Yakwe out for season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Yakwe out for season

Reaction Score
Sorry for the kid’s injury and thin is not the word for the front court. Transparent would be that word now.

Reaction Score
this is quickly and unfortunately becoming a development year. extra development minutes for carlton, sid and polley in the front court, as painful as it might be to watch, need to be the priority. i would also look to get b adams a few extra minutes at the expense of smith going forward. the freshmen coming in next year are not going to make this a tournament team by just putting a jersey on, they'll need to follow the lead of the holdovers.

Reaction Score
I agree with whoever posted about getting a couple athletic football guys. At least they could help in practices.

Reaction Score
Nice to see Hurley following in Ollie's footsteps of recruiting injury prone players.
Let's keep a positive perspective. We have not even approached the record Ollie's team set last year getting blown out by 30 or more points 6 or 7 times. Anyone who even hints that Hurley's team resembles the Titanic disaster from last year, has a very short memory.

Reaction Score
Let's keep a positive perspective. We have not even approached the record Ollie's team set last year getting blown out by 30 or more points 6 or 7 times. Anyone who even hints that Hurley's team resembles the Titanic disaster from last year, has a very short memory.

I was joking, kinda of.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Ever think after 4 titles you’d be staring at a 4 year clip of missing out on March Madness, outside of maybe an NIT appearance? Brutal.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Foot injuries are the worst for basketball players - it takes very little for those injuries to become chronic.

But anyone who thought we were an NCAA team coming into this season was not paying attention.

Reaction Score
I know we went over this 1 billion times but no one seems to really know the answer- why not let alok suit up and play (if possible) what’s the worst that can happen ? Losing a season of eligibility with him not gonna matter because he’s not going to stay more than two years - three Years max anyways- yeah he’s a string bean but let him get the experience. Who cares at this point? I kno I’m reaching but....

Reaction Score
I know we went over this 1 billion times but no one seems to really know the answer- why not let alok suit up and play (if possible) what’s the worst that can happen ? Losing a season of eligibility with him not gonna matter because he’s not going to stay more than two years - three Years max anyways- yeah he’s a string bean but let him get the experience. Who cares at this point? I kno I’m reaching but....
See @businesslawyer post from earlier in the thread. I believe Amore mentioned this same thing as well.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Welp. Sounds about right for UConn basketball lately. The one PF/C bright spot. Need a drink.

Reaction Score
NOT GOOD
and I highly doubt we get productive minutes from Diarra, if any at all
Punt on 2019 (UGH!) and shore up the 19-20 front court with JC's, SR transfers and Kofi!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I agree with whoever posted about getting a couple athletic football guys. At least they could help in practices.
I think we don’t have anyone over 6’5 on the football team. I’d be interested in seeing 6’4” 350 DL Kevon Jones battling on the boards!

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Hurley should just go to Kofis house tomorrow at Noon. We need you big fella. I’m supposed to be coaching a game right now. I’m here with you.

Reaction Score
Foot injuries are the worst for basketball players - it takes very little for those injuries to become chronic.

But anyone who thought we were an NCAA team coming into this season was not paying attention.
If anyone including Coach Hurley needs the services of an excellent sports medicine podiatrist, should contact Dr Brian Fullem. He is one of the best in the business, he is also a top notch surgeon. He operated on both of my ankles and completely cured me of heel spurs and severe pain caused by 40 years of running. I'm back to running and have never felt better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom