Yankees thoughts | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Yankees thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To be honest, I do find an unhealthy portion of them to be whiny and defensive.
Funny, this is exactly what NY fans have become since Boston has won 3 rings over the last 10 years.

Reaction Score
Funny, this is exactly what NY fans have become since Boston has won 3 rings over the last 10 years.

You still have such a long way to go Viking don't you? We aren't "becoming" anything pal….you are still trying to be us!

But hey I'm happy you're a UConn mens; fan but I do realize it's just a matter of time before that wears off and you become a dope again…..all good!

Reaction Score
Both teams have a long ways to go……..Yanks win a couple then give up a couple TD's a game…….with Nova out and the people they're bringing up to take his spot it's going to be a long season!

Reaction Score
Shaky up and down start for NY.

Ugly start for Boston.

But it's early...

Reaction Score
I would rather lose 14-1 then lose the way the Rays did last night.

Reaction Score
Both teams have a long ways to go……..Yanks win a couple then give up a couple TD's a game…….with Nova out and the people they're bringing up to take his spot it's going to be a long season!
I agree with that. Before last night's Toronto game I was trying to come up with something positive to say about the Sox and couldn't. Their pitching, hitting and fielding have been pretty bad. Some of it has to do with losing Ellsbury but not that much. I would say, however, that despite their record they have a solid team and should get better. The Yankees who have whipped the Sox so far this year have a lot of holes. Sabathia and Kuroda could be mediocre by mid-season. Tanaka looks like the real deal but Pineda's problems may be north of his neck. In looking over the Yankee prospects, the top ones are all position players. I think pitching may be the problem this season for you while hitting and fielding could be our biggest problems.

I must admit that I am worried that the Sox were unable to sign a deal with Lester. I sure would hate to see him pitching for you next year.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Here's a hint to NY fans. If a player left your team for our team while they were in their prime, your fanbase would lustily boo them upon their return.
Hell you guys dump beer on Cliff Lee's wife just because he's pitching for Texas against you in the playoffs. Lets not act like there's a lot of class and mental clarity in the Bronx.

Almost happened and I didn't feel that way. Center fielder, a little under-appreciated, team was soft on resigning him (sound familiar?). Fortunately, Bernie called George Steinbrenner and Bernie never became a Red Sox. But I would have never hated Bernie. I would have blamed Cashman.
When Cashman told Jeter to look elsewhere, slighting the guy the Yankees owed so much too. it also got resolved. But if it didn't, I would not have blamed Jeter.

Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99