Y'all need to stop overlooking the Iowa State | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Y'all need to stop overlooking the Iowa State

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
LOL. You think "overlooking" San Diego had as much to do with the result as, say, I don't know, maybe our point guard and best player blowing his knee out during the damn game?

"LOL", tell me where I said overlooking San Diego had something to do with the result? I said, "The words 'San Diego' and 'George Mason' still bother me to this day."

I'm not bat$hit crazy enough to think that what I as a fan think has the ability to change the outcome of a game, outside of maybe one of the players actually reading a post of mine (how likely could that be???). I was just commenting to those who believe that the Iowa State game is a "done deal" might wish to think again.

Reaction Score
This game is UConn's game to lose. They will be the most talented team, by far, on the court. They play their game, and they advance to Kentucky. If not, it's Iowa State's for the taking.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
People are overlooking Iowa State because Kentucky is much more interesting than Iowa State.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Y'all is just a southernism. Could be a lecture like, "Y'all better get down from that tree before y'all fall and break your necks." Or could just be used like, "Can I get y'all any coffee, tea or dessert?," or "Did y'all have a good flight in?"

Yes, I realize I might be lecturing. Ah, the irony.
You do realize that "y'all" is singular. As in speaking to your wife, "y'all better get over here right now."

The plural form is "all y'all". As in speaking to your wives family, "All y'all ain't right in the head."

Reaction Score
Actually, I just hate when people use the contraction "y'all". I also hate when they use "folks".

Whenever anyone uses either of those two words, they plan on following it up with a lecture. And I hate lectures. ("Listen, folks, y'all blah blah blah dull blah blah blah boring blah blah yawn blah blah blah.")

So, duck* all that.
totally agree, I live in fl. and hear it all the time

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Well , given the way ISU jacks up threes and the way we defend them it's easy to imagine we're one and done. But there's that reverse lock theory and the fact that
CBS is so hoping for the vaunted KY-UCONN match-up.

Reaction Score
LOL. You think "overlooking" San Diego had as much to do with the result as, say, I don't know, maybe our point guard and best player blowing his knee out during the damn game?
Was at that game, Price went out about 5min in.

Reaction Score
Their best wins were at home. They have been quite pedestrian away from Ames. UConn really ought to win this, but anything can happen in the tourney, obviously.

Yeah but four of our signature wins (Cinci, ND, Marquette and Syracuse) were at home too. Oh...wait...we LOST those HOME games! I friggin WISH this team had wins ANYWHERE against teams like Baylor and Kansas. The best win we had was against FSU and that was in NOVEMBER! Yeah, FSU looked great in the ACC tournament but does anyone really think FSU is not a LOT better now than they were in November? In all honesty, I think Iowa State has had a better season and I fully expect us to lose to them. If this team can pull out a win in this game, it will be a significant accomplishment. And their prize will be a game against the squid and the opportunity to give that scumbag the satisfaction he wants more than anything else...to beat Calhoun. But, then again, it would be sweet as hell to knock his pay-for-play group of blue chippers out.

Reaction Score
cant help but overlook alittle with uk next but pretty sure calhoun will do his best to prevent the team from doing so

Reaction Score
and i saw a bad texas team overwhelm them in the second half. does that mean. the win vs baylor was at home where baylor went 5 mins without a basket. they lost to baylor by 15 away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom