World Series Thread

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Stros in 6, if they win tonight stros in 5

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Nats of defense making this more interesting than it should be.

the Q

Reaction Score
This is the Nats path to a title. Basically need to win at least 3 of the scherz/stras games.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Rooting for Stros, but wouldn't be completely upset with Nats win as it's simply too funny that Harper has to watch in Philly.

Btw, for you AL fans who don't follow much NL, Soto is special. Could be the next ARod (based on talent, not all the other stuff).

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Gotta root for Springer.

Should've rooted for him to run out of the box and get to third. Might've tied the game.

Love the guy and root for him, but that wasn't a good look.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Should've rooted for him to run out of the box and get to third. Might've tied the game.

Yeah. Was thinking he'd be on third when it hit the fence and bounced between the two OF's. Watching the replay it looked like he was watching a bit as he came out of batter's box. Gotta put the head down and bust Ashlynn Shade as soon as bat makes contact.

the Q

Reaction Score

Yeah. Was thinking he'd be on third when it hit the fence and bounced between the two OF's. Watching the replay it looked like he was watching a bit as he came out of batter's box. Gotta put the head down and bust Ashlynn Shade as soon as bat makes contact.

I don’t think he scores on that subsequent t
Pop up anyway. But still not a good look (and let’s nkt forget Eaton should’ve caught it and tucker was only on second because Robles threw to the wrong base). Sloppy inning all around.

But funny how acuna and Springer take more crap on theirs than Alex Gordon who should’ve scored easily but was too busy conserving energy in game 7 of the World Series.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
People are speculating that Springer felt like he put that ball comfortably in the seats but MLB is using a non-juiced ball in the WS Also, the runner on second was standing on the bag rather than going halfway to third do it’s possible Springer would have had to stall and not gotten to third anyways.

Excuses aside, a little bit of a cringey feel given he’s one of “our guys.” I wonder if Penders called him and gave him crap about it.

the Q

Reaction Score
People are speculating that Springer felt like he put that ball comfortably in the seats but MLB is using a non-juiced ball in the WS Also, the runner on second was standing on the bag rather than going halfway to third do it’s possible Springer would have had to stall and not gotten to third anyways.

Excuses aside, a little bit of a cringey feel given he’s one of “our guys.” I wonder if Penders called him and gave him crap about it.

It seems like all the balls in oct Werent juiced except for the one DJ hit off osuna in game 6, which looked like a pop up off the bat.

Reaction Score

Big Springer fan and generally love the way he hustles all, almost all, of the time ....but not on that play. He definitely was admiring and rooting for his fly to clear the wall. Was very slow to first with his hops, then slow trot and his "reason" for not hustling was because he said he was watching the other runner, which doesn't hold up. On replays, it's clear that his first glance at Tucker is when George is almost at second, while Tucker is just hitting third. In fact, GS actually gets at least a 1/4 -1/3 of the way to third, when he turns to get back to second. Despite what he says, with the Astros always being aggressive on the bases, he certainly would have tried for third and likely would easily have made it, despite the poor base running of his teammate.

Maybe Altuve is pitched to differently with Springer at third, but the liner JA hit was certainly deep enough for Springer with his wheels, to tag up on and score the tying run. My guess is that he'd like that one over again. Fortunately, this a rare event for GS!

Reaction Score
I support Springer through AOF and UConn through and through. However, as a Yankees fan that lived in NoVA for 15 years, and having the Nats as my NL team, I have the Nats over the juggernaut Stros in 6. Let's go Nats!

Reaction Score
Definitely should've run out of the box but not sure he gets to 3rd anyway since Tucker was standing on 2B until the ball hit the wall

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
This is horrifying to watch as a Mets fan.
ikr? it's not as if you're already watching the braves and phillys climb up, but now, apparently the nats are pretty good, too. don't look at that marlins mirror, cuz objects in it are closer than they appear to be.

Reaction Score
ikr? it's not as if you're already watching the braves and phillys climb up, but now, apparently the nats are pretty good, too. don't look at that marlins mirror, cuz objects in it are closer than they appear to be.
Im a Met fan but it is absolutely frustrating at this point. The ineptitude of ownership and the front office is enough to drive a person insane. I am seriously for the first time in my life considering ending my Fanhood with a team.

Reaction Score
Im a Met fan but it is absolutely frustrating at this point. The ineptitude of ownership and the front office is enough to drive a person insane. I am seriously for the first time in my life considering ending my Fanhood with a team.
Of all times to choose this is one of the crazier times to feel that way

Reaction Score
Of all times to choose this is one of the crazier times to feel that way
Lol I agree. I understand not having the talent but when you do have talent but are held back by poor managerial decisions, front office moves and an ownership that is cheap but throws money at the wrong personnel it makes it difficult to keep supporting the team. This has been a patter for the last 20+ years. After 9 years I canceled my season tickets two years ago and haven't regretted it.

Reaction Score
Lol I agree. I understand not having the talent but when you do have talent but are held back by poor managerial decisions, front office moves and an ownership that is cheap but throws money at the wrong personnel it makes it difficult to keep supporting the team. This has been a patter for the last 20+ years. After 9 years I canceled my season tickets two years ago and haven't regretted it.
This team has a great young core and is a piece or 2 away from being a legit contender next year

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom