Xavier Johnson | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Xavier Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I will never take away the “warrior “ label that I can promise. Right there with Ricky Moore on the defensive side fighting through picks always, never quit effort.
Ricky Moore is and always will be my favorite player. I emulated the guy as a youngster. He was the tough gritty leader/defensive stalwart this team hasn't had in a while. Miss the days of Ricky, Freeman, Ray, Anderson, Kemba, Shabazz, Emeka, Boone.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He couldn’t shoot. Just a fact. Probably knocked down shots in practice but couldn’t in the games. Very important player who helped win the BET and a national championship so nothing but love for him from me.
Worse than couldn't shoot Taliek couldn't score. If he drove he'd either miss the shot or get fouled then miss his FT's. Teams would sag off him and make it more difficult for us to score and rebound.
Different story on the defensive end where he was a tenacious defender and one of the toughest UConn players ever.

Reaction Score
Another guard would definitely be welcome especially with AG's uncertain status. It allows DH to go small with a 3 guard lineup when necessary with replacements on the bench in case of foul trouble, etc. Also don't underestimate the value of competition. Love them as I do, it was a free for all at times last year for JA and CV, because they knew KO had little to no alternative.

Reaction Score
I think we will see some room made if need be. Let’s take all the 4* guys we can get for this upcoming season. The guys that get squeezed out should be grateful. They can seek playing time elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Taliek wasn’t my type of preferred guard (love offensive minded lead guards like Bazz/Kemba) but he had a fine career, was a tough kid and we had BG next to him to shoot. and he won a National Title! That can never be taken from him. Bashers just stop - many uconn Pgs can’t say that!

/ end Taliek bashing aspect of thread

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Is Johnson a 4* anywhere but ESPN? His composite ranking is in the 200+. I'm still intrigued by what people say, but I'm closer to saying use the ship on a grad transfer. My ideal 2018 and 2019 classes would be:

2018: Yakwe, Grad wing, Adams

2019: Lecque, Cockburn, Deliare, Akok

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Taliek wasn’t my type of preferred guard (love offensive minded lead guards like Bazz/Kemba) but he had a fine career, was a tough kid and we had BG next to him to shoot. and he won a National Title! That can never be taken from him. Bashers just stop - many uconn Pgs can’t say that!

T was a typical NYC guard - go 100 mph at the basket as soon as you get the ball until you score, draw a foul, miss or lose the handle. He was definitely offensive minded in HS. He just needed to expand that to be a college point.

Reaction Score
I doubt it. I looked up Deshler...population 747, Small town Nebraska.

That's thorough my friend. And for this little kid to like him enough to get a personalized jersey, Nebraska basketball fans must be hard up.

Reaction Score

Nobody has bashed him.

Reaction Score
Agree.Kids ranked under #200 everywhere. Think Hurley can do better holding out until 19.
I think if we have a crappy 2018, none of those great kids will want to be here in 2019. It’s hard enough with 2 back to back losing seasons. Three?

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I think if we have a crappy 2018, none of those great kids will want to be here in 2019. It’s hard enough with 2 back to back losing seasons. Three?
New coach gets a bit of a pass. Not gonna do better than KO recruiting talent worse than he did.

Reaction Score
When I heard the Vital news I first thought this might mean Xavier is coming. Is that the reason for the bump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom