Yankees or Sox? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Yankees or Sox?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Dalbec showed he might stick at 1B, but Casas may be up next season as well.
I've been thinking about this situation. Dalbec looks like a keeper. Casas can start in Triple A, but if the way he finished there is any indication, you can't keep him there for long. If JD comes back and they keep Schwarber, there's a big logjam at the 1B/DH position. Could they platoon Dalbec & Casas?
Yorke, once he got going, had a phenomenal year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I've been thinking about this situation. Dalbec looks like a keeper. Casas can start in Triple A, but if the way he finished there is any indication, you can't keep him there for long. If JD comes back and they keep Schwarber, there's a big logjam at the 1B/DH position. Could they platoon Dalbec & Casas?
Yorke, once he got going, had a phenomenal year.

They can't bring back JD and Schwarber. I think you can platoon Casas and Dalbec, with Dalbec also a capable backup 3B. In fact, I think they will do that. They need to resign Renfroe. Verdugo is plugged in in LF. Kike is decent enough in CF that he can play it if Duran doesn't shine. Overall, the roster looks good.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
The bullpen needs to be reworked. That's about it. I think Alex overused them this year in protecting the starters. They are my concern going into the playoffs. In fact, I was worried last night when he took Eovaldi out earlier than I would have liked. Thank goodness they get a little more time off in the playoffs.
Sure would be nice if Barnes went back to being the Barnes we had for most of the season. I'd feel a little better.

Reaction Score
neither team was/is going to beat the Rays. all about nothing
Just like no one out of the East was gonna beat the Warriors right, and that’s the NBA. A lot can happen in MLB playoffs. Better to be in Alds and have a shot then not make it and have no shot.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We both borrowed it from this man:
pedro martinez baseball GIF
... and sleep.

Reaction Score
I think it was worth the gamble that the third base coach sent Judge. Yankees weren’t hitting and needed to roll the dice.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Cashman may be pretty good at player acquisition at trade deadlines. His record for signing FAs is pretty rough. Really rough.

And his biggest legacy, to me, the dried up pipeline from the minor leagues. It keeps glugging marginal players. I still have hope for Luis Severino.

Reaction Score
All pre season all we heard about was how strong the Yanks were. Best lineup in baseball etc. Now they were poorly constructed. LOL. New York fans are the best.

CL82

Reaction Score
All pre season all we heard about was how strong the Yanks were. Best lineup in baseball etc. Now they were poorly constructed. LOL. New York fans are the best.

Tobey Maguire Reaction GIF

Their tears are like a sweet nectar to me.
Their sour grapes is like a fine wine.

Reaction Score
The sting was lessened after 2004 and gone for me after 2007. By 2018, the role reversal was complete. Sox have 4 titles while the Yanks are known as the team that can't get it done.

Lol

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I think it was worth the gamble that the third base coach sent Judge. Yankees weren’t hitting and needed to roll the dice.
When Nevin realized how wrong he was he got so far down the line I thought he was going to slide home before Judge. Or tackle the ump or the catcher. If Judge did stop at third I think it would have been first and third because Stanton thought he hit a homer(again) and wasn't hustling to get the double(again). Stanton was a stud in the second half and I hope to see more of that in the coming years but not hustling in a playoff game, c'mon man.

Reaction Score

We’re the best? Hilarious what about it’s all gravy now from the teams fans full of so many championships. You guys are hilarious. You had a better team all year period. Anyone saying otherwise was dreaming Cashman put together a horrible team and it became worst with every move. A team that can’t string 2 hits in a row together and you add Odor then Gallo. They had 4 guys lucky to be hitting .200 starting last night and Odor and Sanchez were PHers both on the .200 line. This wasn’t rocket science they weren’t very good. Congrats but now you need to beat the Rays or what did it matter?

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
We’re the best? Hilarious what about it’s all gravy now from the teams fans full of so many championships. You guys are hilarious. You had a better team all year period. Anyone saying otherwise was dreaming Cashman put together a horrible team and it became worst with every move. A team that can’t string 2 hits in a row together and you add Odor then Gallo. They had 4 guys lucky to be hitting .200 starting last night and Odor and Sanchez were PHers both on the .200 line. This wasn’t rocket science they weren’t very good. Congrats but now you need to beat the Rays or what did it matter?
Exactly .... even the Mets beat up the Yanks this season. no prize for beating them in a one game series. they'll be fine next year if they add on smartly to a core of Cole, healthier DJ, Severino, Judge, Stanton, Holmes, King, Chapman and Britton. Liked what i saw from Taillon and Cortes. young stars a still a couple of years away. Gallo seems overmatched in NY. Sanchez is tough to watch but don't know if getting rid of him is possible. Hicks is an overpaid dud. maybe Freddie Freeman at 1B? easily a playoff team again and Cashman has a chance to put a WS team together .... or screw it up and another WC loss

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
I know one team that's definitely not beating the Rays.
well, good luck .... i just don't see it. and the yankee dig just doesn't cut it. no real Yankee fan thought they could beat TB, Houston and whomever the NL produces. they were just an average team this year.

Reaction Score
well, good luck .... i just don't see it. and the yankee dig just doesn't cut it. no real Yankee fan thought they could beat TB, Houston and whomever the NL produces. they were just an average team this year.

I think there's a sizeable group that thinks a yankee dig always cuts it?

CL82

Reaction Score
Oh it matters my friend. It matters.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom