Yankees or Sox? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Yankees or Sox?

Reaction Score
Cashman has delivered 1 division title since 2009. Over $2 BILLION in payroll since 2009 and not a single world series appearance to show for it. He is the #1 problem in the organization. Meanwhile the Red Sox fire their GM's every 3 seasons and are able to rebuild from total crap to world series champions in 1 year.

Cashman, Boone, and Thames need to be gone by noon today. Gallo and Sanchez need to be gone as well. Total losers who make losing plays

Call up Dominguez, Wells, and Volpe. Sign Scherzer, Seager/Correa, and a lefty outfielder. That's how you fix this team

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Yank fans, this is what I want now. Going - Cashman, Boone, Gallo, Odor, Sanchez, Gardner. Not sure if they will be back - LeMahieu, Rizzo. Staying - I'm ok with the rest of the roster but Higgy is still a backup catcher. What the Yanks need - New GM, I'm down for Theo Epstein, new manager, some speed and on base guys at the top of the order, another quality starter, starting catcher. Any thoughts? Btw, did Gallo ever bat cleanup for the Yanks this year?

Reaction Score
Yank fans, this is what I want now. Going - Cashman, Boone, Gallo, Odor, Sanchez, Gardner. Not sure if they will be back - LeMahieu, Rizzo. Staying - I'm ok with the rest of the roster but Higgy is still a backup catcher. What the Yanks need - New GM, I'm down for Theo Epstein, new manager, some speed and on base guys at the top of the order, another quality starter, starting catcher. Any thoughts? Btw, did Gallo ever bat cleanup for the Yanks this year?
Bingo.

Reaction Score
Pretty much right. The only guys that should be locks for next year are Judge, Stanton, DJLM, Cole, Sevy, Chapman (ugh), Holmes, and Loaisaga. Every other position is up for grabs. We should bring back Rizzo but idk if we can afford him. Get rid of Gallo, Sanchez, Odor, Gardner, Voit, Andujar, Frazier. Not sure what you do with Gleyber and Gio. Maybe hope that a new hitting coach can fix them because Thames completely wrecked this team on offense

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Best roster in the AL? Yankees have good pitching but outside of Judge and Stanton the lineup is absolutely putrid. Blue Jays lineup is way better.

I agree Boone should go but the problem is so much deeper. They need a whole overhaul and it needs to start with getting rid of Cashman.
At the beginning of the year, they were favorites to win the AL and we’re considered to have the best lineup on paper (in the AL). Obviously, that was not the case as the season played out.

DJ, Torres, Voit and Sanchez all drastically underperformed “expectations”. Although any yankee fan could seen that coming from that from the last two on that list. What happened with Gleyber going from 38 HR in 2019 to no power at all needs to be examined and someone on the coaching staff needs to explain that and be held accountable for breaking him.

Ironically enough, the best they looked all year was when they had their AAA lineup of Allen, Wade, Velazquez, Davis, etc. for a few weeks this summer. The speed and athleticism brought some fire to the team, and they were actually fun to watch.

At the end of the day, like the past 5 years, it was terrible roster construction for actually playing the game. In a simulator or on paper it is a lineup that was supposed to win 100+ games easily. Having no lefty bats until August was criminal and Cashman and his front office crew should be fired just for that fact alone.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Cashman has delivered 1 division title since 2009. Over $2 BILLION in payroll since 2009 and not a single world series appearance to show for it. He is the #1 problem in the organization. Meanwhile the Red Sox fire their GM's every 3 seasons and are able to rebuild from total crap to world series champions in 1 year.

Cashman, Boone, and Thames need to be gone by noon today. Gallo and Sanchez need to be gone as well. Total losers who make losing plays

Call up Dominguez, Wells, and Volpe. Sign Scherzer, Seager/Correa, and a lefty outfielder. That's how you fix this team
Scherzer will never come to NY. Only team he told the Nats he wouldn’t waive his no trade clause for this year. LA will probably open up their pocketbook to keep him as their payroll hits $300 million, meanwhile Cashman will probably trade Judge for some has been pitcher with 2 tommy John’s on his resume…

Reaction Score
What's Theo up to these days?
He's probably done with being a GM/President. Supposedly the only way he comes back is with a partial ownership stake

Reaction Score
At the beginning of the year, they were favorites to win the AL and we’re considered to have the best lineup on paper (in the AL). Obviously, that was not the case as the season played out.

DJ, Torres, Voit and Sanchez all drastically underperformed “expectations”. Although any yankee fan could seen that coming from that from the last two on that list. What happened with Gleyber going from 38 HR in 2019 to no power at all needs to be examined and someone on the coaching staff needs to explain that and be held accountable for breaking him.

Ironically enough, the best they looked all year was when they had their AAA lineup of Allen, Wade, Velazquez, Davis, etc. for a few weeks this summer. The speed and athleticism brought some fire to the team, and they were actually fun to watch.

At the end of the day, like the past 5 years, it was terrible roster construction for actually playing the game. In a simulator or on paper it is a lineup that was supposed to win 100+ games easily. Having no lefty bats until August was criminal and Cashman and his front office crew should be fired just for that fact alone.
Thames ruined Gleyber the same way he broke Gary and everyone else on the team. We're lucky Judge and Stanton are probably smart enough to ignore everything Thames has ever tried to tell them

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
What's Theo up to these days?
I'm pretty sure Theo thinks he is the Commissioner in Waiting. He is an MLB consultant currently. I think the Yanks job might be enough to lure him back. He's 47 plenty of time to win a few tiles with the Yanks and then become commish.

Reaction Score
Scherzer will never come to NY. Only team he told the Nats he wouldn’t waive his no trade clause for this year. LA will probably open up their pocketbook to keep him as their payroll hits $300 million, meanwhile Cashman will probably trade Judge for some has been pitcher with 2 tommy John’s on his resume…
Scherzer is the best pitcher of his era and my favorite baseball player, don't see him coming to NY to finish out his career though.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He's probably done with being a GM/President. Supposedly the only way he comes back is with a partial ownership stake

Word just out today that he turned down the Mets.

Reaction Score

Maybe take a flyer on Justin Verlander, better injury history then Kluber, and we would get Kate Upton here lol she loves NY anyways.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Great job by him. I wasn't expecting that performance.

Some guys shine under the bright lights.

I wasn't expecting it but I wasn't surprised.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Word just out today that he turned down the Mets.
That's what I expected to happen, but where are you seeing that report? I thought they hadn't even spoken yet.

I'd love to see him or someone of his caliber in charge of their baseball operations. I gather that there are a small handful of other people they are looking at, too.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That's what I expected to happen, but where are you seeing that report? I thought they hadn't even spoken yet.

I'd love to see him or someone of his caliber in charge of their baseball operations. I gather that there are a small handful of other people they are looking at, too.
It is all over twitter

Reaction Score
If not Theo I'm thinking having Buck Showalter the GM, he worked in the front office when he turned around the franchise in the early 90s, is a stickler with fundamentals. Not sure if he would wanna be the manager anyways.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If not Theo I'm thinking having Buck Showalter the GM, he worked in the front office when he turned around the franchise in the early 90s, is a stickler with fundamentals. Not sure if he would wanna be the manager anyways.
As a Sox fan, I would pray for the return of Buck Showalter to the Yankees.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom