OT: - World Cup | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: World Cup

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Uruguay has some great chances hitting the post and just couldn't get it by the keeper. Ronaldo is still very quick with his cross-overs but the defenders do do a great job of staying home. Great shoulder pass though.

Go USA!
Maybe it's because I'm a Manchester United follower, so I see him. He's out now, because he simply doesn't have the work rate to play a high pressure system, which is what Ten Hag wants. I can't blame him, he's old, it's not what he wants to do. Portugal has a really good, young team. It's deceptive because Ronaldo is old, but they aren't an old squad. Bruno is tremendous, such a heady, savvy player. Makes everyone else better. I wouldn't mind seeing them finally win a WC.

Uruguay is always pretty entertaining to watch. The forgotten South American side in the shadow of Brazil and Argentina.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's because I'm a Manchester United follower, so I see him. He's out now, because he simply doesn't have the work rate to play a high pressure system, which is what Ten Hag wants. I can't blame him, he's old, it's not what he wants to do. Portugal has a really good, young team. It's deceptive because Ronaldo is old, but they aren't an old squad. Bruno is tremendous, such a heady, savvy player. Makes everyone else better. I wouldn't mind seeing them finally win a WC.

Uruguay is always pretty entertaining to watch. The forgotten South American side in the shadow of Brazil and Argentina.
Hmmm, Messi and Ronaldo to the MLS?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Hmmm, Messi and Ronaldo to the MLS?
It's on the speculative list. It would be interesting because the Revolution would make the most sense. Huge need at striker and a large Portuguese population in the area. MLS really? Doubt he has the Hollywood aspirations Beckham had, and he is already the most followed account on Instagram globally. I have no idea. I don't think money is the issue compared to quality of life and winning. Napoli or Lisbon maybe. The Saudi's offered him huge money, but why would he suffer there?

Reaction Score
It's on the speculative list. It would be interesting because the Revolution would make the most sense. Huge need at striker and a large Portuguese population in the area. MLS really? Doubt he has the Hollywood aspirations Beckham had, and he is already the most followed account on Instagram globally. I have no idea. I don't think money is the issue compared to quality of life and winning. Napoli or Lisbon maybe. The Saudi's offered him huge money, but why would he suffer there?

The Revs make zero sense. Ronaldo is going to a team in Miami, Atlanta or California.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The Revs make zero sense. Ronaldo is going to a team in Miami, Atlanta or California.
Come one....I have lots of Portuguese friends in the are. Yeah, probably Miami or LA.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
It will solely come down to money. I doubt he lands in the MLS currently and he may actually be willing to take less money to stay home and play for Sporting FC where it all started...that is a long shot because he is very money driven. I believe he has made comments in the past about his reluctance to ever join the MLS.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Netherlands and Senegal out of Group A. IF we get through we play one of them (most likely Netherlands). Big IF though.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yes, and as a fan, it is just wishful thinking. Revs need a striker (and as I'm reminded when I watch Canada, a replacement for Buchanan). He'd be a great fit.

Reaction Score
don't see where the points come from here... no hard shots on goal yet

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
In a run that probably should not have happened, The US nearly scored (offsides) a 2nd goal in minute 6 of 5 minutes extra time.

US Needs to look out for Rope a Dope and keep the pressure on Iran.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It’s not like you need a local population of Portuguese to sell Ronaldo tickets.
He can play for Rhode Island FC. They sell more Ronaldo jerseys in any other player.

Reaction Score
We won despite the poor coaching. Horrible substitutions. And the equivalent of the "prevent defense". Questionable coaching decisions. The best defense is often an aggressive offense.

We won, so I am happy.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Team was gassed at the end. Starting changes worked out well. Subs other than Arronson for 15 minutes and Zimmerman at the end, were garbage.

The formation change, while necessary due to fatigue almost cost us. Weah was a barrel of wasted opportunity, Musah had his pocket picked several times.

Dest and Robinson were huge and a beautiful goal. Looks like Pulisic will be out for Netherlands. My guess is he cracked a rib or two.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
We won despite the poor coaching. Horrible substitutions. And the equivalent of the "prevent defense". Questionable coaching decisions. The best defense is often an aggressive offense.

We won, so I am happy.
For 20 freaking minutes. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom