Xavier post game thread. | The Boneyard

Xavier post game thread.

Reaction Score
after that first half I thought this was going to be a redux of the Seton Hall tourney opener in 99, that 2nd half was impressive. Tristen said they were gonna fix things at the half and blow them out in the 2nd and that's what they did.

Reaction Score
just the first game of the BET we needed. as hurley said the team that played yesterday has an advantage in the first half but we still went into the lockeroom with a 1 pt lead. then we put on a show under the bright lights in the second.

rooting for SJU in this next game. MSG will be jumping tomorrow for that matchup.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My absolute favorite things about the game of basketball are violent rebounding, selfless passing, and tough SOB defense. Our team does all of it well even though we're often less athletic than our opponents. If we're going to do those 3 things, it's an enjoyable game to watch with or without the W.

Wins are pretty nice though.

Reaction Score
after that first half I thought this was going to be a redux of the Seton Hall tourney opener in 99, that 2nd half was impressive. Tristen said they were gonna fix things at the half and blow them out in the 2nd and that's what they did.
I said the exact same thing in the chat. Luckily it didn’t play out that way.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Xavier came out hot and fast. Still had that energy from yesterday's win. Then reality set in for Xavier in the second half. Outsocred 53 - 27.

Uconn with six players in double figures. 29 assist on 35 buckets.

Reaction Score
My absolute favorite things about the game of basketball are violent rebounding, selfless passing, and tough SOB defense. Our team does all of it well even though we're often less athletic than our opponents. If we're going to do those 3 things, it's an enjoyable game to watch with or without the W.

Less athletic than our opponents? That’s a head scratcher for me. That can’t be a realistic take after seeing this team for 32 games..

Reaction Score

Question: Does your "diarrhea" coincidentally last long enough by the end of the Seton Hall-St. John's game?

Reaction Score
Less athletic than our opponents? That’s a head scratcher for me. That can’t be a realistic take after seeing this team for 32 games..

Cam, Alex, and often Newton have been slower, less strong, and not as great of leapers as their counterparts. What we have is a much higher skill level and IQ. If YOU haven't seen that, I wonder what you've been watching for 32 games.

Reaction Score
It is always amazing to see the advantage one game under your belt can provide in tourney play. Yet not anywhere near as amazing as this UConn Huskies basketball team!

Starters scored 12, 13, 10, 13 and 12. Then 12 off the bench for Slamson. What a great passing, unselfish team !

And if one combines pts, rebounds and assists, the starters were all between 18-25

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was a bit distracted watching because I’m at work, but I wasn’t too worried in the first half. It felt like we were taking the shots we wanted and they were taking the shots we wanted them to take. We missed ours, they made theirs

In the second half we started making ours and they stopped making theirs. Then we built some momentum and overwhelmed them to a +26pt second half differential

The love was shared as 6 of the 8 rotation guys hit double figure scoring. Great game for Samson, Newton had a quiet 13/7/5 on 50% (and a monster putback dunk), Castle came alive in the second half, Clingan dominated the paint again, 29 assists on 35 FGs, and UConn marches on to Friday!

Side note: shoutout Apostolos and Solo. AR 5pts in 2min. SB 5pts in 4min

Reaction Score
I don’t think he’s off base with that at all. We have 4 out of our starting 5 that are not very athletic. If Cam and Newton were just average or slightly plus athletically we’d be talking about two more 1st rounders.

Reaction Score

Violent rebounding? Is that you, Shaka?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom