OT: - Yankees Rest | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Yankees Rest

Reaction Score
Well that's where my frustration comes in. I want my team to be full of guys that are too competitive to take rest days every 5 games, especially when you are being paid $30M a year to play a non contact sport like baseball. Old yankees teams were so much more fun because they weren't full of injury prone, coddled softies
Sure, but it's also the case that if you have great players and you keep them healthy your team is better longer. I'd rather win and keep my guys healthy than have them injure themselves and have another disappointing season.

Reaction Score
Sure, but it's also the case that if you have great players and you keep them healthy your team is better longer. I'd rather win and keep my guys healthy than have them injure themselves and have another disappointing season.
Jack Curry on YES today was even saying that the rest days for this team are awful. So you're going into the season saying that your star players will only be available for 80% of games.. And then when they inevitably get injured and miss a month, that means they'll end up playing 60% of games. How does that make the team competitive? If they are healthy, they have to play every single day

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
bAcK iN mY dAy ThEy PlAyEd ThE gAmE tHe RiGhT wAy!

Go watch your VHS tapes, grandpas. Sports aren’t for you anymore.
It’s hard to believe someone is defending these laughable rest days. I didn’t think anyone was that stupid.

Reaction Score
It’s hard to believe someone is defending these laughable rest days. I didn’t think anyone was that stupid.
I know, right? These idiot teams with their quack doctors and training staffs should all be canned. They clearly know nothing regarding the health of the guys that they’re paying millions of dollars to. They should just listen to a message board poster named @CTBasketball and all of their problems would be solved.

Starting pitchers used to all finish their own games too. What idiot decided that was no longer a good idea? Let’s tackle that problem next.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
I know, right? These idiot teams with their quack doctors and training staffs should all be canned. They clearly know nothing regarding the health of the guys that they’re paying millions of dollars to. They should just listen to a message board poster named @CTBasketball and all of their problems would be solved.

Starting pitchers used to all finish their own games too. What idiot decided that was no longer a good idea? Let’s tackle that problem next.
They use to finish complete games regularly in like 1930. Pick a better comparison.

If you know a guy is soft and is injury prone, don’t pay him as much. You’re literally wasting money by sitting him. The NBA doesn’t try as it is, so taking days off there is a joke. Baseball days off are even more of a joke, especially in this case if Stanton is being sat after DHing.

Reaction Score

I remember when Kemba took a rest day in game 4 of the Big East Tournament. O wait

Reaction Score
They use to finish complete games regularly in like 1930. Pick a better comparison.

If you know a guy is soft and is injury prone, don’t pay him as much. You’re literally wasting money by sitting him. The NBA doesn’t try as it is, so taking days off there is a joke. Baseball days off are even more of a joke, especially in this case if Stanton is being sat after DHing.
Kyrie plays 30 minutes and then demands a week off because he wants to go on a flat earth mission lmfao. Idk how anyone can take the NBA seriously anymore. Bunch of divas

Reaction Score

It’s actually a great comparison, but I wouldn’t expect someone as dim as you to understand it.

Stanton has already been paid, what do you want them to do, go back in time and not give him the contract? Too late. Maybe they’re trying to figure out a way to keep him on the field. Novel idea, I know. Sorry he’s not “man” enough for a big tough guy like you. I think ESPN classic is showing Gibson’s WS home run tonight in case you need something macho to beat off to.

Reaction Score
Jeter separated his shoulder and was back within a month. Imagine if that happened to Stanton. Rumor has it Jeter played with a torn ligament in this thumb that year. Had to fracture his ankle at 38 to be taken off the field.

Reaction Score
I remember when Kemba took a rest day in game 4 of the Big East Tournament. O wait
Explain how that’s even remotely relevant. Because a 20 year old played 5 games in 5 days, an injury prone baseball player should always be in the lineup. What a weird comment.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
It’s actually a great comparison, but I wouldn’t expect someone as dim as you to understand it.

Stanton has already been paid, what do you want them to do, go back in time and not give him the contract? Too late. Maybe they’re trying to figure out a way to keep him on the field. Novel idea, I know. Sorry he’s not “man” enough for a big tough guy like you. I think ESPN classic is showing Gibson’s WS home run tonight in case you need something macho to beat off to.
Keep him on the field? He doesn’t even see the field. He gets 3 ABs four times a week.

Reaction Score
Explain how that’s even remotely relevant. Because a 20 year old played 5 games in 5 days, an injury prone baseball player should always be in the lineup. What a weird comment.
It's completely relevant. One is resting after swinging a bat 4 times while making $30M a year and the other played 5 games in 5 days and likely would have played 20 games in 20 days if his team needed him to.

Reaction Score
I understand managing pitchers and playing time for the long run but you can’t have a 31 year old DH in an early season rubber game against a division opponent. When you have choked in the playoffs you don’t get the benefit of the doubt btw.

Reaction Score
Keep him on the field? He doesn’t even see the field. He gets 3 ABs four times a week.
So what’s the alternative given he’s already been paid? Try and get what you can out of him or run him out there every day in early April so he can miss another 4 months?

Reaction Score
It's completely relevant. One is resting after swinging a bat 4 times while making $30M a year and the other played 5 games in 5 days and likely would have played 20 games in 20 days if his team needed him to.
Was Kemba as injury prone as Stanton? I can’t remember.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
So what’s the alternative given he’s already been paid? Try and get what you can out of him or run him out there every day in early April so he can miss another 4 months?
Find someone to eat his contract and trade him.

Reaction Score
I understand managing pitchers and playing time for the long run but you can’t have a 31 year old DH in an early season rubber game against a division opponent. When you have choked in the playoffs you don’t get the benefit of the doubt btw.
But they do have a 31 year old DH who misses large swaths of seasons basically every year. So either get rid of him, or do what you can to make the best of it.

Reaction Score
Was Kemba as injury prone as Stanton? I can’t remember.
Injury prone or not, if you are healthy now, you play. He’s going to get hurt one way or another, at least get your damn moneys worth

Reaction Score
Injury prone or not, if you are healthy now, you play. He’s going to get hurt one way or another, at least get your damn moneys worth
Yup, forget even trying to keep him healthy because it probably won’t work anyways so might as well run him out there on April 4th because you’re paying him anyways. Shocking that you haven’t been recruited for a front office gig.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I think he will miss months anyway....have him in the lineup when you can. At least don't sit him after he played two games in three days to start the season.

Reaction Score
Yup, forget even trying to keep him healthy because it probably won’t work anyways so might as well run him out there on April 4th because you’re paying him anyways. Shocking that you haven’t been recruited for a front office gig.
The same front office that sat Stanton also insists on batting career .235 hitter Aaron Hicks 3rd LMAO. And don’t give me that BS about OBP. Walks dont drive in guys from 2nd base. Hits do.

Reaction Score
The same front office that sat Stanton also insists on batting career .235 hitter Aaron Hicks 3rd LMAO. And don’t give me that BS about OBP. Walks dont drive in guys from 2nd base. Hits do.
You have it figured out, man. Next Theo Epstein right here on the boneyard.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
LMAO yeah, tons of suitors willing to do that. This isn’t a video game.
So you don’t want to trade him, don’t want to play him because of injury risk, so what is he doing? You like him as bench candy?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom