Yanks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Yanks

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
great season, great team, great future, disappointing finish. l.o.b? lol! the yankees are loaded with talent. thank you C.C. hopefully, the dr. kildare show will be cancelled next season.

Reaction Score
Those Yankees are a gritty little bunch. That comeback before they lost showed a lot of moxie.

Reaction Score
Cole is going home, probably to the Angels and maybe the Dodgers. He has no interest in NY. Most baseball people believe that Boras will use Strasburg's opt out as leverage to get an extension with the Nats on the back end of his current deal. Wheeler, Bumgartner, etc is the exact signing the Yankees make repeatedly that doesn't work. Not sure where Cashman turns to. As a Yankee fan, my fear is that they will say that SP didn't lose us the series w Houston, which is true. Is a healthy Sevy, Montgomery, and Devi Garcia enough to get us over the hump? I don't think so. Going to be an interesting off season to say the least. Have we seen the last of Didi and Chapman? My guess is yes on both fronts.

Cole will go where the most money is, that's what Boras does. Cole grew up a Yankee fan, got drafted by them out of high school (but stayed with his UCLA commitment) - if the Yanks offer him the most money, that's where he'll go. If it's the Angels, that's where he'll go, etc...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think it is the third highest payroll. And they went further than the second highest and much further than the highest payroll.
I think they deserve a banner for that impressive accomplishment.

Reaction Score
Cole will go where the most money is, that's what Boras does. Cole grew up a Yankee fan, got drafted by them out of high school (but stayed with his UCLA commitment) - if the Yanks offer him the most money, that's where he'll go. If it's the Angels, that's where he'll go, etc...

If there's a chance he needs to dig deep that's one of the key answers right there, to be able to win a WS again. With what they have they'll continue to be a contender only. Need a stud pitcher, a healthier bullpen and a couple .300 hitters with or without power. Sick of these crappy .230 hitters who are overmatched every AB vs the Verlanders and Coles.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You sound bitter. Is it because your team didn't even make the playoffs? Probably. The best thing for the Yanks is relevancy. The Yanks not only will be very good for the next decade, the Mets are an organizational disaster and the Red Sox seem content in slipping further into oblivion. Advantage, Yankees.
Two rings in the last 5 seasons seems pretty relevant to me. I remember when Yankee fans used to woof about rings. Now they woof about finishing ahead of teams with higher payrolls.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The count down begins where primarily intelligent analysis becomes overwhelming Sox and Yanks fans talking smack with one another.

This underscores the second most important point of the game. I hope UConn develops at least a modicum of a rivalry when it joins the BE.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Nats/'stros will be a great Series.

I just hope the media doesn't focus on the departed Bryce Harper too much.

Reaction Score
Cole will go where the most money is, that's what Boras does.
In general that is true. But Boras does listen to his clients. When Jason Varitek told Boras he wanted to stay with the Red Sox he took less than the market to stay there (at least that is what we were told although we don't know if the market was offering more than 4 years and $40 million). When Xander Boegarts wanted to stay with the Red Sox he signed a team friendly deal (6 years and $120 million) a year ahead of free agency.

Reaction Score
If there's a chance he needs to dig deep that's one of the key answers right there, to be able to win a WS again. With what they have they'll continue to be a contender only. Need a stud pitcher, a healthier bullpen and a couple .300 hitters with or without power. Sick of these crappy .230 hitters who are overmatched every AB vs the Verlanders and Coles.
Yep, Yanks are obviously a lot closer to a WS than the Angels. Even if they got Cole, they have Cole, Trout, Ohtani and not much else...

Reaction Score
That series was about as close as it gets. Stros are the better team but game 2 decided it, Yankees win that game (had a million chances) and they have a fairly good chance of winning the series.

Yankees and Stros were ICE cold because the pitching was excellent.

Houston's barreled ball rate and BABIP suggest that they were just unlucky, it happens. I expect them to break out against a very good Nats staff.

Reaction Score
Yeah thats the only reason. Typical Sox fan. He nice follow up to the WS championship! :rolleyes: Season was over in July!
Would a Yankees fan trade their last 2 seasons (2 very good years but not winning the World Series) for the Red Sox last 2 seasons (one great season and a World Series and one mediocre season and missing the playoffs)?

It's the same argument I see on here about our Huskies this decade. 2 National Championships and a few crappy seasons is better than more very good seasons and no championships. That seems to be the consensus around here.

Reaction Score
Yeah thats the only reason. Typical Sox fan. He nice follow up to the WS championship! :rolleyes: Season was over in July!

Don't get pissy with me because the Sox have won 4x the WS over the past 15 years!

Reaction Score
It's weird how much Yankees will always be in the Red Sox heads despite the Red Sox winning several World Series now. I care about the Yankees success and have no problem congratulating the Red Sox on their success. The dynamic is similar to the UConn Syracuse dynamic. This thread is about the Yankees, yet Sox fans made it about the Red Sox.

Reaction Score
Don't get pissy with me because the Sox have won 4x the WS over the past 15 years!

Again baseball didn't start in 2004 pal, maybe for you. But they have had a nice run no doubt. But this year was embarrassing whether you admit it or not.

Pissy, I'll do whatI want if you don't like it please ignore me no worries here.

Reaction Score
Nats/'stros will be a great Series.

I just hope the media doesn't focus on the departed Bryce Harper too much.
At -235, the Astros are the largest favorites entering the World Series since the 2007 Boston Red Sox were -240 to beat the Colorado Rockies, according to Sportsoddshistory.com.

And we know what happened in 2007. 4 game sweep.

Reaction Score
It's weird how much Yankees will always be in the Red Sox heads despite the Red Sox winning several World Series now. I care about the Yankees success and have no problem congratulating the Red Sox on their success. The dynamic is similar to the UConn Syracuse dynamic. This thread is about the Yankees, yet Sox fans made it about the Red Sox.

Always sj, they are like Cuse fans yet don't see it that way. It started around 2004 much like it did for Cuse fans when we were taking the Big East over right under their noses. I congratulated most every Sox fan here last year but the aren't as classy. Some are but the ones like soxfan23 are just annoying as hell.(There's plenty of Yanks fans too) Hey they've had a nice 15 years but they also let you know it even when it's about the Yankees. I mean I wouldn't have even watched much of the Yanks series if I was a Sox fan since my season ended early summer.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Eh, then you are unusual. It's historically been one of the most heated rivalries in sports for a reason.

And if you don't think every Syracuse failure isn't celebrated around here, and success met with disgust, you haven't been paying attention. Just go look at recruiting threads for recent examples.

Reaction Score
At -235, the Astros are the largest favorites entering the World Series since the 2007 Boston Red Sox were -240 to beat the Colorado Rockies, according to Sportsoddshistory.com.

And we know what happened in 2007. 4 game sweep.

But the Rockies sucked ;) I think the Nats do a nice job matching their 1 & 2 starters think it may be a good series.

Reaction Score
Eh, then you are unusual. It's historically been one of the most heated rivalries in sports for a reason.

And if you don't think every Syracuse failure isn't celebrated around here (and success met with disgust), you haven't been paying attention. Just go look at recruiting threads for recent examples.
My point is no matter what The Red Sox or Cuse accomplish they will be focused just as much on the Yankees and UConn as they are on their own successes. It's why there are as many threads on the Cuse board talking about UConn as there are about rheir own basketball team, it's why when Yankees threads pop up here Red Sox fans make the threads about the Red Sox.

Reaction Score
This series was never going to be close, NY was built to win for 162, while Houston is about as perfect a playoff roster as you will ever see! The ONLY reason this went to game 6 is because the Astros got ICE cold as a team at the wrong time. That will change in the WS though, and they win the Fall Classic in 5!

Yankees lost two games in a six game series in walk-offs. That is about as close a series as you can get. Teams were about even. Astros better fundamentally and of course have better starting pitching. If Ottavino didn’t suck, wonder where the series would be.

I think Yankees have to get Gerrit Cole. They’ve wanted him for almost a decade and tried to trade for him many times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom