OT: - Yankees Rest | The Boneyard

OT: Yankees Rest

Reaction Score
Resting Stanton on game 3 after DH’ing the first 2 games...Do the front office nerds think they’re playing football or something? I mean come on. Getting paid $30M a year to literally sit on the bench and swing a bat 4 times a game and he needs “rest”.

Never seen a team of softer players than this. He’ll probably still pull a muscle getting off the toilet after he takes a leak

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Look at the world champs - Mookie sat out yesterday, Bellinger today. It’s not uncommon, particularly on a Sunday. It’s a marathon, not a sprint.

Reaction Score
1617554785231.png

Reaction Score
Nothing compares to Michael Jordan taking 1.5 seasons off for rest. What a softy!

Reaction Score
I was a huge MLB fan and baseball was my main sport as a player. I can't stand MLB now. The stupid rule changes were the final straw.

Reaction Score
Resting Stanton on game 3 after DH’ing the first 2 games...Do the front office nerds think they’re playing football or something? I mean come on. Getting paid $30M a year to literally sit on the bench and swing a bat 4 times a game and he needs “rest”.

Never seen a team of softer players than this. He’ll probably still pull a muscle getting off the toilet after he takes a leak

I saw this they just wanna put Gardner in the lineup while saying we’re not taking playing time away from Frazier. You already have Tauchman on the team who is better. Guess you don’t want Stanton to get hurt having Dhing 2 out of 3 days ?.

Reaction Score
OK Boomer
Baseball has a long season, yes, but there is literally zero tiring aspects of the game. 80yr olds can play 18 holes of golf everyday without getting hurt, but a 28 year old professional athlete can’t swing a bat multiple days in a row? Come on now

Reaction Score
Baseball has a long season, yes, but there is literally zero tiring aspects of the game. 80yr olds can play 18 holes of golf everyday without getting hurt, but a 28 year old professional athlete can’t swing a bat multiple days in a row? Come on now

Lou Gehrig is rolling in his grave at the thought of players needing a day off after playing a game after an off day at DH no less.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
He ain't in Miami anymore.

By the way, what does he earn today in $$$?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It isnt just baseball. People like Larry bird never took a game off and averaged 40 minutes per game. Now basketball players get days off regularly. Does it help performance? Or longevity? I dont know. But I sure won't stop watching sports because of it or waste time complaining about it.

Reaction Score
It isnt just baseball. People like Larry bird never took a game off and averaged 40 minutes per game. Now basketball players get days off regularly. Does it help performance? Or longevity? I dont know. But I sure won't stop watching sports because of it or waste time complaining about it.
Tell me again how many years Larry played?

Reaction Score
Yankees players aren’t built like Jeter anymore I do think DJ is though.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Look at the world champs - Mookie sat out yesterday, Bellinger today. It’s not uncommon, particularly on a Sunday. It’s a marathon, not a sprint.
They play on defense. Stanton is a DH.

Plus...it's a matter of time before Stanton is on the DL. Gotta get him ABs when you can.

Reaction Score
I think the players need to start taking steroids again to toughen up. Joking, joking....

Reaction Score
Tell me again how many years Larry played?
13 years of a much more physically demanding sport. If The Boss were still around he would have fired the entire FO for even entertaining the idea of resting their $300M MVP 'DH'

Reaction Score
13 years of a much more physically demanding sport. If The Boss were still around he would have fired the entire FO for even entertaining the idea of resting their $300M MVP 'DH'
How much longer could Bird's career have been if he rested some? From 1980-1988 he was unbelievable. Then, suddenly, he was nearly done and constantly in pain.

Reaction Score
How much longer could Bird's career have been if he rested some? From 1980-1988 he was unbelievable. Then, suddenly, he was nearly done and constantly in pain.
Do you really think ~7 rest games a year would have extended his career by any meaningful amount? Outside of freaks like Lebron, most guys are breaking down by the time they hit 33-35years old. Rest days in someones prime is not going to extend it by years lol

Reaction Score
bAcK iN mY dAy ThEy PlAyEd ThE gAmE tHe RiGhT wAy!

Go watch your VHS tapes, grandpas. Sports aren’t for you anymore.

Reaction Score
Do you really think ~7 rest games a year would have extended his career by any meaningful amount? Outside of freaks like Lebron, most guys are breaking down by the time they hit 33-35years old. Rest days in someones prime is not going to extend it by years lol
I think it might have. Stars are playing longer for a variety of reasons, including better health.

But, yeah, wear and tear will get you too. His last four years were full of pain. He was too intense a competitor to let you rest him, but I suspect you may have helped him avoid injury and prolong his career—or at least make those last four years more productive.

Reaction Score
bAcK iN mY dAy ThEy PlAyEd ThE gAmE tHe RiGhT wAy!

Go watch your VHS tapes, grandpas. Sports aren’t for you anymore.

Meanwhile Tom Brady keeps winning championships while qbs like Jimmy G are made of glass his career might end before Bradys.

Reaction Score
I think it might have. Stars are playing longer for a variety of reasons, including better health.

But, yeah, wear and tear will get you too. His last four years were full of pain. He was too intense a competitor to let you rest him, but I suspect you may have helped him avoid injury and prolong his career—or at least make those last four years more productive.
Well that's where my frustration comes in. I want my team to be full of guys that are too competitive to take rest days every 5 games, especially when you are being paid $30M a year to play a non contact sport like baseball. Old yankees teams were so much more fun because they weren't full of injury prone, coddled softies

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom