OT: - Yankees Rest | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Yankees Rest

Reaction Score
So you don’t want to trade him, don’t want to play him because of injury risk, so what is he doing? You like him as bench candy?
Who says I don’t want to trade him? I said no one is dumb enough to take on his contract. The training staff obviously has some sort of schedule worked out for him. Might work, might not, but I’m damn sure that they’re way more qualified to make that call than you are.

Reaction Score
You have it figured out, man. Next Theo Epstein right here on the boneyard.
I’m glad you’re happy with the Yankees crapping out in the ALDS every single year

Reaction Score
I’m glad you’re happy with the Yankees crapping out in the ALDS every single year
Yup, that’s exactly what I said. If only they listened to you and played Stanton today, they’d be celebrating #28 this fall.

Reaction Score
Red Sox are the worst team in all of baseball. Who cares about the Yankees.
the Mets championship run begins tomorrow night.

Reaction Score
Yup, that’s exactly what I said. If only they listened to you and played Stanton today, they’d be celebrating #28 this fall.
Don’t criticize any athlete or coach because their all better then you.

Reaction Score
Don’t criticize any athlete or coach because their all better then you.
I’m not sure you followed along, but great job participating! ⭐️

Reaction Score
It's completely relevant. One is resting after swinging a bat 4 times while making $30M a year and the other played 5 games in 5 days and likely would have played 20 games in 20 days if his team needed him to.
If he's taking rest days down the stretch of a tight pennant race or in the actual playoffs, maybe there's a way this analogy makes sense.

But, of course, an April day in baseball where they play 162 games is nothing like a single elimination tournament in March. Come on.

Reaction Score
Yeah Stanton had 9 plate appearances over the last 4 days. Three of those PAs consisted of him walking to the plate then walking back to the dugout after a K. So, 6 plate appearances where he had to do something other than walk back and forth. Definitely a bridge too far for him and fans expectations are through the roof for anything more than that.

Reaction Score
If he's taking rest days down the stretch of a tight pennant race or in the actual playoffs, maybe there's a way this analogy makes sense.

But, of course, an April day in baseball where they play 162 games is nothing like a single elimination tournament in March. Come on.
Every year the division race and homefield advantage comes down to 1 or 2 games. A loss in April is the same as a loss in September. Treating every game like a must win is how you win a championship

Reaction Score
Every year the division race and homefield advantage comes down to 1 or 2 games. A loss in April is the same as a loss in September. Treating every game like a must win is how you win a championship
No. You win championships by having the best team and being healthy at the end of the year. Or getting really hot at the end. A loss in April is technically the same as a loss in September, but there are a whole host of differences, including having better knowledge of your team, other teams, playoff positioning, etc. There's not a team out there that plays April as if it were September.

Reaction Score
As a matter of fact Stanton did sit out a playoff game in game 6 of the 2019 ALCS against the Astros, the reason because it was cold lol. Yankee training staff hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt nor have the front office nerds, who btw inserted JA Happ after 2 innings in last years ALDSS lmao but how dare you have the gall to question them.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Stanton is under contract for 7 more years at about 30 mil per and can't DH three games in a row.

Talk about a horrible contract.
It's all perspective...his agent and Giancarlo think it's a great contract.

Seriously...he seems like a good guy...and when healthy he can hit the crap out of the ball.... sometimes. But...he has been a burden to Cashman's goal to avoid luxury tax. If they didn't have Stanton, they could have Harper..who can actually play a position.

In general...I have agreed with most of Cashman's moves...but the Stanton trade is still a mystery. His contract has really limited Cashman's flexibility.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
No. You win championships by having the best team and being healthy at the end of the year. Or getting really hot at the end. A loss in April is technically the same as a loss in September, but there are a whole host of differences, including having better knowledge of your team, other teams, playoff positioning, etc. There's not a team out there that plays April as if it were September.
Yeah, having knowledge of your team and the playoff positioning is great. But know what is better? Having knowledge of your team and playoff position with a 15 game lead in September because you won in April.

But I wouldn’t expect you to understand the importance of winning in the postseason, since apparently you think the Big 10 is great regardless of how bad they got exposed (can you see through all that egg on your face?).

Reaction Score
Yeah, having knowledge of your team and the playoff positioning is great. But know what is better? Having knowledge of your team and playoff position with a 15 game lead in September because you won in April.

But I wouldn’t expect you to understand the importance of winning in the postseason, since apparently you think the Big 10 is great regardless of how bad they got exposed (can you see through all that egg on your face?).
I take it you think the PAC was the best conference this year?

Also, are you that dumb that you thought my act with you was because I thought the B1G was that great? You still don't realize it was for the mojo?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I take it you think the PAC was the best conference this year?

Also, are you that dumb that you thought my act with you was because I thought the B1G was that great? You still don't realize it was for the mojo?
Lmao wow. You sure used a lot of “stats” to try to prove me wrong if it was just about the “mojo”.

Reaction Score
Lmao wow. You sure used a lot of “stats” to try to prove me wrong if it was just about the “mojo”.
I like how you put stats in scare quotes.

It was fun. I like debate, even when I don't really believe what I'm arguing. I thought it was clear—it was clear to most. You can see by the way people were responding to you.

I think the Big Ten was a very good conference this year. I don't think they were as good as the pundits were saying. I don't think that NCAA tournament performances are necessarily indicative of the strength of a conference, and that should be obvious. It's pretty obvious the best team doesn't win every single individual game.

I think the SEC was a good conference this year, and they also had only 1 Elite Eight team.

Anyway, given you clearly weren't in on the joke—and still aren't—I'm going to let this one go. You took something far too seriously.

Reaction Score
Great situational hitting by Stanton: runners on 2nd & 3rd and the Rays overshoot leaving the right side wide open. Stanton just places the ball on the right side with a grounder that brings in two runs. Good for him.

Reaction Score
Judge hurt again and Urshela pulled out of the lineup, and oh yeah getting our poop pushed in by TB again.

Reaction Score
Speaking of rest. Yankees had the brilliant idea of playing Jay Bruce over DJ in a rubber game against the Jays, because playing 5 days in a row is too much lol, there is an off day tomorrow btw, not to mention Stanton wasnt in the lineup. You wanna put Sanchez in the lineup at DH ok fine, I get you wanna give DJ a day off fine, later in the game you couldve PH DJ in the 7th, your telling me he can't play 1B for a couple of innings, followed by an off day tomorrow its a joke. Of course the Yankees are a joke themselves.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Speaking of rest. Yankees had the brilliant idea of playing Jay Bruce over DJ in a rubber game against the Jays, because playing 5 days in a row is too much lol, there is an off day tomorrow btw, not to mention Stanton wasnt in the lineup. You wanna put Sanchez in the lineup at DH ok fine, I get you wanna give DJ a day off fine, later in the game you couldve PH DJ in the 7th, your telling me he can't play 1B for a couple of innings, followed by an off day tomorrow its a joke. Of course the Yankees are a joke themselves.
Aaron Boone is the ultimate micro manager. It’s not paying off now, and it certainly isn’t paying off in October (if we get there).

This team has major flaws that the front office has refused to correct for the past 3-4 years.

Reaction Score
Aaron Boone is the ultimate micro manager. It’s not paying off now, and it certainly isn’t paying off in October (if we get there).

This team has major flaws that the front office has refused to correct for the past 3-4 years.

Yep teams see this they see how the Rays have kicked our ass. Redsox are up 7-1 about to win their 9th in a row. You can get away with micro management when your winning, and would get the benefit of the doub getting off to a slow start if you have accomplished something as a manager i.e. (Torre, Girardi). I can't even blame Boone this is on Cashman and the Steinbrenners.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Yep teams see this they see how the Rays have kicked our ass. Redsox are up 7-1 about to win their 9th in a row. You can get away with micro management when your winning, and would get the benefit of the doub getting off to a slow start if you have accomplished something as a manager i.e. (Torre, Girardi). I can't even blame Boone this is on Cashman and the Steinbrenners.
Just get me a guy who hits around .300 and swipes 30 bags a year!! Is it that hard!?

Reaction Score

The analytics of Boone and Cashman need to go away. This team is a dreadful hitting team, hard to watch. 5 hits a game seems to be their average and it's getting old fast this year. Even when they "hit" they can't win a series that means anything because they all make their livings off of team 4-5 pitchers in the rotation. This is a bad team in many ways and the managers have a lot to do with it. I'm in an area that doesn't get the Yanks on TV unless they are on MLB network or ESPN, or playing the Sox. Have to admit that's a good thing because even when they are on it's like needles in my eyes. Long year ahead for our baseball team, painful one as a fan I'm arfraid. Good news is this one HAS to be followed with management changes that are necessary.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom