Yanks | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Yanks

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
My point is no matter what The Red Sox or Cuse accomplish they will be focused just as much on the Yankees and UConn as they are on their own successes. It's why there are as many threads on the Cuse board talking about UConn as there are about rheir own basketball team, it's why when Yankees threads pop up here Red Sox fans make the threads about the Red Sox.

In a thread started by a Red Sox fan, congratulating the Yanks, that's a myopic way of viewing it.

Heck, mau responds to a Sox fan's generic critique of the Yanks, with an attempted Red Sox pot shot. And then has the "awareness" to say Yanks fans are above it all. Can you not see that?

See @JohnFSilver's response above? That's how it's done.

And we make posts about Cuse all the time when they have failures. It fuels us. Yet, we have had far more success than them. We should never even mention them in theory. But it's fun to poop on them. We are NOT above it. That's what being a fan is all about.

Reaction Score
Yankees lost two games in a six game series in walk-offs. That is about as close a series as you can get. Teams were about even. Astros better fundamentally and of course have better starting pitching. If Ottavino didn’t suck, wonder where the series would be.

I think Yankees have to get Gerrit Cole. They’ve wanted him for almost a decade and tried to trade for him many times.
Do they have the money for him? He is going to get a 200mil plus deal.

Reaction Score
My point is no matter what The Red Sox or Cuse accomplish they will be focused just as much on the Yankees and UConn as they are on their own successes. It's why there are as many threads on the Cuse board talking about UConn as there are about rheir own basketball team, it's why when Yankees threads pop up here Red Sox fans make the threads about the Red Sox.

Stop! You know it goes both ways!

Reaction Score
Hey Aaron Boone,

Quick question? tie game, 2 outs, 1 on, base open why are you pitching to arguable the most clutch post season hitter in the game?

- Pissed off Yankee Fan.

I'll hang up and listen.

Wasn't Springer on 1st? There was no base open and you certainly can't put the winning run in scoring position!

Reaction Score
In a thread started by a Red Sox fan, congratulating the Yanks, that's a myopic way of viewing it.

Heck, mau responds to a Sox fan's generic critique of the Yanks, with an attempted Red Sox pot shot. And then has the "awareness" to say Yanks fans are above it all. Can you not see that?

See @JohnFSilver's response above? That's how it's done.

And we make posts about Cuse all the time when they have failures. It fuels us. Yet, we have had far more success than them. We should never even mention them in theory. But it's fun to poop on them. We are NOT above it. That's what being a fan is all about.
Cuse board posts way more about UConn than UConn posts about Cuse, it's not even in the same stratosphere. There are legit times when they have more posts about UConn than Syracuse.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Thread direction...PAUSE

Who was the hot chick in Cashman's suite? Did you notice Buck and Smoltz said nothing and FOX never went back there?

RESUME

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Cuse board posts way more about UConn than UConn posts about Cuse, it's not even in the same stratosphere. There are legit times when they have more posts about UConn than Syracuse.

It doesn't matter who does it to a greater extent. Fact is, we still do it all the time. We just don't have one big massive thread on it.

Next big Cuse failure, and I guarantee we'll have mult posts on it. There will def Cuse posts if they don't land Isaiah Jackson.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I care about the Yankees success and have no problem congratulating the Red Sox on their success.

That's because you're not a real Yankee fan. Yankee fans feelings run deeper than "care".

Reaction Score
As a Yankee fan, theres one thing I will add...Its definitely not the time for Yankees fans to be antagonizing Red Sox fans about the 27 Championships. Ive seen this on Twitter and honestly, that argument is long over. In the last 30+ years, the Yankees have 5, and the Red Sox have 4. Since 2004, when things turned the other way, the Red Sox won 4, and the Yankees 1. The tide really did turn after the collapse in the 2004 ALCS.

The Yankees have not gotten many breaks and had some tough luck since then. You can make the argument the Yankees should have won World Series in the mid 2000’s with the talent they had, but It never worked out. 2009 was a really good team, and you can make the argument how that group could have won more than 1 World Series, but it just seemed like that window of opportunity closed quickly because those guys started to age starting in 2011 and always seemed gassed by the time September/October came around.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter who does it to a greater extent. Fact is, we still do it all the time. We just don't have one big massive thread on it.

Next big Cuse failure, and I guarantee we'll have a thread on it. There will def Cuse posts if they don't land Isaiah Jackson.
It does matter it's done to a greater extent, that's my entire point. The Red Sox making everything about the Yankees reminds me of the Orange making everything about UConn. IMO, it's a function of both fanbases knowing no matter what they will never match the accomplishments of the teams they are so laser focused on. It's all a bit silly to me because those teams are so accomplished in their own rights.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Since 2004, when things turned the other way, the Red Sox won 4, and the Yankees 1.
Just for clarity, it's 4-1 Sox since 1997. That's over 20 years.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It does matter it's done to a greater extent, that's my entire point. The Red Sox making everything about the Yankees reminds me of the Orange making everything about UConn.

But they weren't the ones doing it here. There was a one sentence pot shot by a Red Sox. In a congratulatory thread started by a Sox fan. If Yankees fans ignored it, as they should have, if they are indeed 'above it all', then no one would be discussing the Sox.

Your thesis is unsupported here. So why bother talking about the Sox and their fans in this thread?

Reaction Score
It's weird how much Yankees will always be in the Red Sox heads despite the Red Sox winning several World Series now. I care about the Yankees success and have no problem congratulating the Red Sox on their success. The dynamic is similar to the UConn Syracuse dynamic. This thread is about the Yankees, yet Sox fans made it about the Red Sox.

It is weird, it's like the Yankees and Red Sox have switched bodies. The Red Sox keep bringing home World Series Champions banners and the Yankees keep losing in the most excruciating ways. It used to be Boston losing to Bucky Dent, now it's the Yankees making error after error or coming back and then blowing it. Definitely weird.

Reaction Score
I think the Astros are a far superior team and will win the World Series. However, I predict that Cole will struggle. His control has been slipping the last couple of games. He was so good that it didn't matter. But, at some point, it will cross a threshold. I don't know if the Nats have a good enough lineup to do serious damage but Cole is no longer the invincible man.

The problem with the Yankees is Cashman. He loves home run hitters and doesn't value dominant pitchers. On the latter, I can understand because so many dominate pitchers suddenly fall apart and become ordinary. You don't want to get too many of those guys under big contracts. But is it not his job to pick out the durable ones? As far as hitting goes, this string of home run guys are great for winning lots of games off of teams with bad or even decent pitching. The problem is that they often get shut down by great pitchers. If you don't have some guys that hit for average, you are in trouble against a team like the Astros. Dominate pitchers and guys who hit for average win championships. If you have too many holes in your lineup, you had better have dominate pitchers.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
winter is longer in upstate ny than in Connecticut. way longer. things get kinda mundane up there when we're already hitting the links, and they're still fixing their igloos. shut indoors, they need stuff to yak about other than the price of heating oil. lol.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Hey Aaron Boone,

Quick question? tie game, 2 outs, 1 on, base open why are you pitching to arguable the most clutch post season hitter in the game?

- Pissed off Yankee Fan.

I'll hang up and listen.

Springer was on first. Walking altuve and moving springer into scoring position is not a great play.

Reaction Score
Hey Aaron Boone,

- Pissed off Yankee Fan.

I'll hang up and listen.
It is like he didn't watch how the Yankees lost by pitching to Big Papi. The midget has the world's smallest strike zone and can hit anything in it. Pitch around him! By the way, he makes Pedroia look like a giant.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
At -235, the Astros are the largest favorites entering the World Series since the 2007 Boston Red Sox were -240 to beat the Colorado Rockies, according to Sportsoddshistory.com.

And we know what happened in 2007. 4 game sweep.

I think those odds are nuts.

not that Houston isn’t the better team, but those two studs can match Cole and Verlander pitch for pitch and could easily steal those games.

plus they have Sanchez vs a Houston bullpen game in game 4.

Reaction Score
Hey Aaron Boone,

- Pissed off Yankee Fan.

I'll hang up and listen.
Get some facts and come back to see me......Springer was on 1st not 2nd

Reaction Score
Springer was on first. Walking altuve and moving springer into scoring position is not a great play.
Under most circumstances, that is solid logic. But with 2 outs, a guy on first and you are deciding on Altuve versus the guy after Altuve, you pitch to the guy after Altuve. Why? You are comparing a guy who hits for average, hits for power and is clutch, hitting with a guy on first, with the next guy hitting with a guy on second. However, this does highlight why having a team of guys that can hit for average is so important. It made this a very tough decision because the next guy up wasn't just an average hitter.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It is weird, it's like the Yankees and Red Sox have switched bodies. The Red Sox keep bringing home World Series Champions banners and the Yankees keep losing in the most excruciating ways. It used to be Boston losing to Bucky Dent, now it's the Yankees making error after error or coming back and then blowing it. Definitely weird.

Boston in general has dominated all of pro sports lately! There is not another city that even comes close to what the Sox, Celtics, Bruins, and Pats collectively have done over the past 15 years.

Reaction Score
Losers will always be losers.
Nice self-awareness.

Reaction Score
I think those odds are nuts.

not that Houston isn’t the better team, but those two studs can match Cole and Verlander pitch for pitch and could easily steal those games.

plus they have Sanchez vs a Houston bullpen game in game 4.

I think the Nats staff is a little overrated! Pitching in the NL is NOTHING like pitching in the AL, just look at Sanchez's numbers before he went to Atl last year.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Thread direction...PAUSE

Who was the hot slutty-looking chick in Cashman's suite? Did you notice Buck and Smoltz said nothing and FOX never went back there?

I have no shame in s.l.u.t.-shaming.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom