XL Center renovation | The Boneyard

XL Center renovation

Reaction Score
1576616158062.png

Reaction Score
hartford isn't allowed to have nice things. have y'all heard about the new "amphibious" entertainment complex, i.e. floating barge of crap, being proposed for the riverfront? can't wait to hear about that thing being swept all the way down to long island sound

Reaction Score
Should be interesting to see the results of this survey. I don’t know what the market is for the clubs/premium seating ideas in the survey

Reaction Score
hartford isn't allowed to have nice things. have y'all heard about the new "amphibious" entertainment complex, i.e. floating barge of crap, being proposed for the riverfront? can't wait to hear about that thing being swept all the way down to long island sound
Do some research bud. That’d be way better for Hartford then anything else in a while to have something on the river

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Hartford won't be able to thrive until they bury 84. A raised highway going down the middle of a city suffocates it. We can keep arguing about what we can do about downtown, but until 84 is a tunnel, Hartford won't thrive.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The study is being completed as state lawmakers have been unwilling to back major investments to spur future renovations at the arena. The venue typically draws annual operating losses, largely offset by the state, of $1.5 million to $2 million.

And that's after overcharging UConn, which hides the extent of their lack of profitability and inflates the UConn athletic department deficit. As Auriemma said, either build a first class facility or stop charging rent and just split the profits evenly between the CDRA and UConn.

I don't have a dog in the hunt, really, but it seems like the XL Center is a big drain of resources for a financially strapped state.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
Hartford won't be able to thrive until they bury 84. A raised highway going down the middle of a city suffocates it. We can keep arguing about what we can do about downtown, but until 84 is a tunnel, Hartford won't thrive.
Big Dig 2? Kind of seems too pricey to happen. Perhaps we could just reroute the highway onto floating barges?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

That won't happen because he state is broke.
When you have over $90 billion in debt it ain't happening

Reaction Score
Should be interesting to see the results of this survey. I don’t know what the market is for the clubs/premium seating ideas in the survey

Those seats aren't cheap, that's for sure! What I hope doesnt happen is that the lower bowl is revamped yet the piss poor sightlines are still the same from the upper. The less seats in the lower will move people up to some of the worst seats in the USA. After about row M in the upper level you can look down and see the clouds.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
That won't happen because he state is broke.
When you have over $90 billion in debt it ain't happening
I'm not saying I think it'll ever happen, I'm saying Hartford has a low ceiling of potential with 84 splitting it in half.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I filled it out. I think it's important as users of building that we all offer our input.

I trashed the idea of premium, luxury seating, but I liked the idea of a fan concourse (or whatever term they used), with access to all.

I also just realized how many times I've been to the XL/Civic Center. Would hate to see it go.

CL82

Reaction Score
How is 1.5m 'a big drain of resources' when the State's budget is over $20b per yr lol
I don't know man, $1.5M here, $1.5M there and before you know it you are talking about real money.

Reaction Score
Do some research bud. That’d be way better for Hartford then anything else in a while to have something on the river

i lived there for 2.5 years bud i dont need to do any research. it's not a city it's a dump. a few insurance offices, half a dozen bars, and some crap restaurants. there is no hope.

Reaction Score
i lived there for 2.5 years bud i dont need to do any research. it's not a city it's a dump. a few insurance offices, half a dozen bars, and some crap restaurants. there is no hope.
Why would you live there if you hate it so much?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Did they send this survey to everyone who ever bought tickets at the venue or just season ticket holders
As I was going through the survey it was like they already knew some of my answers like UConn mens season ticket holder etc.
No way they are going to put the $ into all those seating options
I say use the $ at Gampel and play every home game there

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom