Would you make this trade? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Would you make this trade?

Reaction Score
In regard to Digger's initial question, I read a post on here that I believe mirror's every UCONN fan's sentiment is that if Paige is healthy, showed elite form, and improved from beginning to the end, she would be a worthy number 1 pick. That's not to say Clark isn't.

Paige if healthy could play ball-dominant like Clark does. She showed that highlighted by her 1st game vs South Carolina and her NCAA Tourney Game vs NC State. However, she chose to join a program used to winning championships and get to FF's. Make no mistake when you are looking to trade for her or trade her away with this characteristic will be viewed/analyzed as part of her makeup in an extremely positive light even for the team that might trade her in Digger's scenario; because they would use it to want more.

*****Another interesting note - a video was posted on here with an interview with Geno at some point after UCONN lost to Arizona in 2021. The video has him quoted as saying he could put Paige in pick-n-rolls and have her dominate the ball and he said she would be unstoppable and UCONN would play like the pros do but to do that then that would require other players on the team to sit in the corner and do nothing but wait for a pass. He said he doesn't want to coach liek that or play like that (That's not to say one game here or there that might be different.).

***I wish I could find that video. I tried looking a while back beyond Paige 140 on here but couldn't find. IF anyone has it or knows how I can find it, would appreciate any help. :)

Anyhow, for any poster believing that you shouldn't trade Collier, think of how many pro teams put the ball in the player’s hands form out front and give that player a potential pick if they choose and let that player make the decisions. That's Paige's one-on-one type of daily potential, never mind how easily she can play in a structured offense if in fact there is a great more efficient player than her how easily she can make that player even better due to her passing prowess.

Reaction Score
Although I didn't see it, the lottery selection was televised by ESPN on November 11 before the South Carolina/Maryland game, Phee was the Minnesota rep at the drawing.

I've watched the show in the past and the winner was just announced, there was no actual drawing shown. There should be a revolving drum with each team getting a proportional number of chances. It would be a popular visual. The fact that it isn't done tells me all I need to know.
I worked in the gaming industry for over thirty years and know the lengths that are taken to insure fairness and that despite that there have been fixes. If the draft lottery was an honest drawing then some betting service would be taking wagers on who the top pick will be. The fact that that has never happened is good evidence that something funny is going on.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I've watched the show in the past and the winner was just announced, there was no actual drawing shown. There should be a revolving drum with each team getting a proportional number of chances. It would be a popular visual. The fact that it isn't done tells me all I need to know.
I worked in the gaming industry for over thirty years and know the lengths that are taken to insure fairness and that despite that there have been fixes. If the draft lottery was an honest drawing then some betting service would be taking wagers on who the top pick will be. The fact that that has never happened is good evidence that something funny is going on.
The problem with the revolving drum is that it needs to contain enough balls that the odds related to the teams' records are properly represented. That would be a few hundred balls, I think. Then they'd need to remove those assigned to the team that got the first pick in order to draw the second. I assume it's done by an accounting or actuarial company offline. And also the team with the highest odds can finish no lower than third (? that's what I remember), so a drawing isn't necessary for the last two teams in that case. There's just an awful lot going on for the drawing itself to be a live-televised event.

Reaction Score
The problem with the revolving drum is that it needs to contain enough balls that the odds related to the teams' records are properly represented. That would be a few hundred balls, I think. Then they'd need to remove those assigned to the team that got the first pick in order to draw the second. I assume it's done by an accounting or actuarial company offline. And also the team with the highest odds can finish no lower than third (? that's what I remember), so a drawing isn't necessary for the last two teams in that case. There's just an awful lot going on for the drawing itself to be a live-televised event.

It is a simple thing to have several vats pre-prepared for any 1st pick possibility. Multiple lottery drawings are held every day. The balls are actually weighed prior to and after every drawing. The W hold one a year.

What if some organization raffled a car off to raise money and on the day of the drawing those running it took the drum of tickets into a room and came out to announce to the hundred or so present who won?

There have been fixed drafts in most every pro sport. They are businesses first and foremost.

Reaction Score
Bueckers landing in Minnesota would be great for her, a hometown heroine returned. We know that Reeve wants that from statements she has made. My intuition has been this would be good for the WNBA and fans in general, as her beautiful to watch efficiency would be maximized there. However, there is virtually no chance the Lynx can draft her unless a trade can be made. Unfortunately, the only player attractive enough for such a trade is Collier.

If you were the GM with the first pick would you trade your first pick in the draft for Collier? What else would you require? What else might you throw in to get the sure thing in Collier and for the overall benefits of the trade? If you are both a UConn and Lynx fan who and how many would you trade instead of Collier in order to get first crack at Bueckers?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Did I miss something... did Paige say this was going to be her last year? I was hoping she would be back next year... and maybe even one after that... But next year at least....

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
The question as I understand it is
"Would I trade Collier for the #1 pick to get Paige?"

Not no, but Hell No!

Nor would I trade Dorka.

Would I trade 2 of my starting guards along with my bench. . . Well Da!

Hell's bells. I would trade a couple guards and the bench even for Caitlin Clark.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Did I miss something... did Paige say this was going to be her last year? I was hoping she would be back next year... and maybe even one after that... But next year at least....
Sorry for the confusion. The question is for whenever Bueckers is drafted, whether ‘24, ‘25, ‘26, and is intended merely for an offseason, let’s entertain ourselves somehow, exercise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom