Yankees thoughts | The Boneyard

Yankees thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
we have given up 8 runs tonight. ALL 8 have come with 2 outs in the inning. Yes, 2 outs, 8 runs. And, oh, our bullpen is AWFUL

Reaction Score
Archer has stymied them all the time so tonight was expected…….but the Nova enigma continues………yikes!!!:eek:

Reaction Score
Nova has a partially torn UCL. Makes a bad game much worse. Will learn Monday if he needs Tommy John surgery.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ESPNNYYankees wallace matthews
On the bright side, Dean Anna says his arm feels good today

Thought you guys rubbed it in yesterday going for 2 after every TD and getting it!! Now we're going to throw another one in Nuno…..can we get to Boston already?

Reaction Score
ESPNNYYankees wallace matthews
On the bright side, Dean Anna says his arm feels good today

Unfortunately for TB, you don't get extra points for winning by a lot vs. a little. After all the fireworks, NYY is in first place and TB has a losing record.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately for TB, you don't get extra points for winning by a lot vs. a little. After all the fireworks, NYY is in first place and TB has a losing record.

That's great maybe the Yanks will make the playoffs this year!!!

Reaction Score
That's great maybe the Yanks will make the playoffs this year!!!

Dude 2-2 in the series and you scored 100 runs…once again your guys suck and have NEVER won anything!!

But if you're happy Im happy…..hahaha

Reaction Score
Dude 2-2 in the series and you scored 100 runs…once again your guys suck and have NEVER won anything!!

But if you're happy Im happy…..hahaha

lol struck a nerve. You guys don't fly AL pennants in that shopping mall formally known as Yankees Stadium?

Reaction Score
lol struck a nerve. You guys don't fly AL pennants in that shopping mall formally known as Yankees Stadium?

Next time you guys have a banner for anything but souvenirs let me know sink……….;)

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Yanks are doing just fine. We need Tex to stay in the line up. I'm good with Nuno in the 5 slot.

Reaction Score
Next time you guys have a banner for anything but souvenirs let me know sink……….;)

I know the Yanks won the 4/20 crown but it sounds like you guys are still high.

90 plus wins in 5/6 years an AL pennant, a couple AL east titles. They haven't won the big one yet but to say they
"have NEVER won anything!!" is dopey.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Maddon is experiencing something has hasn't experienced in who knows how long...hurt starters.

Hell Boy
Moore and
Cobb :eek:

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I know the Yanks won the 4/20 crown but it sounds like you guys are still high.

90 plus wins in 5/6 years an AL pennant, a couple AL east titles. They haven't won the big one yet but to say they
"have NEVER won anything!!" is dopey.

Rays are a great franchise. Gotta give it up for a team that achieves like that with their payroll. Goes for the A's too. This from a die-hard Yankee fan.

You should realize that your best years are the type that managers get fired for in the Bronx. So for many Yankee fans, making the playoffs = haven't won anything.

Reaction Score
Can the Yankees win despite Girard's managing? Does Joe Maddon have a son?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Can the Yankees win despite Girard's managing? Does Joe Maddon have a son?

Obviously, yes! They already have. Girardi was masterful last year.

Reaction Score
Obviously, yes! They already have. Girardi was masterful last year.

The Yanks were tied for the 14th best team in baseball at 85-77 , they were the tied for third in the AL east and were minus 21 for run scored on the season. I don't think I would use Masterful to describe the season.

The closest thing to Maddon's son is Dave Martinez who is a bench coach and handles Tampa's defense. He and Maddon were 6 years in front of the shifting from batter to batter that virtually every team employees today. He was a finalist for the Sox a couple years ago. He will make a great manager.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
The Yanks were tied for the 14th best team in baseball at 85-77 , they were the tied for third in the AL east and were minus 21 for run scored on the season. I don't think I would use Masterful to describe the season.

The closest thing to Maddon's son is Dave Martinez who is a bench coach and handles Tampa's defense. He and Maddon were 6 years in front of the shifting from batter to batter that virtually every team employees today. He was a finalist for the Sox a couple years ago. He will make a great manager.

Did you watch last season? Read about the Yankees injuries?

They had 6 players who were able to play in more than 100 games.

Cano, Gardner, Ichiro, Overbay, Wells and Stewart. Friggin Lyle Overbay and Vernon Wells.

They were missing their starting 1st baseman, SS, 3rd baseman.

Sabathia was horrible the entire season, Kuroda was horrible the second half. Come on, Phil Hughes had 29 starts.

It was incredible that they won 85.

Girardi is an excellent manager.

Reaction Score
I could care less about the Yankee injuries. What do you want a hug? Didn't the great Bill Parcells say "you are what your record says you are." What do you want an asterick? 85-77*.....* lots of injuries and the fat pitcher we gave a ton of money to sucked. Cashman put together a 200 million dollar plus, cheating, old team with lack of versatility and they broke down.

This is great, Yankee fans are doing cartwheels over a 10-8 start and celebrating a "masterful, incredible and excellent" 85 -77" tied for 3rd place season. How the mighty have fallen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom