Xavier post game thread. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Xavier post game thread.

Reaction Score
Hey, I ain't complaining. I think it's a marvel how these guys can outplay teams that have better athletes. Cam outplays almost every better athlete he goes up against and I love watching it.
You think Xavier has better athletes than UConn this season?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Workmanlike performance in the 2nd half. Shook off the rust. Need to fix the FT shooting. Great game from Samson. I'd wager that Hurley asked Castle and Donovan if they think they suck and should be getting owned by the likes of Xavier? They answered the bell. I think sometimes this team needs to be reminded that it's ok to just kick the ever loving crap out of the other team.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Loving it! I’ve learned not to worry if we are down at the start, we grind it back and then the bulldozer just starts going.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Loved the fact that us playing back to back games had Hurley emptying the bench with 5 mins left.

Good to see the young guys get extended run! Our Greek shooter may have something to say about the SG spot next year. His jumper is so pure. Also, Solo got to run some point out there ;)

Reaction Score
You think Xavier has better athletes than UConn this season?
I think i do. Djokovic is a great athlete, nzeh is an Olympic athlete, Claude is an nba draft pick, ousmane is a physical freak, Quincy is basically T Newt jr with his scoring, steal and rebounding ability. They have some real athletes. And with 2 of their best players out. But my whole take was more about the fact that we best teams with our heads and kids that can absorb complex offenses.

Reaction Score
I loved the non-athletic put-back slam by the non-athletic Newton.
Great dunk. Look where Newton's head is and compare it to where Jackson's is on the dunk posted yesterday. Newton is 6' 5" and Jackson is 6' 6", but if you want to get a sense of what the poster meant when he merely noted that the team isn't as athletic as some others, you can see the difference in athleticism between an elite athlete and a solid one.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I think i do. Djokovic is a great athlete, nzeh is an Olympic athlete, Claude is an nba draft pick, ousmane is a physical freak. They have some real athletes. And with 2 of their best players out. But my whole take was more about the fact that we best teams with our heads and kids that can absorb complex offenses.
We’re athletic where it counts with Castle and Clingan.

Clingan helps us dominante the paint. Castle is our best defender.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
We looked pretty blah and shot it poorly and still won by 27. On to the next one.
We put them on blast for 13 minutes and that was plenty; finished on a 40-18 run.

Reaction Score
Defensive intensity. We upped it bigtime in the second half and then when we come down after an opponents miss with everyone looking to pass or get to their spot for a shot it wears the other team down. And our top 8 blend together well which disorients opposing defenses. It is constant pressure. Our slow start was frustrating but the plays were there, the shots were off. Will be an intense game tomorrow with St Johns bringing out their fans. Good for the league.

Reaction Score
Donny made a great point that Xavier playing last night was the main reason we were caught `flat footed ' at the start. They looked oiled and we looked frozen.

The 2nd half we were on fire!

Reaction Score
Shot poorly? We made our last 15 shots
I can see his point. There is no way we are going to make another 15 shots in a row. UConn needs to step up it's game. Nothing short of 20 in a row guarantees a comfortable win. <g>

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
gameflow.jpg
5 point game with 13 minutes left.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I was a bit distracted watching because I’m at work, but I wasn’t too worried in the first half. It felt like we were taking the shots we wanted and they were taking the shots we wanted them to take. We missed ours, they made theirs

In the second half we started making ours and they stopped making theirs. Then we built some momentum and overwhelmed them to a +26pt second half differential

The love was shared as 6 of the 8 rotation guys hit double figure scoring. Great game for Samson, Newton had a quiet 13/7/5 on 50% (and a monster putback dunk), Castle came alive in the second half, Clingan dominated the paint again, 29 assists on 35 FGs, and UConn marches on to Friday!

Side note: shoutout Apostolos and Solo. AR 5pts in 2min. SB 5pts in 4min

First part is so true - and I was thinking: this iteration of Hurley teams are the most confident I've been in teams figuring it out and not crumbling.

Even with missing good shots, sometimes that will get in the head of a shooter or a whole team and they'll continue to struggle the whole game.

This team especially is so mentally tough that when they're missing makeable shots, they don't panic. It almost always resolves itself, because they hunker down and focus.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom