Yakwe out for season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Yakwe out for season

Reaction Score
I agree with whoever posted about getting a couple athletic football guys. At least they could help in practices.
Fastbreak.jpg
Let's go after Cadwallader Univ. "Bull" & Hustler aka Bernard King!

Reaction Score
I hear ya huskygrad but The reason people r saying this is because yakwe was our one slight sliver of hope for some type of mini-stopper down low. I truly think now that we have one of the worst defensive front courts in the country. Crazy to think that but this is bad.

Reaction Score
Is it me or is it condemnation of the whole situation that there is a 3 page thread about how the season is lost now that a grad transfer who plays 10 minutes a game with zero to offer on the offensive end????
Yes, the worst frontcourt in college basketball just got significantly worse.

Reaction Score
Yakwe does offer some on the defensive side but he isn't the second coming of Emeka Okafor or even at Amida Brimah levels(who had lots of deficiencies). The guards and Wilson are going to have to step up and play better on the ball defense as we don't have anyone to block shots besides Wilson in the back line right now.

Reaction Score
So when is Diarra coming back ? Need his 5 fouls at this point.
I believe there was a report a couple weeks ago about maybe mid to late February. In other words there is nobody coming in to help. We have to make do with what we have.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think we don’t have anyone over 6’5 on the football team. I’d be interested in seeing 6’4” 350 DL Kevon Jones battling on the boards!
You are thinking of Travis Jones. Kevon is 6'2" and @ 250.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If anyone including Coach Hurley needs the services of an excellent sports medicine podiatrist, should contact Dr Brian Fullem. He is one of the best in the business, he is also a top notch surgeon. He operated on both of my ankles and completely cured me of heel spurs and severe pain caused by 40 years of running. I'm back to running and have never felt better.

Yeah, well, can you rebound?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Nice to see Hurley following in Ollie's footsteps of recruiting injury prone players.
Kidding I hope. He wasn't exactly in a position to be all that choosy. This year is another thing. Calhoun was 9/19 his first year, with a weak OOC schedule and took 4 years to have a winning conference record. NIT twice before they made the NCAA. Like it or not, we are rebuilding and in a conference that's not as attractive as the old BE. That said, Gerry Besselink would help this team.

Reaction Score
I think the answer is no. Since we didn't have a basketball scholarship to offer him this year, he could only play as a recruited player if he came to campus without taking any financial aid whatsoever. Since he received aid, he is ineligible until next year when he received a basketball scholarship.

That is my understanding.

I feel like no one knows for sure. I mean if the UVA team manager can suit up for just home games and has no scholarship with the team why can’t Akok get added to the roster 2nd semester and do something similar? If your only allowed 13 scholarships and remaining 2 are walk-ons is it possible KY or KW is out indefinitely and Akok joins as a walk-on when he is officially enrolled? I don’t think this is a walk-on limit.

Reaction Score
Yeah, well, can you rebound?
Yeah, I can still get up. I think I've lost about an inch off my vertical though for every five years since college graduation. Lol. What Fullem did for me was basically allow me to run and jump like a 30 year old for another 30 years.

Reaction Score
UConn has had rebounding problems all year. Yawke played in the villinova game as well, same result as Wednesday’s DNP. Yes losing him hurts, but the team is just not a good fundamental rebounding team, period.

Hell we won by 30 earlier last month, while getting out-rebounded.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Threads like these make me wish we still had game threads, so we could go back and read all the posters in this thread who were murdering Yakwe for the first half of the season.
For the record, Ern, I always liked him. :)

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Threads like these make me wish we still had game threads, so we could go back and read all the posters in this thread who were murdering Yakwe for the first half of the season.
I’ll cop to being in that crowd on the offensive end. Guilty as charged. He flashed a couple of moves but overall still much more a defender. We will miss his aggressiveness.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom