Y'all need to stop overlooking the Iowa State | The Boneyard

Y'all need to stop overlooking the Iowa State

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
First of all, it's terrible disrespect to the Basketball Gods.

Second, it's just about the worst kind of matchup we could get for a first round game.

Third, there's a reason we're playing in an 8/9 game. While we have some really talented kids, they have been anything but consistent or on the same page on a regular basis. They have not once put together their best stuff for 40 minutes. We've seen 18 to 20 a few times, but until they can put it together for 40 they are just a 9 seed with hope.

Stop talking about the next game until there actually is a next game.

Reaction Score
how many times did you see iowa state play? why is it the worst possible matchup? becuase you heard they hit a lot of 3s. i have seen them play quite a few times and needless to say, i dont think its that bad a matchup at all.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Fans don't have to worry about overlooking anything. The team will win or lose based on their own efforts.

Reaction Score
From what I read, they are great from outside. But the D is slow and they are small

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
how many times did you see iowa state play? why is it the worst possible matchup? becuase you heard they hit a lot of 3s. i have seen them play quite a few times and needless to say, i dont think its that bad a matchup at all.

They are a pretty good team and yes I have seen ISU play and their style is a problem for UConn. They take a lot of three's which has been a issue with UConn this year. Their big man is a big body who will take up space and can shoot from the outside. So he is a tough match up for our big men.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Their best wins were at home. They have been quite pedestrian away from Ames. UConn really ought to win this, but anything can happen in the tourney, obviously.

Reaction Score
Their best wins were at home. They have been quite pedestrian away from Ames. UConn really ought to win this, but anything can happen in the tourney, obviously.

We could print up some shirts with this slogan on the back to describe our season, no?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I wish you could just 'like' thread titles, I didn't even need to read the rest.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I have not seen them play, however there's this cool thing called the Internet where you can look up.

They have four different kids who have hit 50 or more 3s and shoot it at 38% as a team. One of their 6'9 forwards made 16 (going 44.4%). This is exactly the kind of team that is a problem for UConn.

For a team that is small, they hold a +4.6 rebound margin per game over the season. How many small teams have clobbered us on the offensive glass this season? We're only a +2.1 on the boards.

The only thing that is a bright spot is they do allow teams to shoot at a 43.5% clip.

Bottom line is they aren't a team to be overlooked - UConn has to bring it and not be thinking about the next one or the next one will be in November.

Reaction Score
In the BET we defended the perimeter a lot better than in the regular season.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
First of all, it's terrible disrespect to the Basketball Gods.

This is absolutely true. Maybe not the basketball gods / superstition end of it, but the overlooking end of it. The words "San Diego" and "George Mason" still bother me to this day. In the Big Dance, you can't overlook anyone. Period.

Reaction Score
Who's overlookin? We are a 9 for chrissakes. Even though we played better as of late, there will be no shock on this one. If lucky enough to get by this I don't like just 1 day for Kentucky. Our team this year is ????????????

Reaction Score
I never overlook anybody im only looking at this game against ISU, whenever we are in the tournament I take it one game at a time, this will be a tough ass game i just hope we somehow prevail

Reaction Score
So you're telling me I shouldn't be worrying about who we're going to play in New Orleans? Because that's totally what I'm doing.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
duck* all that. Your warnings bore me, child.

I want to know who we're playing in the Final Four.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
duck* all that. Your warnings bore me, child.

I want to know who we're playing in the Final Four.

I had two gut reactions happen when reading your post, Fishy. The first was, "Don't say that! Bad mojo!!" The second was, "duck* Final Four; I wanna know who we are beating for the National Championship!" I'm guessing you are going to tell me to go with gut reaction #2...

Reaction Score
The team is already aware how hard they need to defend the 3 point line...and they also acknowledged all the banked in 3s that we've posted about, lol.

*Shabazz Napier commented on UConn’s first-round opponent:
“They make an exceptional amount. We have to run them off the 3s, play pressure defense and hopefully they won’t make a backboard shot like a lot of teams have against us.”

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Actually, I just hate when people use the contraction "y'all". I also hate when they use "folks".

Whenever anyone uses either of those two words, they plan on following it up with a lecture. And I hate lectures. ("Listen, folks, y'all blah blah blah dull blah blah blah boring blah blah yawn blah blah blah.")

So, duck* all that.

Reaction Score
This is absolutely true. Maybe not the basketball gods / superstition end of it, but the overlooking end of it. The words "San Diego" and "George Mason" still bother me to this day. In the Big Dance, you can't overlook anyone. Period.

LOL. You think "overlooking" San Diego had as much to do with the result as, say, I don't know, maybe our point guard and best player blowing his knee out during the damn game?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Actually, I just hate when people use the contraction "y'all". I also hate when they use "folks".

Whenever anyone uses either of those two words, they plan on following it up with a lecture. And I hate lectures. ("Listen, folks, y'all blah blah blah dull blah blah blah boring blah blah yawn blah blah blah.")

So, duck* all that.
Y'all is just a southernism. Could be a lecture like, "Y'all better get down from that tree before y'all fall and break your necks." Or could just be used like, "Can I get y'all any coffee, tea or dessert?," or "Did y'all have a good flight in?"

Yes, I realize I might be lecturing. Ah, the irony.

Reaction Score
People may be overlooking ISU but honestly what is the difference? Either way its a major let down for the season.

Reaction Score

I watched Iowa State beat Baylor. They're good. Really good.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
People may be overlooking ISU but honestly what is the difference? Either way its a major let down for the season.

Whats a major let down? If we win the next 6 games Id have a hard time calling this season a let down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom