Yanks | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Yanks

Reaction Score
Count me as a Yankees fan who honestly doesn't care about Red Sox success. I care about the Yankees winning. If the Sox win, good for them, they deserve it. Baseball is a tough sport, if you play 162, then get through the playoffs and win it is a great accomplishment. I was fortunate to live through the late 90's dynasty. As time goes by you really appreciate how amazing it is to win 3 in a row and 4 out 5. Hopefully the Yankees can get back to winning.

Reaction Score
Under most circumstances, that is solid logic. But with 2 outs, a guy on first and you are deciding on Altuve versus the guy after Altuve, you pitch to the guy after Altuve. Why? You are comparing a guy who hits for average, hits for power and is clutch, hitting with a guy on first, with the next guy hitting with a guy on second. However, this does highlight why having a team of guys that can hit for average is so important. It made this a very tough decision because the next guy up wasn't just an average hitter.

There is not a single manager in all of baseball that puts the winning run on 2nd base, not a one! You make Altuve beat you with an extra base hit, instead of Marisnick beating you with a bloop single!

Reaction Score
Yanks did this without their best starter this year, German, reliever Betances and 3 players coming off injuries going into the playoffs. Then the ump decided to call pitches 8 inches off the plate. We need another ace starter too. It’s time to package some of the extra talent that other teams want and we have plenty to fill in the holes.
german is 3rd or 4th

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Just for clarity, it's 4-1 Sox since 1997. That's over 20 years.
That's completely inaccurate and goes towards my point.
Completely inaccurate?
How many titles for the Red Sox since 1997? 4
How many titles for the Yankees since 1997? 1
Goes to my point that it's the Sox fans in the Yankee fan heads. Even casual fans.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Springer was on first. Walking altuve and moving springer into scoring position is not a great play.

with 2 outs in a tie game in a 2-1 count. Yeah sure let’s force a strike to the best clutch hitter in baseball. David Ortiz says what’s up. Load the bases with two outs who cares.The next person up was a PINCH RUNNER. But yeah let’s pitch to the best post season hitter.

Reaction Score
Completely inaccurate?
Goes to my point that it's the Sox fans in the Yankee fan heads. Even casual fans.
This is strange even for this board...
Screenshot_20191020-115109_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
As a Yankee fan, theres one thing I will add...Its definitely not the time for Yankees fans to be antagonizing Red Sox fans about the 27 Championships. Ive seen this on Twitter and honestly, that argument is long over. In the last 30+ years, the Yankees have 5, and the Red Sox have 4. Since 2004, when things turned the other way, the Red Sox won 4, and the Yankees 1. The tide really did turn after the collapse in the 2004 ALCS.

The Yankees have not gotten many breaks and had some tough luck since then. You can make the argument the Yankees should have won World Series in the mid 2000’s with the talent they had, but It never worked out. 2009 was a really good team, and you can make the argument how that group could have won more than 1 World Series, but it just seemed like that window of opportunity closed quickly because those guys started to age starting in 2011 and always seemed gassed by the time September/October came around.

I’ve seen 7 all grown up for them. Also hate the Yankee fans who talk about 27 it’s ridiculous. Also we are now “celebrating” the first decade in a century without a WS, both impressive and very sad. They’ve been really good in this decade so why? Maybe Brian can help answer that.

Reaction Score
In a thread started by a Red Sox fan, congratulating the Yanks, that's a myopic way of viewing it.

Heck, mau responds to a Sox fan's generic critique of the Yanks, with an attempted Red Sox pot shot. And then has the "awareness" to say Yanks fans are above it all. Can you not see that?

See @JohnFSilver's response above? That's how it's done.

And we make posts about Cuse all the time when they have failures. It fuels us. Yet, we have had far more success than them. We should never even mention them in theory. But it's fun to poop on them. We are NOT above it. That's what being a fan is all about.

Not sure what you saw but you’re lost. I Liked uconngb’s classy post well stated.

Then soxfan23 who is constantly all over the Yanks posted with a jack off reply to be sure the Yanks received no credit for battling the better team. He deserved my reply too bad if you don’t like that really could care less.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I’ve seen 7 all grown up for them. Also hate the Yankee fans who talk about 27 it’s ridiculous. Also we are now “celebrating” the first decade in a century without a WS, both impressive and very sad. They’ve been really good in this decade so why? Maybe Brian can help answer that.

I think Billy Beane has the best answer for it.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Can you guess which major league player who across a full season has the most bad calls go against him according to statcast? But it's probably his fault for being 6'7".
Yes, Judge. Pitches which are clearly below the knees (yes even HIS knees) should be called ball but that's not why they lost. I think you're going to see electronic strike zones in the not too distant future. They are already using it in the minors. I think this is fair if it works right; the replays have worked well in the other aspects (foul/fair) (tags) (interference) etc. Tired of the BS from umpires who can just do that over and over. There were bad calls and certainly inconsistent calls at the plate against both teams; you would think they could do better for the playoffs. Pretty embarrassing to me for MLB to have that kind of quality on the big stage.

Reaction Score
It is like he didn't watch how the Yankees lost by pitching to Big Papi. The midget has the world's smallest strike zone and can hit anything in it. Pitch around him! By the way, he makes Pedroia look like a giant.
If you think calling the man a midget is a compliment then you are as big an a** hole As I thought u were

the Q

Reaction Score
Yes, Judge. Pitches which are clearly below the knees (yes even HIS knees) should be called ball but that's not why they lost. I think you're going to see electronic strike zones in the not too distant future. They are already using it in the minors. I think this is fair if it works right; the replays have worked well in the other aspects (foul/fair) (tags) (interference) etc. Tired of the BS from umpires who can just do that over and over. There were bad calls and certainly inconsistent calls at the plate against both teams; you would think they could do better for the playoffs. Pretty embarrassing to me for MLB to have that kind of quality on the big stage.

still better than the nfl and NBA by far.

But yes, electronic strike zone is inevitable.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Yankee's fan here (longtime).

Altuve is not the Astro's highest player. Not sure why, but when I see Astro's in the post season, all I hear is his name. He's more feared than Aaron Judge, especially in critical at bats.

Just saying kid should be making 'bag'.

BTW he seems to be a good man overall. Respect.

He's making a case for "Mr. October" of this generation. Got to hand it too him. Scary good in the playoffs and he's got a motor and a half. And a good man.

Reaction Score

No doubt Judge gets killed consistently. But he had a bad series took way too many first pitches down the pipe. Guessed too much and badly.

Reaction Score
Completely inaccurate?
I'm a Sox fan and I was cringing reading your post and then defiantly defending it. Google is a great invention. Use it.

Reaction Score
There is not a single manager in all of baseball that puts the winning run on 2nd base, not a one! You make Altuve beat you with an extra base hit, instead of Marisnick beating you with a bloop single!
Don't care. There are a lot of things that every manager used to do that no one does anymore. And I am not even saying that. All I am saying is that there are NO absolute truths and it depends on the situation. This case was not typical at all. Extreme situations mean you might want to buck convention.

the Q

Reaction Score
Don't care. There are a lot of things that every manager used to do that no one does anymore. And I am not even saying that. All I am saying is that there are NO absolute truths and it depends on the situation. This case was not typical at all. Extreme situations mean you might want to buck convention.

Since youre an engineer I’ll use math.

To walk altuve you’d need to think he was more likely to get an extra base hit than Marisnik was to not make an out.
Altuve X
xbh rate: .111
Marisnek obp: .289

Reaction Score
The ALCS was won at the trade deadline. Houston made the moves and NYY stood put. Give me Gio, DJ, Gleyber as the nucleus going forward with some actual ace starting pitchers. El Gary sucked and Judge did not step up. Hated the Stanton signing 2 years ago. Last thing they needed was another HR or nothing bat.

I also hated the whole savages thing. It was such forced bravado. The 2019 version of the New York, New York boom box by the Red Sox lockeroom after winning one game. Immature and if I were an opponent I would see it as a sign of weakness. Confident mentally strong teams don't have to constantly beat their chests and let you know how tough they are. They do what DJ and Altuve did in the 9th and let you know when it counts on the field. Didn't see the 90s teams having to resort to that.

They better find something extra because they came up short the last 3 years and Houston isn't going anywhere.

I still can't believe George Springer played at my school and I never even saw a game of his. Great job by the Hathaway era marketing dept. He's probably the biggest UConn pro star right now with Kemba.

Last edited:

the Q

Reaction Score
The ALCS was won at the trade deadline. Houston made the moves and NYY stood put. Give me Gio, DJ, Gleyber as the nucleus going forward with some actual ace starting pitchers. El Gary sucked and Judge did not step up. Hated the Stanton signing 2 years ago. Last thing they needed was another HR or nothing bat.

I also hated the whole savages thing. It was such forced bravado. The 2019 version of the New York, New York boom box by the Red Sox lockeroom after winning one game. Immature and if I were an opponent I would see it as a sign of weakness. Confident mentally strong teams don't have to constantly beat their chests and let you know how tough they are. They do what DJ and Altuve did in the 9th and let you know when it counts on the field. Didn't see the 90s teams having to resort to that.

They better find something extra because they came up short the last 3 years and Houston is going anywhere.

I still can't believe George Springer played at my school and I never even saw a game of his. Great job by the Hathaway era marketing dept. He's probably the biggest UConn pro star right now with Kemba.

not sure I’d be counting on DJ or Gio to repeat their 2019s.
But yes not getting a starter at the deadline was a bit of a head scratcher.

Reaction Score

They better find something extra because they came up short the last 3 years and Houston is going anywhere.

You forgot Judge. A core of Judge, Gleyber, DJ, Andujar, and Gio. I let Didi walk, and only bring back Gardner if he takes a 1 year deal for not much money. Get a couple bats who spray the ball and don't swing for the fences.

I like Paxton, Tanaka, and Sevy but they need a true ace. Got to get Cole. I have no clue what to do with Gary, he's wildly overrated. He improved behind the plate but still scares me and he can't hit good playoff pitching. He's a mistake hitter and playoff pitchers rarely make mistakes.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Completely inaccurate?

What was I watching in 98'99' and 2,000???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom