You guys need to give your team a break and be patient. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

You guys need to give your team a break and be patient.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Did any of guys think “wow I really need to go write a passive aggressive essay about how much better we are” on Tulsa, Temple or Holy Cross boards? You guys appreciate someone creating an account here for the sole purpose of calling us out on our own fandom? How self important do you have to feel to do that?

Reaction Score
Did any of guys think “wow I really need to go write a passive aggressive essay about how much better we are” on Tulsa, Temple or Holy Cross boards? You guys appreciate someone creating an account here for the sole purpose of calling us out on our own fandom? How self important do you have to feel to do that?

Winning will take care of all of this nonsense. Alabama and Ohio State don't have to worry about guest writers comments such as this. At the level we have performed, we deserve all the criticism we get, either self imposed or from the outside. Sometimes the 5,000 foot view adds a different twist or demension such as this one. Did we need it? The answer is no. We already know how bad we are. Do I really care what his thoughts are? No again but he has the right. I have seen much worse commentary especially from Cuse and WVA fans.

Reaction Score
How many regular posters from other fan bases do we have on this board? Kobe? Friar J? Any others? Or do we keep scaring everyone else off? Even if this Mizzou guy is BSing us, was he really that far off in his comments about UConn? A lot of us after the game were saying basically the same stuff about the talent gap. Why that much venom over his post? Because it was from an outsider? Is your ego that fragile? Will the Yard meltdown if someone passive-aggressively disses us?

Frankly I don't give a crap if this Mizzou guy is punking us or not, but after all the years I've been on this board (going back almost 2 decades now), some of you could stand to lighten up a little (or a LOT) when it comes to guest posters and making the automatic assumption that they're daring to disrespect UConn on our board. Because as we know, that's our job. Unless you just can't stand outside opinions.

Reaction Score
When even Nostical can see through this it may be time for some of you guys to reconsider your point of view.

This thread is an embarrassment and one of many reasons why I can't post or even read this board anymore. This loser was so open to dialogue that he hasn't posted anything since. Instead he's sitting back and laughing about gullible and idiotic our fanbase is.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Dan, if an opposing fan is new to the board, it doesn't automatically make him a troll. How often would a Missouri fan ever post on a UConn board?

We've had a couple of other Mizzou fans that were not trolling us. We engaged with them and some even invited them to tailgates.

This is NOT one of those Mizzou fans, Bugsy. This is a troll. I'm kind of shocked that other folks aren't seeing that in his post...

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I was only browsing this board the week before Miz vs uconn's game to get some info on what UConn looks like. Just being an outsider, it looks like you guys were pretty bullish on where UConn was at since you beat Temple and Tulsa. Thing is Missouri isnt Temple or Tulsa. After reading some comments after saturday's game. I just wanted to say you guys need to give your team a break. You guys are making progress and your offense have been scoring a lot of points. Just have faith in your team and what the coaching staff is trying to get the team going. I think…you’re in a bad spot to try and compare your lost to Missouri and define your season here. I think your coach understands that as well, reason why he said he’s not going to show the team any tape of this game. Missouri isn’t a typical 3-5 team. Adversity presented itself early in the year to this team and they didn’t handle it well and lost a few games it shouldn’t have. Also, the teams we’ve lost too have records of 6-2, 6-2, 6-2, 8-0 from the SEC. Maybe you might have had a chance earlier in the season but after the bye, Missouri has been a different team. An elite offense that was going to score a lot of points and defense that might be leaky.

Something I also want to point out that is a hot topic on this board is cushion. Unless your CB is faster than our WR, they have to play with 10 yards cushion. Not trying to bash UConn but I doubt you have faster CB if our WR could outrun Georgia’s DB. Just the difference in talent. And you know what, 10 yard cushion isn’t a bad thing that you guys think it is…it just that you ran into a team that has Drew Lock. He has a NFL arm and will be playing on Sundays either this year or next. There is a reason why you give up those 10 yards cushion if the QB is on the other hash. 95% of QB can’t make those throws from hash to hash quick enough before CB comes and tackle or break it up. Drew Lock can. He is also pretty accurate with the deep ball as well…so I guess your coaches were fine with giving up 6-12 yards play and hope to make a red zone stop rather than 75 yards bombs that Drew Lock can make. Your offense might have clicked against our secondary too…or more if it weren’t for that fact that our defensive line is starting to get together. Our nose tackle came back from a 6 games suspension, Beckner #5 is a 1st rounder who is finally becoming the monster after a 2nd acl tear 2 years in a row. Unlucky you didn’t play this team when Purdue played it but its clicking on all cylinders right now.

I hope your team just forget this loss because its not going to serve them well to remember it. You’re not going to meet another QB this year who is 6’5 and can bomb it 75 yards from one hash to the opposite side of the field. Nor giant ass WR/TE who are 6’3-6’5 and can beat your secondary. Your offense is going to score as long as you give the QB some time. I thought your defense was improving too the past two weeks before Missouri.

Sorry. Losing to Mizzou that way is embarrassing. Its a crappy football program

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We've had a couple of other Mizzou fans that were not trolling us. We engaged with them and some even invited them to tailgates.

This is NOT one of those Mizzou fans, Bugsy. This is a troll. I'm kind of shocked that other folks aren't seeing that in his post...

Agreed. Drew Lock is good (not great). A couple of their WR are good. Other than that, it was crap. Had he mentioned that our team marched up and down the field against their defense, only to end drives with unforced errors, that might have sounded sincere. Are they better? Yes, of course. Are they better to the tune of the score of that game? Hell no. Not even in the ballpark. My complaint with the game wasn't that we lost, it was that we acted like we'd never played the game before. We looked like the bad news Bears of football...in the early part of the movie, not later on. That wasn't forced because we were playing some vastly superior team, it was our own mistakes.

Reaction Score
Man, you guys are crazy but I like crazy. I’m going try and just post a whole response to everything I’ve read and maybe respond to single replies later. I’m not trying to troll, I’ve been following all your posts on this past week and how you responded to your team this week. I think most of you guys are over reacting to your loss to us. I’m just trying to reason to you guys that this loss isn’t going to be as bad as you think. Look, I can’t explain it anyway without it saying hur dur Missouri betta than that school near Boston or is it Amherst... (joke joke…am I allow to joke on this site?). We are and talent wise there is a huge gap.

I don’t know where the misconception is that Missouri football is bad. I think I read in one reply that it’s a crappy football program? Missouri won the SEC East in 2013 and 2014. The last decade, we have won over 10 games 5 times. Now, I didn’t get on here to tell you about our past accolades. It doesn’t matter November 1st 2017. We’re both trying to right the ship after a bad 2016 season. You have a new coach this year, we have a head coach in his 2nd year of head coaching ever. What I was trying to get at in this thread was most people on here are trashing your team because you believe Missouri was a terrible team. I’m just here to say that Missouri might be an anomaly. Reasons stated above.

Play Missouri in the beginning of the year (probably after South Carolina), UConn would have been in a shootout with Missouri…hell you might have won. I don’t think 2017 Missouri is as bad as everyone thinks they are. We’re just young on the defensive side of the ball, young head coach who made some mistakes, and lacking leadership from the senior class (a good amount from 2012-2013 class got booted or transferred). I thought this team was an 8-9 win team before the season started. That was based on talent. Adversity hit the football team and the lack of leadership derailed their season for a moment. Unfortunately for UConn is that Missouri is turning it around now.

I think your offense is good. You guys have been scoring a lot the past few games and at least you competed against all the team on the schedule, keeping it close on a good Memphis team. You moved the ball well against our defense and I believe you would have scored a lot on this defense if it was before our bye. I think all the hits your QB took earlier in the game took its toll on him. He started getting some happy feet knowing that the defensive front was going to get to him. Missouri couldn’t do that earlier in the season. I think its base on that the Beckner didn’t trust his knee and that AJ logan came back from suspension in turn taking up more blockers because he’s huge. Missouri’s secondary is still shaky so if he stayed in the pocket longer, he might have completed more passes and scored more points. I think the havoc rate for our defense that game was 20% which is big on those important downs.

Look, I know it feels like I’m coming in here and trying to gloat that my team is better than yours. I’m not. I’m just trying to give you guys an inside view on this Missouri team. Someone who know this team well for the past few years and why this team in terms of talent is better than 3-5 and that its not terrible as you think. It’s just finally getting it together but it hasn’t been consistent. Gary Pinkel would have had this team ranked right now. That’s just my own opinion. I believe that UConn is on the right track and you just need to believe in a head coach who has taken you guys to multiple bowl games.

Reaction Score
Look, I thought this game might have been a shootout. Maybe 60-40. Your offense looked potent and our defense has been pretty bad...we gave up 40 something points to Missouri St...a FCS school. Unfortunately, the defense is starting to click. I agree that your offense still moved the ball. That's why I think your team is heading in the right direction. Every other game you've played this year, you've scored a good amount. I don’t know how young they are but it can only get better. Without the drops, you guys probably score two more touchdowns? It just that you ran into this team at the wrong time.

You guys can argue if I’m a troll, a dumb hill Billy from the Midwest, or some gloater from Missouri. I just wanted to be some voice of reason that your team is still better than last year. Your head coach has your team competing in most games. Give him some time to get his players again.

Reaction Score
Man, you guys are crazy but I like crazy. I’m going try and just post a whole response to everything I’ve read and maybe respond to single replies later. I’m not trying to troll, I’ve been following all your posts on this past week and how you responded to your team this week. I think most of you guys are over reacting to your loss to us. I’m just trying to reason to you guys that this loss isn’t going to be as bad as you think. Look, I can’t explain it anyway without it saying hur dur Missouri betta than that school near Boston or is it Amherst... (joke joke…am I allow to joke on this site?). We are and talent wise there is a huge gap.

I don’t know where the misconception is that Missouri football is bad. I think I read in one reply that it’s a crappy football program? Missouri won the SEC East in 2013 and 2014. The last decade, we have won over 10 games 5 times. Now, I didn’t get on here to tell you about our past accolades. It doesn’t matter November 1st 2017. We’re both trying to right the ship after a bad 2016 season. You have a new coach this year, we have a head coach in his 2nd year of head coaching ever. What I was trying to get at in this thread was most people on here are trashing your team because you believe Missouri was a terrible team. I’m just here to say that Missouri might be an anomaly. Reasons stated above.

Play Missouri in the beginning of the year (probably after South Carolina), UConn would have been in a shootout with Missouri…hell you might have won. I don’t think 2017 Missouri is as bad as everyone thinks they are. We’re just young on the defensive side of the ball, young head coach who made some mistakes, and lacking leadership from the senior class (a good amount from 2012-2013 class got booted or transferred). I thought this team was an 8-9 win team before the season started. That was based on talent. Adversity hit the football team and the lack of leadership derailed their season for a moment. Unfortunately for UConn is that Missouri is turning it around now.

I think your offense is good. You guys have been scoring a lot the past few games and at least you competed against all the team on the schedule, keeping it close on a good Memphis team. You moved the ball well against our defense and I believe you would have scored a lot on this defense if it was before our bye. I think all the hits your QB took earlier in the game took its toll on him. He started getting some happy feet knowing that the defensive front was going to get to him. Missouri couldn’t do that earlier in the season. I think its base on that the Beckner didn’t trust his knee and that AJ logan came back from suspension in turn taking up more blockers because he’s huge. Missouri’s secondary is still shaky so if he stayed in the pocket longer, he might have completed more passes and scored more points. I think the havoc rate for our defense that game was 20% which is big on those important downs.

Look, I know it feels like I’m coming in here and trying to gloat that my team is better than yours. I’m not. I’m just trying to give you guys an inside view on this Missouri team. Someone who know this team well for the past few years and why this team in terms of talent is better than 3-5 and that its not terrible as you think. It’s just finally getting it together but it hasn’t been consistent. Gary Pinkel would have had this team ranked right now. That’s just my own opinion. I believe that UConn is on the right track and you just need to believe in a head coach who has taken you guys to multiple bowl games.

I for one get what you are saying and believe you are being sincere and not being a troll but the boneyard can be a rough place, has its own culture and rational thinking seldom works here, especially when your program is as down and out as ours. We are all pretty angry and frustrated. Although most honest UCONN fans knew this would be yet another challenging rebuilding year.

Jim Calhoun's BBall teams traditionally started out slow but by Feb. he had them at Championship level. As far as football we have been in the toilet bowl for 7 years. Three different coaches and so tired of all the losing.

If what your believing is true and your team is peaking, Mizzou fans have reason for optimism and a bowl game. After checking, your last four games are a against FL 3-4 & 3-3 in SEC play, TN, 3-5 & 0-5, Vandy 3-5 & 0-5 and Arkansas 3-5 and 1-4. Things could get exciting. Running the table you finish 7-5 and 4-5 which would be an impressive turnaround. The majority of UCONN fans would be excited about the potential of playing the bottom of the league as you will be and the prospects of going bowling.

Conversly, next Saturday, we go up against an angry one loss USF team ranked 23rd in coaches poll with injuries to our key skill players. Following that, 15th ranked and undefeated UCF. After UCF, BC 5-4 currently riding a three game win streak with victories over, Ville, VA 41-10 and FSU, 35-3. VA beat us earlier in the year 38-18. BC crushed us 30-0 last year but the score could have been much worse. We finish up with probably our only winnable game, away at Cincinnati. For all intents and purposes our season is done and we will most likely end up 3-9, at best 4-8. We are again in total rebuild mode so I think you can imagine how frustrated everyone is. It will literally take a miracle for us to finish at 6-6. If for some reason we do, 6-6 would feel like winning the Super bowl to most knowledgeable UCONN fans. On the other hand you have a better than decent shot at going bowling. All the best to the Show me kids!
PS - Memphis beat us badly, scored 70 on us!

In Randy we trust - RESTORRED!

Last edited:

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score

To be fair, the majority here appreciate your posts. Don't let a minority sour your experience here.

Lock is a good one; hang 52 more on Florida please!

Reaction Score
When even Nostical can see through this it may be time for some of you guys to reconsider your point of view.

This thread is an embarrassment and one of many reasons why I can't post or even read this board anymore. This loser was so open to dialogue that he hasn't posted anything since. Instead he's sitting back and laughing about gullible and idiotic our fanbase is.

Open the door and take a deep breath.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I understand the minorities are usually the loudest though. Mizzou boards are the same. I believe you have an offense that can upset anyone. You had Memphis sweating for awhile. For a Coach that came back and turn around this offense of yours, I think you just need to patient and let him find the key missing pieces for your defense. I just think Mizzou is finally playing to its talents under a 2nd year first time head coach and hoped that the players here and the fan base doesnt lose confidence over this loss. SB Nation's Bill C had his numbers and thought that Temple was a 95% win expectancy. You guys proved that wrong because your head coaches have you guys going in the right direction.

Whaler, if you truly believe that Mizzou is the 7th best team on your schedule than I understand your frustration on the way UConn loss. I understand you're probably mad but that's why I signed up and wanted to post that I don't believe you guys have the right story on Mizzou. I think they are your 2nd best on your schedule and hopefully they can prove it to you in the next four weeks. Our issues is with inconsistency and maturity of this whole team. You can call me names and what not but I wish your team nothing but the best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom