Xavier post game thread.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
How was the crowd for a noon game?

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
You cannot really describe this team in words. I was on the fence but know I will be in Brooklyn and with then in person for the rest of the tournament. This has to appreciated. If you post on this board this is basketball heaven. I would encourage every person with the means to try to get to the tournament games in person. If there was ever a team that deserved representation from a fan base this is the team. Let’s find away and fill up the Barclays and TD Garden with as many fans as possible.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They thought they could win…. But they could not…
But seriously, our conditioning, our athleticism, our BB IQ, our junk yard dog mentality, our offensive unselfishness, our team defense, our coaching staff being on point and making all the right adjustments. What is our weakness that could be exploited?

Reaction Score
Cam, Alex, and often Newton have been slower, less strong, and not as great of leapers as their counterparts. What we have is a much higher skill level and IQ. If YOU haven't seen that, I wonder what you've been watching for 32 games.
Don't sleep on slower laterally than anyone not wearing St John's unis.

Reaction Score
6 players scored double figure. 10 player got rebounds. 8 players had assists. How does an opponent win against such a balanced attack?
The whole team better shoot free throws in their sleep tonight.

Reaction Score
This was a one point game at halftime. Played relatively even.

What in the living hell did Hurley tell those guys, or feed them, at the half? LOL.

Talk about playing with your food.

Reaction Score
Cam, Alex, and often Newton have been slower, less strong, and not as great of leapers as their counterparts. What we have is a much higher skill level and IQ. If YOU haven't seen that, I wonder what you've been watching for 32 games.
I’ve actually seen it in person 4x times this year. We’ve dominated our opponents physically and mentally. I can only imagine how good we’d be if we actually had better athletes. Give me a break!

Reaction Score
Want to give a hat tip to the ref crew for that game. They catch a lot of flak around here but that was consistently called throughout and kept the game moving without losing control of the physicality. Top notch work from them.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
We know that your chances of success in college hoops lies with rooting for others. you're welcome
Greys Anatomy Doctor GIF by ABC Network

Reaction Score
Love this silent stat. Clingan has really done a super job of staying out of foul trouble. Slight drop in aggressive D, but well worth it. If he remains on the floor we are a different animal.

Reaction Score
Want to give a hat tip to the ref crew for that game. They catch a lot of flak around here but that was consistently called throughout and kept the game moving without losing control of the physicality. Top notch work from them.
I agree. If anything, it favored UConn a bit. But you could definitely see a contrast from the regular season games.

Reaction Score
I don’t think he’s off base with that at all. We have 4 out of our starting 5 that are not very athletic. If Cam and Newton were just average or slightly plus athletically we’d be talking about two more 1st rounders.
I've said the same thing. Especially since that offensive breakdown video. I feel that the staff prioritizes smarts. All these kids are learners, and game planners. Steph, SJ and Hass are nasty athletes of the top 7 though

Reaction Score
Granted, I had the volume off in my office but was there not a play in the second half where UConn score, Xavier committed a blatant violation on the inbound, and the refs just restarted the possession for X?
I think they called a delay of game warning on UConn, not 100% sure though

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom