Xavier post game thread. | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Xavier post game thread.

Reaction Score
Just a few unaltered quotes they said about us and…”irregardless” is not a word
UCONN definitely came out flat having not played yet and X took advantage...now the game starts.

If they want to spot us 10, I’ll take it!

End the game now!

Cam Spencer gets away with a lot of bs.

Very afraid of a big UConn run to start the second half. Hopefull a good first four minutes.

uconn is clowning us right now. they know they are much better and just playing with their food

its over. just don't get blown out

UConn's second half shots are all from one foot away. Just physically manhandling us.

We're out of our league against these guys.

From 10-0, they outscored us 87-50. That's probably a fair representation of the difference between the quality of the two teams.

Irregardless of what posters think about the level of Xavier talent this year, everyone should acknowledge that UConn has better talent across the board compared to just about any other team in the country. Not just superior talent but experience and the ability to play together as a team too. In the 2nd half they consistently put X players in positions where they had to choose which player to guard in a 2 on 1 situation. Then they made the correct pass or drive to defeat the X defense. They could play each other 10 games in a row and I believe that UConn would win every one of them.

I've heard a number of analysts now mention that UCONN is even more talented than they were last season. I have to agree with them, and you.
I think irregardless is a word? Spell check doesn't like it but I always thought it was.

Reaction Score
Former English teacher here. It's a word, but an informal one. Not one you'd want to use in a term paper.
Shouldn’t be a word, informal or otherwise based on English rules (which I understand is a dubious term lol). It’s a redundant double-negative

Reaction Score
Former English teacher here. It's a word, but an informal one. Not one you'd want to use in a term paper.
I always thought is was people confusing “irrespective” and “regardless “ but I will allow an “informal word” from any UConn alum who taught English.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Irrespective of your opinion, what is the difference between regardless and irregardless? I can say that as a former field engineer, the premise of the premises often left the front office nonplussed.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I always thought is was people confusing “irrespective” and “regardless “ but I will allow an “informal word” from any UConn alum who taught English.
In this usage I think they certainly should have gone with "irrespective".

Reaction Score
Irrespective of your opinion, what is the difference between regardless and irregardless? I can say that as a former field engineer, the premise of the premises often left the front office nonplussed.

There isn't a difference. I generally jist see people either meaning "regardless" or conflating it with "irrespective."

Reaction Score

If it makes you feel better, I marked kids down for using it in writing. How you speak and how you write should be different things.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom