XL Center renovation | Page 5 | The Boneyard

XL Center renovation

Reaction Score
I enjoy Hartford quite a bit, guess i'm weird.

Yeah I have no problem with the XL Center. It’s a second tier arena but it’s better than Gampel. That place has benches lol. These threads are great too because you get to see how soft @Deepster is. Carry on.

Reaction Score
Just spitballin'

I-84 is a huge problem and a big dig is far too expensive. Ground level is about the best you can do.

How about focus on the south end of Hartford. Brainard Airport and a bunch of industrial complexes occupy a vast piece of riverfront property. Put a new esplanade complete with a sports arena and your typical cookie cutter malls and restaurants. They built The Rent on the wrong landing strip.

The Science Center and Convention Center were nice additions, although they have to overlook I-91.

Finally, merge Hartford & West Hartford. Problem solved.

Reaction Score
Just spitballin'

I-84 is a huge problem and a big dig is far too expensive. Ground level is about the best you can do.

How about focus on the south end of Hartford. Brainard Airport and a bunch of industrial complexes occupy a vast piece of riverfront property. Put a new esplanade complete with a sports arena and your typical cookie cutter malls and restaurants. They built The Rent on the wrong landing strip.

The Science Center and Convention Center were nice additions, although they have to overlook I-91.

Finally, merge Hartford & West Hartford. Problem solved.
East, West and Hartford proper.

Reaction Score
When you say "the things being accomplished here", can you elaborate more on what you mean there?
-Dunkin donuts park is a huge success and should lead to more development in dono after the lawsuits are over.
-new uconn campus is beautiful and driving more investment around front street
-new, affordable, great apartments and renovations are being built all over the city. Look to the colt building, pratt st, trumbull st
-solid tech jobs coming in. e.g. infosys

I love hartford and am more than willing to talk about its faults, but good things are happening.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
East, West and Hartford proper.
Really Hartford should just annex the entire state. It would eliminate several layers of government and the rest of state would benefit from their stellar political leadership.

1576780539527.png

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
-Dunkin donuts park is a huge success and should lead to more development in dono after the lawsuits are over.
-new uconn campus is beautiful and driving more investment around front street
-new, affordable, great apartments and renovations are being built all over the city. Look to the colt building, pratt st, trumbull st
-solid tech jobs coming in. e.g. infosys

I love hartford and am more than willing to talk about its faults, but good things are happening.
Don't forget New Dillion Stadium!

Reaction Score
Really Hartford should just annex the entire state. It would eliminate several layers of government and the rest of state would benefit from their stellar political leadership.
As I was saying, combine the three Hartfords.

Siv

Reaction Score
Interesting that the survey implies the XL Center would create its own a seat locations structure that would run outside of UConn's control and current donation based model.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Yeah I have no problem with the XL Center. It’s a second tier arena but it’s better than Gampel. That place has benches lol. These threads are great too because you get to see how soft @Deepster is. Carry on.

Nothing is better than being on campus, period. Students are louder and the crowd is better in a big game environment

The sight lines are not even close to being as good in the XL center as Gampel.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Nothing is better than being on campus, period. Students are louder and the crowd is better in a big game environment

Completely disagree. A top ten Uconn team in Hartford is absolutely the best.

Reaction Score
I for one am happy with 84 cutting through the city. Had the highway gone around Hartford it would have taken me longer to get the hell out of CT when we decided to move south.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Do you even go to Gampel games? Where do you sit?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Hartford’s problem is the suburbs around it are much better places to live with better places to eat and things to do. Even young professionals who want “city” life can get that in West Hartford or Glastonbury.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Even young professionals who want “city” life can get that in West Hartford or Glastonbury.
That's sounds like a book proposal: Finding the City Life in the Land of 2-Acre Zoning.

Reaction Score
I for one am happy with 84 cutting through the city. Had the highway gone around Hartford it would have taken me longer to get the hell out of CT when we decided to move south.
Good for you

Reaction Score

Harsh. I see the problems that plague CT. I see that the quality of life there isn’t what it once was. I also see that many CT residents that still preach how great it is are clueless what is going on elsewhere in the country. However, CT is who we are and as a fan base and as a group with common roots, we should have some respect for the place we all call home. I still love CT. Always will.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom