Worst refs ever? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Worst refs ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It isn't right but the only part that is reviewable is the contact to the head of a player. Anything else that happens before that, apparently including wrapping your arm around another player's neck, is not reviewable.

It's like reviewing a catch in the NFL. They cannot go back and say, "It was incomplete BUT there was pass interference on the play."

I don't agree with it but it is the rule.
So it's OK to grab someone around the neck, but you can't touch their head?

Reaction Score
The "above the shoulder contact" rule needs to be looked at this off season. Twice this year we've been screwed by a literal interpretation of the rule. SJU where the dude runs into Wolf's stationary elbow, and last night.

Reaction Score
The refs in most every game make ruling mistakes-not bad calls-ruling mistakes

It was a bad call.

The ref thought he saw traveling. There wasn't any. In other words, it was a bad call. I'm pretty sure the ref knew the rule for traveling. Or I should hope so.

caw

Reaction Score
Anyone watching Marquette vs Rutgers. Refs went to the monitor, elbow to the head on post up. No foul called. Unintentional contact was the ruling.

Reaction Score
Anyone watching Marquette vs Rutgers. Refs went to the monitor, elbow to the head on post up. No foul called. Unintentional contact was the ruling.

:mad:

Reaction Score
Geno blew a chance to make them go to the monitor last night when he got T'd up.......should have just asked them to review the forearm/elbow to the throat and the ND girl would have gotten a #1.........

Reaction Score
The NCAA needs to look at this. I've watched games where they go to the monitor and make the call; explaining that incidental or not; if there is contact they have to make the call. Other times, they look at it and determine intent. I have no problem with the rule; it protects players, but it has to be enforced consistently.

Reactions: caw

caw

Reaction Score

Should have said "Incidental contact"

caw

Reaction Score
The NCAA needs to look at this. I've watched games where they go to the monitor and make the call; explaining that incidental or not; if there is contact they have to make the call. Other times, they look at it and determine intent. I have no problem with the rule; it protects players, but it has to be enforced consistently.

Pretty much. Last night PC could have (should have by the standards set?) been called for one when Batts swung his arms around on the ground and nailed the big on SHU. SHU kid went out for a bit. I then went back to watching Justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom