You guys need to give your team a break and be patient. | The Boneyard

You guys need to give your team a break and be patient.

Reaction Score
I was only browsing this board the week before Miz vs uconn's game to get some info on what UConn looks like. Just being an outsider, it looks like you guys were pretty bullish on where UConn was at since you beat Temple and Tulsa. Thing is Missouri isnt Temple or Tulsa. After reading some comments after saturday's game. I just wanted to say you guys need to give your team a break. You guys are making progress and your offense have been scoring a lot of points. Just have faith in your team and what the coaching staff is trying to get the team going. I think…you’re in a bad spot to try and compare your lost to Missouri and define your season here. I think your coach understands that as well, reason why he said he’s not going to show the team any tape of this game. Missouri isn’t a typical 3-5 team. Adversity presented itself early in the year to this team and they didn’t handle it well and lost a few games it shouldn’t have. Also, the teams we’ve lost too have records of 6-2, 6-2, 6-2, 8-0 from the SEC. Maybe you might have had a chance earlier in the season but after the bye, Missouri has been a different team. An elite offense that was going to score a lot of points and defense that might be leaky.

Something I also want to point out that is a hot topic on this board is cushion. Unless your CB is faster than our WR, they have to play with 10 yards cushion. Not trying to bash UConn but I doubt you have faster CB if our WR could outrun Georgia’s DB. Just the difference in talent. And you know what, 10 yard cushion isn’t a bad thing that you guys think it is…it just that you ran into a team that has Drew Lock. He has a NFL arm and will be playing on Sundays either this year or next. There is a reason why you give up those 10 yards cushion if the QB is on the other hash. 95% of QB can’t make those throws from hash to hash quick enough before CB comes and tackle or break it up. Drew Lock can. He is also pretty accurate with the deep ball as well…so I guess your coaches were fine with giving up 6-12 yards play and hope to make a red zone stop rather than 75 yards bombs that Drew Lock can make. Your offense might have clicked against our secondary too…or more if it weren’t for that fact that our defensive line is starting to get together. Our nose tackle came back from a 6 games suspension, Beckner #5 is a 1st rounder who is finally becoming the monster after a 2nd acl tear 2 years in a row. Unlucky you didn’t play this team when Purdue played it but its clicking on all cylinders right now.

I hope your team just forget this loss because its not going to serve them well to remember it. You’re not going to meet another QB this year who is 6’5 and can bomb it 75 yards from one hash to the opposite side of the field. Nor giant ass WR/TE who are 6’3-6’5 and can beat your secondary. Your offense is going to score as long as you give the QB some time. I thought your defense was improving too the past two weeks before Missouri.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah thanks for such amazing insight about the 7th best team on our schedule.

Appreciate it.

Mix in a paragraph and a spell checker.

Yeah that’s right 7th.

Better than Temple, ECU, Tulsa, Cinci and Holy Cross.

Look forward to playing top 80 teams the next 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There is nothing good that comes from trying to assuage the anger of an opponent. It's only percieved as passive aggression in the NorthEast. We are mostly angry, impatient people but genuinely so.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I was only browsing this board the week before Miz vs uconn's game to get some info on what UConn looks like. Just being an outsider, it looks like you guys were pretty bullish on where UConn was at since you beat Temple and Tulsa. Thing is Missouri isnt Temple or Tulsa. After reading some comments after saturday's game. I just wanted to say you guys need to give your team a break. You guys are making progress and your offense have been scoring a lot of points. Just have faith in your team and what the coaching staff is trying to get the team going. I think…you’re in a bad spot to try and compare your lost to Missouri and define your season here. I think your coach understands that as well, reason why he said he’s not going to show the team any tape of this game. Missouri isn’t a typical 3-5 team. Adversity presented itself early in the year to this team and they didn’t handle it well and lost a few games it shouldn’t have. Also, the teams we’ve lost too have records of 6-2, 6-2, 6-2, 8-0 from the SEC. Maybe you might have had a chance earlier in the season but after the bye, Missouri has been a different team. An elite offense that was going to score a lot of points and defense that might be leaky.

Something I also want to point out that is a hot topic on this board is cushion. Unless your CB is faster than our WR, they have to play with 10 yards cushion. Not trying to bash UConn but I doubt you have faster CB if our WR could outrun Georgia’s DB. Just the difference in talent. And you know what, 10 yard cushion isn’t a bad thing that you guys think it is…it just that you ran into a team that has Drew Lock. He has a NFL arm and will be playing on Sundays either this year or next. There is a reason why you give up those 10 yards cushion if the QB is on the other hash. 95% of QB can’t make those throws from hash to hash quick enough before CB comes and tackle or break it up. Drew Lock can. He is also pretty accurate with the deep ball as well…so I guess your coaches were fine with giving up 6-12 yards play and hope to make a red zone stop rather than 75 yards bombs that Drew Lock can make. Your offense might have clicked against our secondary too…or more if it weren’t for that fact that our defensive line is starting to get together. Our nose tackle came back from a 6 games suspension, Beckner #5 is a 1st rounder who is finally becoming the monster after a 2nd acl tear 2 years in a row. Unlucky you didn’t play this team when Purdue played it but its clicking on all cylinders right now.

I hope your team just forget this loss because its not going to serve them well to remember it. You’re not going to meet another QB this year who is 6’5 and can bomb it 75 yards from one hash to the opposite side of the field. Nor giant ass WR/TE who are 6’3-6’5 and can beat your secondary. Your offense is going to score as long as you give the QB some time. I thought your defense was improving too the past two weeks before Missouri.

I appreciate the post and your input. Best to you and your team.

Reaction Score
I hate when we don’t engage other fans who visit here with a little more respect. The OP spends time and effort to post something to think about after his team has blown our doors off (rather than trash talking about it) and we immediately attack him. One of he most interesting things here for me to read is other teams fans who genuinely want to interact and discuss things.

As for our team the optimism was a little hollow because the back to back wins came against QB’s who were average to below average. This team is very vulnerable to good QB play.

The season has been frustrating but for me after 6 difficult seasons at least I can latch onto the fact that the games are more interesting and there seems to be some sort of direction and plan for the team overal.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I hate when we don’t engage other fans who visit here with a little more respect. The OP spends time and effort to post something to think about after his team has blown our doors off (rather than trash talking about it) and we immediately attack him. One of he most interesting things here for me to read is other teams fans who genuinely want to interact and discuss things.

As for our team the optimism was a little hollow because the back to back wins came against QB’s who were average to below average. This team is very vulnerable to good QB play.

The season has been frustrating but for me after 6 difficult seasons at least I can latch onto the fact that the games are more interesting and there seems to be some sort of direction and plan for the team overal.

Good gravy people are dense.

He is completely mocking UConn. Showing literally zero respect for the team or program.

There is not a single phrase in that post that is remotely inciteful.

You can summarize it as:

durr Mizzurri is real good - there is nothin you could do - we got dose guy who dun run past dem bulldogs. Are quarterback be the bestist cuz we beat iddaho

Have things gotten so bad for this program the fans can’t even tell when they are being mocked anymore?

If you want to eat a horsecrap word salad from some moran who can’t even spell or write a coherent sentence bragging about how good the 85th best team in the country is God bless ya. When someone comes in acting like a handjob talking out of their arse I’m going to point it out.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I appreciate the input from the fan of Mizzu but he intimates that the Mizzu team will be playing on New Years Day or after
Yes the QB has an arm but too much praise for their WRs when I could see so many teams in D1 and D2 lighting up UConn's secondary - I hate to be critical but the secondary is really bad.
A few less dropped balls, a few big plays from Newsome and the game last Saturday is different (at least closer)
Would like to get another shot at them is a few years

Reaction Score
I mean, how good is Mizzou really if a non power 5 team put up 70 plus against us and they couldn't come close to that. Not something to write home about, putting up 20 points less than a non SEC, non P5 team against UConn...

Reaction Score
I mean, how good is Mizzou really if a non power 5 team put up 70 plus against us and they couldn't come close to that. Not something to write home about, putting up 20 points less than a non SEC, non P5 team against UConn...[/

This is why this board is basically unreadable most of the time for me. I really am not sure what you even mean here. Sarcasm?? Memphis killed us and Missouri killed us. Mizzou could have scored 100 if they wanted to.

As for whaler, I think the OP pointed out the QB was better than average, they have speed at WR that could cause a slower team to scheme including large cushions; a team that started poorly and is playing better whose losses weee against good competition. More insight (or incite for you) than most posts here.

Reaction Score
This mornings Fox sports radio station said MizzU will beat Florida and Tenn. That would put them at 5-5 with Vandy and Arkansas left.

I liked the OP's take, and think a few of you should get out more. Now if it was a BCU fan then we would have found his IT address and home and taken care of him.

So thanks for the unbias insight, especially pointing out the fact that the QB is special.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Fellas, I'm always eager to welcome an opposing fan on this board. But we're being punked with this thread. I hope you all realize that. Its almost as bad as the folks who take that NE Football guy seriously as if he's not a BC fan punking us as well. C'mon y'all...

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Fellas, I'm always eager to welcome an opposing fan on this boards. But we're being punked with this thread. I hope you all realize that. Its almost as bad as the folks who take that NE Football guy seriously as if he's not a BC fan punking us as well. C'mon y'all...

This is frightening. Even if it were serious the premise is ridiculous.

Missouri is the 7th best team on the schedule. Below the median UConn opponent. So hundreds of words about how great the personnel is on the 85th best team in the country is pretty underwhelming.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Good gravy people are dense.

He is completely mocking UConn. Showing literally zero respect for the team or program.

There is not a single phrase in that post that is remotely inciteful.

You can summarize it as:

durr Mizzurri is real good - there is nothin you could do - we got dose guy who dun run past dem bulldogs. Are quarterback be the bestist cuz we beat iddaho

Have things gotten so bad for this program the fans can’t even tell when they are being mocked anymore?

If you want to eat a horsecrap word salad from some moran who can’t even spell or write a coherent sentence bragging about how good the 85th best team in the country is God bless ya. When someone comes in acting like a handjob talking out of their arse I’m going to point it out.
Meh, I think you might have been a bit quick on the trigger on that guy, though it did feel like trolling.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Meh, I think you might have been a bit quick on the trigger on that guy, though it did feel like trolling.

If it’s not trolling that’s even worse. Then it’s a unreadable screed on how good the 85th best team in the country is.

Reaction Score
Fellas, I'm always eager to welcome an opposing fan on this board. But we're being punked with this thread. I hope you all realize that. Its almost as bad as the folks who take that NE Football guy seriously as if he's not a BC fan punking us as well. C'mon y'all...

If you are referring to me you sir are very wrong. I go back to Wes Balnasucia (sp), and although in FB the conference thing has taken a toal on me I do bleed blue.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If you are referring to me you sir are very wrong. I go back to Wes Balnasucia (sp), and although in FB the conference thing has taken a toal on me I do bleed blue.

No, no, no! Not you, dude. There's a relatively newer poster whose name I'm pretty sure is NE Football. He's clearly a BC fan getting a rise in most threads by pretending to be a UConn fan and saying things like, "it's just hard to pull talent here away from teams like BC" or "Addazio has a lock on New England right now."

The worst part is that people fall for it...

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If it’s not trolling that’s even worse. Then it’s a unreadable screed on how good the 85th best team in the country is.

Fits right in with the screeds about how we're about to knock off directional Florida and go bowling.

Reaction Score
This is frightening. Even if it were serious the premise is ridiculous.

Missouri is the 7th best team on the schedule. Below the median UConn opponent. So hundreds of words about how great the personnel is on the 85th best team in the country is pretty underwhelming.

Whaler, I like most of your posts but your posts in this thread make you out to be a real jerk.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Anyone who sits through the games gets some poetic license.

You'd think that sitting through the games would help one understand why that won't happen. Oh well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom