OT: - Your favorite country folk songs | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Your favorite country folk songs

Reaction Score
Jolene by Dolly Parton
Hey, @Kaizen, in case you haven't seen what Dolly wrought with her song, Jolene, watch this recent feedback to her song. For anyone who hasn't seen this yet, don't judge until you see the entire clip. These women wrote and perform the song with Dolly's approval. Enjoy.

Apologize for the short diversion @Kaizen but you brought it up. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hey, @Kaizen, in case you haven't seen what Dolly wrought with her song, Jolene, watch this recent feedback to her song. For anyone who hasn't seen this yet, don't judge until you see the entire clip. These women wrote and perform the song with Dolly's approval. Enjoy.

Apologize for the short diversion @Kaizen but you brought it up. :rolleyes:

Just love those three women, great performance, thanks....

Reaction Score
Going to go with the 'Different Country' aspect for this one. Has kind of an 'epic' feel to it.
Written by Scottish musician/songwriter Dougie MacLean - The Gael (Or the soundtrack to Last of the Mohicans)
This performance by the Shamrock Redheads. Really nice violin work here.

While looking for which version to link I found a funny comment on one of the YT videos:
"if you hear on the news a man seen running down the road, jumping over gutters and cars, with a musket in hand, wearing headphones, looking for a damsel in distress, its just me after a few scotches listening to this on repeat. makes me all sad and uplifted and peaceful and anxious all at once"
(Is it wrong to admit that I get what he means? Hope not.)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Amazing song, quite pertinent to the generation that was coming of age in the late Sixties. And all others, too.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Richard Thompson's father was a policeman and often had to go in and clear out flop houses or bust druggies. Richard wrote this one about some of those places. Sandy Denny sang it on the Fairport album, there are loads of Richard's versions on Youtube.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom