You guys need to give your team a break and be patient. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

You guys need to give your team a break and be patient.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Fits right in with the screeds about how we're about to knock off directional Florida and go bowling.

That type of stuff coming from UConn fans is called "optimism" (of which I'm clearly a fan). The exact opposite stuff from a brand new poster from another fan base is called "trolling". Big difference...

Reaction Score
This is why this board is basically unreadable most of the time for me. I really am not sure what you even mean here. Sarcasm?? Memphis killed us and Missouri killed us. Mizzou could have scored 100 if they wanted to.

As for whaler, I think the OP pointed out the QB was better than average, they have speed at WR that could cause a slower team to scheme including large cushions; a team that started poorly and is playing better whose losses weee against good competition. More insight (or incite for you) than most posts here.

I mean if you are going to say your team is something special offensively and that U Conn just can't keep up with a team from the SEC, maybe you should look around.

His whole point was that UConn is good but it was this bad ass SEC team they could not keep up with. On the contrary, Uconn can't keep up with any team and maybe thinking your team is something great because they put up some points is a bit ridiculous. Every team's QB looked as good as Lock or better and every teams WRs ripped our secondary apart, so his whole premise that Uconn is good, but Mizzou was just that great would seem to be absolutely delusional.

But then again, according to you, saying that would make this whole board totally unreadable.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whaler, I like most of your posts but your posts in this thread make you out to be a real jerk.

I’ve never claimed to not be a jerk.

If people think the guy who registered to mock UConn isn’t the jerk but rather the guy who pointed it out so be it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There wasn't much in the OP that was wrong.

Some people get off on being the "Head Contrarion" or in layman's terms "Look at me"

Other than Missouri stinks it’s airtight.

Some people get off on being submissive pansies. Takes all kinds.

Reaction Score
That type of stuff coming from UConn fans is called "optimism" (of which I'm clearly a fan). The exact opposite stuff from a brand new poster from another fan base is called "trolling". Big difference...

Dan, if an opposing fan is new to the board, it doesn't automatically make him a troll. How often would a Missouri fan ever post on a UConn board?

Reaction Score
I’ve never claimed to not be a jerk.

If people think the guy who registered to mock UConn isn’t the jerk but rather the guy who pointed it out so be it.

Look, how do you know with absolute certainty that this guy is mocking us? I didn't get that from his post (yeah he made Mizzou sound like they're the Pats, but maybe he's got black & gold colored glasses about his team). The internet is so anonymous that nobody can say for sure who's posting what and for what motivation. If I'm wrong and he's mocking us, fine, then that's his problem for taking the time to be a jerk. But unless it's blatant (I've seen plenty of blatant dissing and I didn't think it was) then I'm not gonna jump down the throat of every opponent's fan that comes here and doesn't kiss our arses. Frankly, sometimes I miss some of the outside input from other fans the 'Yard used to get on the previous domains.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
D56EBB5D-468C-42D3-90DD-BB0DD5E0A28E.png

Ok while you guys fawn over the troll instead of actually typing three words into Google.

Here are Missouri’s results against everyone except Idaho, UConn and Missouri State.

But you guys keep your chins up - you can’t judge your team against Mighty Missouri.
The game film is too obscene it must be destroyed.

If you aren’t sharp enough to realize when you are being mocked maybe sit it out.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Look, how do you know with absolute certainty that this guy is mocking us? I didn't get that from his post (yeah he made Mizzou sound like they're the Pats, but maybe he's got black & gold colored glasses about his team). The internet is so anonymous that nobody can say for sure who's posting what and for what motivation. If I'm wrong and he's mocking us, fine, then that's his problem for taking the time to be a jerk. But unless it's blatant (and I didn't think it was) then I'm not gonna jump down the throat of every opponent's fan that comes here and doesn't kiss our arses. Frankly, sometimes I miss some of the outside input from other fans the 'yard used to get on the previous domains.

Sure other fans who aren’t trolling are great. Not many around though are there?

Is there a chance I’m wrong? Sure. Am I? Nope.

Reaction Score
Mix in a paragraph and a spell checker.

There were a few missed apostrophes and capital letters but there were no words spelled incorrectly. It was not poorly written and a decent attempt at trolling. Although I take issue with "Miz" if he is trying to sound formal...

Reaction Score
OK then. You'll go on forever with this so I'm out. Not worth the keystrokes.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There were a few missed apostrophes and capital letters but there were no words spelled incorrectly. It was not poorly written and a decent attempt at trolling. Although I take issue with "Miz" if he is trying to sound formal...

Maybe in Missouri that doesn’t qualify as poorly written?

It actually ended up being effective because it seems the majority doesn’t realize it’s trolling.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Maybe in Missouri that doesn’t qualify as poorly written?

It actually ended up being effective because it seems the majority doesn’t realize it’s trolling.
Nah it ended up being effective because you wrote about it for 11 posts. Just saying.

Reaction Score
A fan comes on here and tries to interact. You immediately determine its trolling. Who gives a rats ass if that’s what it is. You must make yourself feel better by calling it that and insulting anyone who has a different take.

I personally like the interaction with other teams fans so I choose not to be so negative about it. Unfortunately there is not a lot to brag about for us at the moment. To me Mizzou although ranked 85th or 185th looked out of our league so pointing that out is not wrong. You insulting Mizzou after they just beat the crap out of us smells of a typical spoiled, front running Uconn fan that seems to be the new normal.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
A fan comes on here and tries to interact. You immediately determine its trolling. Who gives a rats ass if that’s what it is. You must make yourself feel better by calling it that and insulting anyone who has a different take.

I personally like the interaction with other teams fans so I choose not to be so negative about it. Unfortunately there is not a lot to brag about for us at the moment. To me Mizzou although ranked 85th or 185th looked out of our league so pointing that out is not wrong. You insulting Mizzou after they just beat the crap out of us smells of a typical spoiled, front running Uconn fan that seems to be the new normal.

Yeah I’m a spoiled front running UConn fan.

You want to eat feces spoon fed to you from a Missouri fan?

Knock yourself out.

90% of the people on this board are hopeless. If you can’t figure out when a borderline illiterate is mocking you there is no way you can be saved from yourselves. (BTW you are getting likes from another tool - he just has a different act - aw shucks USF shouldn’t be favored by so many! I watched almost all your games!)

To the few people here with any semblance of a clue and self-respect - god bless.

Reaction Score

The fan basically came to an opposing team's site after they had been wooped up on and said "Hey, its alright guys, my mediocre SEC just had way too much talent for a team in your league" Enough said.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Knock yourself out.

90% of the people on this board are hopeless. If you can’t figure out when a borderline illiterate is mocking you there is no way you can be saved from yourselves. (BTW you are getting likes from another tool - he just has a different act - aw shucks USF shouldn’t be favored by so many! I watched almost all your games!)

To the few people here with any semblance of a clue and self-respect - god bless.
Why are you making such a big deal out of this?

Reaction Score
90% of the people on this board are hopeless.

I have little doubt you believe that and no doubt that you are clueless as to what that comment says about you.

You're in a tough place Whaler. Be well.

Reaction Score

Knock yourself out.

You're wasting your time here. I'd bump it 95%.

Amazing how stupid some of you guys are. You're getting punked and eating it like ice cream. Have some self respect.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Mods- this thread is toxic. Please lock it so it goes away

Reaction Score
Any poster from a victorious opponent's camp who would come to our board and expend that amount of time and effort to to lay out his long winded rationale, ostensibly to give us reason to keep our chins up is either:
1. Sincere
2. A dumb and delusional Em-effer, or
3. A troll.
Based on my intensive review, I vote for #2.

Reaction Score
I mean, how good is Mizzou really if a non power 5 team put up 70 plus against us and they couldn't come close to that. Not something to write home about, putting up 20 points less than a non SEC, non P5 team against UConn...

Missouri could have put up 100 if they wanted too. Credit to their coach.

Spectator KC is correct, although after 7 years of losing regardless of who is to blame, everyone's patience and loyalty is growing thin. I am envious of how USF and UCF can turn losing into top 25 teams in such a short time frame. Obviously the talent in Florida
makes a huge difference! UCONN should open a branch in Naples to bolster recruiting. We have enough CT residents living there. LOL!

Reaction Score
I don’t think he was trolling, but he basically said, “Don’t feel bad, we are just really good and you suck, what did you expect?”

Everything he said could have been said about Holy Cross, Memphis and SMU.

Reaction Score
I was only browsing this board the week before Miz vs uconn's game to get some info on what UConn looks like. Just being an outsider, it looks like you guys were pretty bullish on where UConn was at since you beat Temple and Tulsa. Thing is Missouri isnt Temple or Tulsa. After reading some comments after saturday's game. I just wanted to say you guys need to give your team a break. You guys are making progress and your offense have been scoring a lot of points. Just have faith in your team and what the coaching staff is trying to get the team going. I think…you’re in a bad spot to try and compare your lost to Missouri and define your season here. I think your coach understands that as well, reason why he said he’s not going to show the team any tape of this game. Missouri isn’t a typical 3-5 team. Adversity presented itself early in the year to this team and they didn’t handle it well and lost a few games it shouldn’t have. Also, the teams we’ve lost too have records of 6-2, 6-2, 6-2, 8-0 from the SEC. Maybe you might have had a chance earlier in the season but after the bye, Missouri has been a different team. An elite offense that was going to score a lot of points and defense that might be leaky.

Something I also want to point out that is a hot topic on this board is cushion. Unless your CB is faster than our WR, they have to play with 10 yards cushion. Not trying to bash UConn but I doubt you have faster CB if our WR could outrun Georgia’s DB. Just the difference in talent. And you know what, 10 yard cushion isn’t a bad thing that you guys think it is…it just that you ran into a team that has Drew Lock. He has a NFL arm and will be playing on Sundays either this year or next. There is a reason why you give up those 10 yards cushion if the QB is on the other hash. 95% of QB can’t make those throws from hash to hash quick enough before CB comes and tackle or break it up. Drew Lock can. He is also pretty accurate with the deep ball as well…so I guess your coaches were fine with giving up 6-12 yards play and hope to make a red zone stop rather than 75 yards bombs that Drew Lock can make. Your offense might have clicked against our secondary too…or more if it weren’t for that fact that our defensive line is starting to get together. Our nose tackle came back from a 6 games suspension, Beckner #5 is a 1st rounder who is finally becoming the monster after a 2nd acl tear 2 years in a row. Unlucky you didn’t play this team when Purdue played it but its clicking on all cylinders right now.

I hope your team just forget this loss because its not going to serve them well to remember it. You’re not going to meet another QB this year who is 6’5 and can bomb it 75 yards from one hash to the opposite side of the field. Nor giant ass WR/TE who are 6’3-6’5 and can beat your secondary. Your offense is going to score as long as you give the QB some time. I thought your defense was improving too the past two weeks before Missouri.

Thanks for taking the time to give your point of view. Hoping Edsal and staff can get the right players and turn good grapes into fine wine. Right now the grapes are pretty sour. The wine needs to go through the aging process.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom