World Series thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

World Series thread

Reaction Score
Ya'll just hired an agent as GM. I mean, just when you thought Wilpon couldn't get any dumber....he goes and does something like that.
I don't hate it as much as I expected I would. I would have preferred Bloom but I like the out of the box thinking

Reaction Score
That right there is why I knew the Sox would win tonight what Cora said to his team after last nights game.

Reaction Score
Roberts greatest hits- Taking his pitcher out with a 1 hitter the night after taking his pitcher out with a 2 hitter. Keeps batting Grandal over Kemp. Sat his top 4 homerun hitters in game 1 and game 2 (first time a manager has ever done that.) Not pitching his best reliever Baez last night or tonight to shut the game down. Instead pitching his broken down reliever to get 6 outs both nights when he hasn't done it all season. Pitching his worst reliever Madson every game but one (inherited 7 runners, let them all score) etc. I know I'm missing a bunch.

Reaction Score
Roberts greatest hits- Taking his pitcher out with a 1 hitter the night after taking his pitcher out with a 2 hitter. Keeps batting Grandal over Kemp. Sat his top 4 homerun hitters in game 1 and game 2 (first time a manager has ever done that.) Not pitching his best reliever Baez last night or tonight to shut the game down. Instead pitching his broken down reliever to get 6 outs both nights when he hasn't done it all season. Pitching his worst reliever Madson every game but one (inherited 7 runners, let them all score) etc. I know I'm missing a bunch.
Ha, this is fun seeing Red Sox haters like you so agitated because your Yankees have been home for weeks.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't hate it as much as I expected I would. I would have preferred Bloom but I like the out of the box thinking

Really? Idk man it's a real tough look hiring somebody with zero experience to run an MLB team.

I mean I hope it works out for them, lord knows Mets fans deserve it, but when Wilpon touches something.....

Reaction Score
The Red Sox will NOT win another game this series, their rotation and bullpen are in shambles! Cora got out-managed by Roberts big time tonight! The Red Sox should be 3-0 right now, but Kinsler makes an error on a play that EVERY high school 2b in the country can make. Boston made far too many fundamental, mental, and physical mistakes tonight, and honestly, did not deserve to win that game!
Nice call, Mr. Hot Take.

As I said in one of my posts on here, the Red Sox have been very resilient this season and tonight was a prime example. They didn't win 108 games in the regular season by accident.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You guys do realize that a closer can’t get a save after entering a non save situation, right? He doesn’t get a save for reducing the lead from 5 to 3 and then closing it out.

Yes I know but it's more fun making jokes.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The Red Sox will NOT win another game this series, their rotation and bullpen are in shambles! Cora got out-managed by Roberts big time tonight! The Red Sox should be 3-0 right now, but Kinsler makes an error on a play that EVERY high school 2b in the country can make. Boston made far too many fundamental, mental, and physical mistakes tonight, and honestly, did not deserve to win that game!
ZERO chance of that happening, ZERO chance of Red Sox winning World Series at all, Red Sox do not win another game and the Dodgers win this World Series in 6!
The Red Sox won't touch Hill tonight and Rodriguez will get hammered by a rejuvenated Dodgers team that is ready to break out! LA wins this one easily and goes on to win the series in 6.

vince-carter.jpg

Reaction Score
Nice call, Mr. Hot Take.

As I said in one of my posts on here, the Red Sox have been very resilient this season and tonight was a prime example. They didn't win 108 games in the regular season by accident.

I get the feeling that @TitleTown has been called a fycken idiot by many other people before. He can’t keep his mouth shut. I hate people that yap.

Reaction Score
Not making excuses for pulling Rich Hill myself, but just read:

Dodgers manager Dave Roberts had a conversation with Rich Hill before the seventh inning, and Hill told him, "Keep an eye on me." It motivated Roberts' decision to take him out after two batters. Roberts said he has "never heard that before" from Hill, but applauded his competitiveness.
You don't have to make excuses for him, he's making all the excuses for himself. He also says Baez and Urias weren't available tonight. He took no ownership of any of it, he gone.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Watching that Devers replay. How the hell did he do that? He's usually a club foot over there.

It helped that Manny "I can't wait for the Yankees to sign this guy to a $200M contract and see him blow up to 300 pounds" Machado was the guy "running."

But the pick and the throw were great.

Reaction Score
Really? Idk man it's a real tough look hiring somebody with zero experience to run an MLB team.

I mean I hope it works out for them, lord knows Mets fans deserve it, but when Wilpon touches something.....
Hopefully it goes better than the last time it happened with Dave Stewart in Arizona. I'm not too worried about the experience, Minaya/Ricco/Ricciardi are all supposedly staying in some role.

Granted it's a different sport, but Bob Myers went from agent to GM (1 year stint as Asst GM first) with the Warriors and that's turned out really well

Realistically, the Wilpons are still there so it really doesn't matter who they hire or sign because it'll go wrong

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I get the feeling that @TitleTown has been called a fycken idiot by many other people before. He can’t keep his mouth shut. I hate people that yap.
At least if he's going to yap so strongly like that he should come on here after the game and admit he was wrong.

Credit to him for the call on Hill though. He pitched one hell of a game. But the bullpen really blew it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom