakes

Chocolate cupcakes that have a cream cheese/nestle morsel mixture baked in. Once I have one I can't stop until I eat a dozen or so
I bake a lot and I’d never heard of these. I think I might make some this week.

Reaction Score
creme de mint pie on oreo cookie crust, butter cookies , kifils and a home made fruitcake which has been soaking in apricot brandy for three weeks.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Tiramisu, Bananas' Foster Cheesecake, Cannoli, and homemade Kahlua. Retired pastry chef, here. Don't miss the holiday madness one bit.

Ever thought of coming out of retirement and taking a vacation to hmmm... .. Central North Carolina? Asking for a buddy.

I'm not a big dessert eater, but anything with peanut butter is #1!

If you ever venture to the Southeast, be sure to stop by a Cookout... they have Peanut Butter Milkshakes... and at the bottom of the cup there usually is a nice glob of peanut butter.

I've eaten a few doughnuts from Krispy Kreme in my lifetime.... but the absolutely best one they have ever had was when they had the Reeses doughnut with the peanut butter filling with peanut butter chips and peanut butter icing on top. Edit... just scoured the KK menu.... apparently its a permanent menu item now.

Guess who is headed to Krispy Kreme tomorrow after my doctor's checkup to pick up a few Peanut Butter donuts...... provided I get good news

me.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ever thought of coming out of retirement and taking a vacation to hmmm... .. Central North Carolina? Asking for a buddy.

If you ever venture to the Southeast, be sure to stop by a Cookout... they have Peanut Butter Milkshakes... and at the bottom of the cup there usually is a nice glob of peanut butter.

I've eaten a few doughnuts from Krispy Kreme in my lifetime.... but the absolutely best one they have ever had was when they had the Reeses doughnut with the peanut butter filling with peanut butter chips and peanut butter icing on top. Edit... just scoured the KK menu.... apparently its a permanent menu item now.

Guess who is headed to Krispy Kreme tomorrow after my doctor's checkup to pick up a few Peanut Butter donuts...... provided I get good news

View attachment 82215

Good luck at the doc's!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i answer all these types of questions from a 'daily driver' perspective.
choc mousse cake
sfogliatelle
banana cream pie
apple fritters

i like most confections, but regularly eating things like fruit cake, pecan pie, napoleans, raspberry filled choc dipped cookies, and such quickly become too much. unsustainable. my big four never get old.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score

Vanilla Crème Brûlée

Fascias Chocolates (butter crunch, caramels especially)

Ben and Jerry's (van. choc, anything with caramel)

Reaction Score
My Mount Rushmore of desserts would have (in no particular order):
  • Mississippi mud cake with bourbon/espresso glaze
  • Sticky toffee cake
  • Banana cream pie
  • This coffee cake we do that's a family recipe; it has layers of cinnamon sugar, chopped nuts, and chocolate chips
Honorable mention -- I'm a bread lover too, but for a dessert I'd pick Portuguese sweet bread. Yum.

Reaction Score
This is the Holiday Season, and I would guess there are more sweets devoured in the month of December than any other month. That being said, what desserts would you place on your Mount Rushmore of Desserts?

For me. Sweet Potato Pie, Plain Cheesecake, and Pound Cake are the no-doubters. After much debate, I think I will have to put up Italian Cream Cake as the 4th.
On my list would be brownies from scratch made with walnuts and high quality chocolate chips; cheesecake with raspberry sauce; Russian tea cookies (also known by many other names). During the summer I’d have to add a hot fudge sundae. Unfortunately, I’m not supposed to eat any of that stuff anymore

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How many hummingbirds does it take to make a pie?
Well, it takes four and 20 blackbirds, which are considerably smaller than hummingbirds. Assuming that a hummingbird is roughly 25% of a black bird, it would be 6 and 90 hummingbirds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom