Worst telecast ever? | The Boneyard

Worst telecast ever?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
What's that thing a certain subset like to say on here?

"Our exposure in the AAC has not changed at all, we have the same number of network games!"

Except the quality of coverage and scheduling of those games is atrocious compared to the past.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Thought it was horrible. First I turned the mute on for the first time this year. Then the onscreen clock disappeared and they showed the floor clock for a minute. Then the onscren scoreboard and clock disappeared for two or three possessions and scores with no game commentary. That was unbelievable!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

"Our exposure in the AAC has not changed at all, we have the same number of network games!"

Except the quality of coverage and scheduling of those games is atrocious compared to the past.
It's not the conference. The game was slow and these teams are not getting much attention. That will change and so will the coverage.;)

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
It's not the conference. The game was slow and these teams are not getting much attention. That will change and so will the coverage.;)
It won't though. That's not how this business works.

Reaction Score

The problem is the losing. The games get switched from ESPN to ESPN2. They aren't assigned prior to the season. These are in-season decisions.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
The female announcer (Is it Burke?) needs to realize she doesn't have to talk non-stop.
I find her voice annoying. When they show her face it looks like her lips are not moving when she talks. Talk from your diaphragm Doris, not your through your teeth.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It won't though. That's not how this business works.
I tend to agree that there's some preference to reduce exposure to improve leverage over next AAC contract. But that is counterweighted by the importance of getting profits now from a conference they have a contract with.

Two teams just above .500 and a slow start won't bring out the best in the announcers.

Nonetheless that was bush league in the way they covered the first half.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom