Wow - No Tiger Talk? | The Boneyard

Wow - No Tiger Talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Pretty amazing shot on 16 and then a great putt on 18 to seal it.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
It's time to wear red on Sundays again

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Meh. He wasn't playing that well. The rest of the field fell apart. In 2010 9 players scored a -10 or better. He's getting 3 rounds (maybe 4) in at the US Open before tee time. Prep may count

Reaction Score
Meh. He wasn't playing that well. The rest of the field fell apart. In 2010 9 players scored a -10 or better. He's getting 3 rounds (maybe 4) in at the US Open before tee time. Prep may count
That is golf - very rare someone leads a tourny from start to finish.

Reaction Score
The key is he didn't fall apart at the end. He caught the leaders and waited for them to err. Its not what he did right but what he didn't do wrong. His confidence must be soaring, making him a more dangerous foe.

Reaction Score
Pretty solid stuff from Tiger today. Don't think that many thought he could post a low enough score today. You could see how deflated Sabbatini became once he heard the Tiger roar.

Reaction Score

I'm assuming you don't follow golf much. The weather last year at the Memorial was gorgeous for 4 days and the conditions were perfect for scoring. They had vastly different conditions each day this year, and a score of -9 was excellent. Only 12 of the 71 players that made the cut even managed to finish under par.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I'm assuming you don't follow golf much. The weather last year at the Memorial was gorgeous for 4 days and the conditions were perfect for scoring. They had vastly different conditions each day this year, and a score of -9 was excellent. Only 12 of the 71 players that made the cut even managed to finish under par.
Exactly - you can't compare year to year in a vacuum. Current weather conditions (wind and temperature) can lead to dramatically different difficulty and even previous weather conditions can make a huge difference in the depth and density of the rough and speed and hardness of the greens. The cut was two strokes lower last year. 12 players were under par this week compared to 44 last year. Clearly scoring was much more difficult this year. Also anyone contending for the lead who birdies three of the final four holes on Sunday is playing well.

Reaction Score
on another note my man Rickie Fowler blows a -5 start to go +10 today. Playing with Tiger must have screwed up his game.

Reaction Score
First of all he did play well.....he was #1 in GIR yesteraday not sure where he ended but he was real good.....he struggled with the flat stick late Friday and all of Saturday but he was real solid all around sunday

Reaction Score
When Jack Nicklaus says a shot is one of the greatest he has ever seen, you know it as impressive.

Obviously the way Tiger has been up and down you never really know what is going to happen in 2 weeks, but hopefully with him winning this week and Phil taking a break there will be some big names on the leaderboard.

Reaction Score
The reality is Tiger Woods is back... I'm happy for him... We all make mistakes.. Time to move on... and enjoy watching him finish his career out and end up as the best pro golfer ever..

Reaction Score
The reality is Tiger Woods is back... I'm happy for him... We all make mistakes.. Time to move on..
We all make mistakes. But we don't all make devastating mistakes and then lack contrition.

He's a POS, through and through, and he'll die alone and unhappy.

I do, however, enjoy very much the drama of watching to see whether he'll beat Jack's major record.

This was a nice win for Tiger - but it wasn't a major. This win only matters to the extent it helps him win a major. He knows that. He has, uncharacteristically, faded late in several recent majors.

Jack won all but 1 of his majors by the age of 40. Tiger has 14 majors. Jack 18. Tiger, therefore, needs 5 more to fulfill his life's dream. Jack won 4 after he was Tiger's current age.

He's 37.5 years old. If the same pattern holds for Tiger as it did for Jack, Tiger needs to win 2 majors in each of the next years, or thereabouts, then pick up another down the road.

The drama is tremendous. Particularly if Tiger can win another major soon.

Odds seem against him - irregular game, head not right, no home support, lots of wear and tear on body.

Look at the 3 years around Jack's 37th year . . . he finished 2, 3, 4, 11, then 2, 2, 3, 10, then 1, 6, 7, cut. In majors. In other words, he was all over it.

Tiger's last 3 years have been . . . 6, cut, 2, then 4, 4, 23, 28, then 4, DNP, DNP, cut, then 40. Seems to be moving in the wrong direction.

But that adds to the drama. He's probably got the skill set. If he can put it all together and win 5 more, then it will be one of the most remarkable sports comebacks of all time.

Reaction Score
He was 4 shots back going into Sunday's round. Sabatini shot a one under 35 on the back nine, but it wasn't good enough. That shot on 16 by Tiger was one of the more amazing shots. If it was hit any firmer, it might have gone off the green and into the water. It took an all or nothing attitude to stroke that ball the way he did. It's obvious to me that he's honing his game once more, and rebuilding for his next run. This had to be an incredible confidence builder!

Reaction Score
We all make mistakes. But we don't all make devastating mistakes and then lack contrition.

He's a POS, through and through, and he'll die alone and unhappy.

I shouldn't respond to your bait, but I'll simply say that we all know someone who made devastating mistakes and then lacked contrition. In many cases within our own family.

They may be a POS at the time, but later on who knows? Its not for me to judge a man's character 'through and trough' who I don't know or have only read snippets that the media wants me to know (which in his case is all bad). Lastly most of us have done something that if we got caught could have been life changing in the wrong way.

He cheated on his wife, got caught, paid a penalty and is still being negatively judged by the Frank Ivy's of the world who don't even know him. There is nothing wrong with forgiving someone for their mistake, it may be hard, but if not done then someone else may also become (or sound like) a POS.

Reaction Score
I shouldn't respond to your bait, but I'll simply say that we all know someone who made devastating mistakes and then lacked contrition. In many cases within our own family.

They may be a POS at the time, but later on who knows? Its not for me to judge a man's character 'through and trough' who I don't know or have only read snippets that the media wants me to know (which in his case is all bad). Lastly most of us have done something that if we got caught could have been life changing in the wrong way.

He cheated on his wife, got caught, paid a penalty and is still being negatively judged by the Frank Ivy's of the world who don't even know him. There is nothing wrong with forgiving someone for their mistake, it may be hard, but if not done then someone else may also become (or sound like) a POS.

What's the difference between what JFK did and what Tiger did? One is hated one is loved.

Reaction Score
He cheated on his wife, got caught,
No. That's not right. That's like saying, in response to somebody inquiring what Jeffrey Dahmer did, that, "he killed somebody."
To say a man "cheated" on his wife invokes images of banging the secretary, a dalliance at the Christmas (holiday) party, a tryst with a woman you met at the gym, and so on.
What this POS did was different in kind, not just number. He didn't simply "cheat" a few more times than most guys who cheat.
He organized his life around having sex with skanky women. He kept it from his wife when they met, while they were dating, while they were taking their vows, while they were conceiving their children, and while he was allegedly raising them. He exposed her to god-knows what diseases, and he made it impossible for their to be any chance of those children having a father in their lives.
What he did was an order of treachery and deceit that few men ever reach.
I get it.
People like him because he's good at hitting a golf ball.
Just like people stuck by Michael Jackson and OJ.
That's why everybody is so ready to "forgive" him and "understand" what he did.
If your wife was getting it on with male strippers and grade B starts before you met, while you were dating, while you were conceiving your children, and while you thought you were raising them as a couple, you would not simply say that you left her because she "cheated" on you, but we all make mistakes.

Perhaps he'll figure out what a scumbag he is and find redemption. I doubt it. Most people who are as self-centered, narcissisitic, sociopathic, and empathetically vacant as him never figure it out; they just live their lives in pursuit of self, never concerned with the damage they cause others.

As I said - if it becomes clear that he's not going to catch Jack, put him on suicide watch - golf is almost literally his whole life.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
1. His wife knew.
2. The difference between Marilyn Monroe and Rachel Ukatel.

1. The wives always know.
2. Do you really think there are no Rachel Ukate's in the JFK resume? I'd wager there's a gaggle of them in there.

Tiger Woods, JFK (or basically any of the Ks), Bill Clinton, etc., etc. are all cut from the same mold.

Reaction Score
No. That's not right. That's like saying, in response to somebody inquiring what Jeffrey Dahmer did, that, "he killed somebody."
To say a man "cheated" on his wife invokes images of banging the secretary, a dalliance at the Christmas (holiday) party, a tryst with a woman you met at the gym, and so on.
What this POS did was different in kind, not just number. He didn't simply "cheat" a few more times than most guys who cheat.
He organized his life around having sex with skanky women. He kept it from his wife when they met, while they were dating, while they were taking their vows, while they were conceiving their children, and while he was allegedly raising them. He exposed her to god-knows what diseases, and he made it impossible for their to be any chance of those children having a father in their lives.

Not sure what your point is, he still cheated on his wife.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Tiger Woods, JFK (or basically any of the Ks), Bill Clinton, etc., etc. are all cut from the same mold.

All huge successes in life. You wonder if that drive that got them in trouble is the same drive that made them winners.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
For Clinton and Woods, it might have - that narcissistic focus probably worked for them.

For a Kennedy, it was probably just an offshoot of a sense of privilege.

Reaction Score
It sure takes a higher authority then me or any mortal man to stand in judgement. Some of you holier than thou guys are too much, so who left you in charge to judge your fellow man. Get over yourself Ivy. You my friend are an balloon knot. Been meaning to say that for a while man some of the things you come out with are off 'n charts.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
read the Tiger thread on the womens board

Reaction Score
I get it.
People like him because he's good at hitting a golf ball.
Just like people stuck by Michael Jackson and OJ.
That's why everybody is so ready to "forgive" him and "understand" what he did.
If your wife was getting it on with male strippers and grade B starts before you met, while you were dating, while you were conceiving your children, and while you thought you were raising them as a couple, you would not simply say that you left her because she "cheated" on you, but we all make mistakes.

Perhaps he'll figure out what a scumbag he is and find redemption. I doubt it. Most people who are as self-centered, narcissisitic, sociopathic, and empathetically vacant as him never figure it out; they just live their lives in pursuit of self, never concerned with the damage they cause others.

As I said - if it becomes clear that he's not going to catch Jack, put him on suicide watch - golf is almost literally his whole life.

Beautiful now let's call him a POS who we can compare to Jeffrey Fn Dahmer.....your stuff is pricelss you POS......oh am I wrong for calling you that since I know nothing about you besides your replies and threads are awful? Did I assume something w/o knowing?.........People make mistakes and they can change.......again although money's great I am not sure how many on this board can relate to his world?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom