Yankees or Sox? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Yankees or Sox?

Reaction Score
Love my Sox!

Sad that there’s no Springer in the playoffs.
If Springer was healthy this year I think the Blue Jays win the World Series. He changes the teams he's on that much but unfortunately he can never stay healthy.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If Springer was healthy this year I think the Blue Jays win the World Series. He changes the teams he's on that much but unfortunately he can never stay healthy.

I initially thought the Rays would be a lock. But looking at their game 1-2 starters, it's the rookies named Shane. That is a risky proposition. I am starting to think Boston can beat them. That would make your current hometown team the favorite in the AL, with the best pitching for sure.

In the NL, I don't see how it isn't the Giants or Dodgers. But man, so many horrible Cardinals teams that scarped into the post-season have won it all. So of course they are again in the Wildcard with an unimpressive team.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
With all the Bucky Dent nonsense pregame, wasn't it ironic that the Yanks were built like the 1978 Sox? Home run or bust. And both teams busted.

Reaction Score
Cora and Boone showed why having a good manager matters.

Red Sox had the same team as last year, but got their manager back and played with fire all year. Looked like a team that believed all night.

Yankees had the best roster in the A.L. and the team underachieved. Tonight their body language in the dugout was putrid.

To relate this back to UConn, the Red Sox are playing for a Dan Hurley and the Yankees are playing for an Edsall.

Yankees need to clean house. Specifically front office & coaches, but some roster changes are due too.
Bit of an oversimplification to say Red Sox had the same team.

Kike Hernandez, Renfroe, Whitlock, Sale back for the stretch run, etc.

But it's also the case that Cora makes a big difference.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Theo thinks he is the Commissioner in Waiting. He is an MLB consultant currently. I think the Yanks job might be enough to lure him back. He's 47 plenty of time to win a few tiles with the Yanks and then become commish.
He’s not going to the yanks. First he was raised in Boston by die hard Sox fans. Two he loves challenges. Winning with the Sox, winning with the Cubs.
NY doesn’t fit that scenario.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
You're probably right but it never hurts to ask.

Reaction Score
Honestly you know who the Yankees need? Dave Dombrowski. Of course he’s employed.
Dombrowski made big moves using the Sox deep farm system to help the Sox win the WS.
He may not be good at developing minor leaguers but he knows when to pull the trigger on prospect packages that take a team to the next level. He’d probably burn out within 5 years but he’d get you a WS or two.
It seems like Cashman feels he has to destroy a GM in deals or else he won’t pull the trigger to make that move to take you over the top.

Reaction Score
Red Sox definitely did not have the same team as last year. Not even close. But yes, Cora matters. The really good news for Boston is that Bloom used several bridge players while we wait for kids. Duran should solve the hole in CF next year. Tanner Houck will be in the rotation. Dalbec showed he might stick at 1B, but Casas may be up next season as well. Jeter Downs is a potential solution for the biggest positional hole on the team, 2B, but Yorke may pass him. Need some bullpen help in free agency, and I'd like to bring Renfroe back.
Renfroe is under team control for two more years.
I’m really curious how they handle Schwarber. He seems to love playing in Boston and being basically a DH / occasional OF I’m thinking he and Bloom may find a middle ground knowing that J.D is only hear for one more year if he doesn’t opt out.

Reaction Score
Both of the guys for ESPN were such embarrassing homers, blatantly rooting for the Yankees. I think they were worse than most local broadcast announcers. ARod is honestly not very good at this.
I switched over to ESPN2 after 5 minutes, which had Jason Benetti, Eduardo Perez and Mike Petriello (statcast stats guy) doing the game. Much more enjoyable than listening to AFraud and Matty root for their Yankees for 3 hours.

Reaction Score
The Red Sox are the Yankees' daddy.
You stole that from Mike Vaccaro of the New York Post. Although I'm sure a lot of people used that last night.

“Well the ghosts have vanished,” wrote New York Post columnist Mike Vaccaro. “All that awful history has evaporated. It is 18 years since the Yankees have beaten the Red Sox in October. Since 2004 it’s Boston 3, Yankees 0. We have officially reached the point that Pedro Martinez’s old chestnut has been reversed.

“The Sox are the Yanks’ daddy,” wrote Vaccaro.

Reaction Score
I switched over to ESPN2 after 5 minutes, which had Jason Benetti, Eduardo Perez and Mike Petriello (statcast stats guy) doing the game. Much more enjoyable than listening to AFraud and Matty root for their Yankees for 3 hours.
I usually have the game on mute and go on youtube live streams.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I swear he used to be good when he first started doing color. I don't know what happened to him but he's almost unlistenable to me now.
Maybe J-Lo stole his mojo?
Shark Tank GIF by ABC Network

"What's that Jen? Ben Affleck? Give me a freaking break!"

Reaction Score
You stole that from Mike Vaccaro of the New York Post. Although I'm sure a lot of people used that last night.

“Well the ghosts have vanished,” wrote New York Post columnist Mike Vaccaro. “All that awful history has evaporated. It is 18 years since the Yankees have beaten the Red Sox in October. Since 2004 it’s Boston 3, Yankees 0. We have officially reached the point that Pedro Martinez’s old chestnut has been reversed.

“The Sox are the Yanks’ daddy,” wrote Vaccaro.

We both borrowed it from this man:
pedro martinez baseball GIF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom