Xavier Johnson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Xavier Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is very good news. I know some would disagree, but I like his size and athleticism compared to Akinjo.

Sounds like he will be up in Storrs soon as a formality, but there is such a lack of pg available, you could see some big fish come in hard.

Would be a great first Kenya commit!

Reaction Score
Hard to tell much from highlight videos but we need to recruit guards who can shoot. He looks really athletic and would be an excellent fit somewhere but I'm not sure it is at UConn based upon our needs and our limited scholarship situation.
I'm always a bit suspect of HS "slashers" because it is a lot more difficult to score that way in Div. 1. He would be a really intriguing player if his shot improved.

Reaction Score
These descriptions are a lot more glowing that I would expect from a guy ranked #235 on 247.

Where's the disconnect?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I just want to be able to throw up an X at home games after he makes a shot.

Question: what was Craig Austrie rated coming out of high school? Didn’t we desperately need a guard that year and kind of settled with him?

Reaction Score
HuskerOnline.com - Johnson requests, receives release from NLI to Nebraska
“Coach Hunter, he was like a father figure for me out there while my parents are still in Virginia.”

It’s unclear who else will get involved with Johnson now that he’s back on the market, but he will likely be a hot commodity this late in the 2018 recruiting cycle. He initially chose Nebraska over other finalists Georgetown and Georgia Tech.

Asked if he had thought about the idea of following Hunter to UConn, Johnson quickly responded: “No.”

Reaction Score

Tell him now and then you get a second chance in life and now he'll be able to root for the HusKIES instead of the HusKERS, a team with great history and fans, and if he's a good boy they'll win a NC for him before he graduates high school so he'll be able to wear a Huskies #5 shirt........much better than a Johnson#0.

Reaction Score
“Coach Hunter, he was like a father figure for me out there while my parents are still in Virginia.”

It’s unclear who else will get involved with Johnson now that he’s back on the market, but he will likely be a hot commodity this late in the 2018 recruiting cycle. He initially chose Nebraska over other finalists Georgetown and Georgia Tech.

Asked if he had thought about the idea of following Hunter to UConn, Johnson quickly responded: “No.”

What you trying to say tcf?

Reaction Score

Asked if he had thought about the idea of following Hunter to UConn, Johnson quickly responded: “No.
Could his quick negative response have been to avoid any appearance of tampering? Hopefully that's all he meant by it.

Reaction Score
Was hoping this guy would be an outside shooter. Obviously, we still take him. We gotta get a few shooters too.

Reaction Score
He better say that, we're already under investigation, WTF :confused:

Reaction Score

Question: what was Craig Austrie rated coming out of high school? Didn’t we desperately need a guard that year and kind of settled with him?
yes

Reaction Score

Xavier is the best named of our current recruits.
I always review recruits names for literary possibility.
The wordplay on X is terrific I don’t care how good he his ,he will be a legendary figure after four years. Sign this kid up immediately..
Austrie was player of the year in Connecticut.
But with both Williams and Price suspended we did need another guard .
He started as freshman first semester and I believe we did not lose a game against pretty much cupcakes.
He was competent but not up to our traditional PG standards.
Think TSam with a little better shot..I don’t think he ever started a game again.
He might be the only player in UConn history to play more minutes his first semester than the rest of his career combined.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is it fair to say that Taliek and Kemba were not prolific long range shooters coming in? We need to get stronger and more athletic, the shooting can improve with hard work and coaching. Let’s go Mets⚾️

Reaction Score
Is it fair to say that Taliek and Kemba were not prolific long range shooters coming in? We need to get stronger and more athletic, the shooting can improve with hard work and coaching. Let’s go Mets⚾️

Sometimes but not always. Kemba is certainly one while Taliek proved not always. Guessing Taliek worked tirelessly on his shooting to no avail but some guys just can’t shoot it happens. He certainly made up for it as a leader. I just hope we get shooters need them badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom