Words About KO From Ray | The Boneyard

Words About KO From Ray

Reaction Score
At his bookstore signing Ray said that KO needs time to chill because he has been basically balls to the wall in his effort for the team, said he should take a lot of time off. If this is true and I suspect it is, it's in contrast to those reports here that KO had gotten lazy and wasn't putting the work in. He didn't address in game coaching. Sometimes effort does not equal success. He also wants Rip to write a book.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
At his bookstore signing Ray said that KO needs time to chill because he has been basically balls to the wall in his effort for the team, said he should take a lot of time off. If this is true and I suspect it is, it's in contrast to those reports here that KO had gotten lazy and wasn't putting the work in. He didn't address in game coaching. Sometimes effort does not equal success. He also wants Rip to write a book.
Not surprised by this at all. Taken with JC's recent comments and the players reaction at the Hurley announcement, the evidence is piling up that the negative reaction in this forum was primarily fans building up a case to get their way as opposed to the actual situation.

People conveniently forget that Chief00 was not alone in making the claim Dyson was a horrible player because he never contributed to a final four. They brought up his outside behavior and lack of discipline at the time. All but one fan has dismissed that as nonsense. These were totally irrational claims that jaded fans needed to make because they needed to find a scapegoat for a season that ruined their happiness.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Got my autographed book also, great event - When asked Ray if the conference situation hurt KO, he said more than most would think but he said KO will find a great position soon.

it's in contrast to those reports here that KO had gotten lazy and wasn't putting the work in.
Really? you mean those "insiders" who knew or knew someone who knew someone" where telling fibs?

Reaction Score
Got my autographed book also, great event - When asked Ray if the conference situation hurt KO, he said more than most would think but he said KO will find a great position soon.

it's in contrast to those reports here that KO had gotten lazy and wasn't putting the work in.
Really? you mean those "insiders" who knew or knew someone who knew someone" where telling fibs?
I knew Ollie was fired and that Hurley was going to officially be named head coach before you did. Just because you don't like the truth doesn't mean it didn't happen

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Does Ray live in CT? I think his mom is still here.

Reaction Score
Not surprised by this at all. Taken with JC's recent comments and the players reaction at the Hurley announcement, the evidence is piling up that the negative reaction in this forum was primarily fans building up a case to get their way as opposed to the actual situation.

People conveniently forget that Chief00 was not alone in making the claim Dyson was a horrible player because he never contributed to a final four. They brought up his outside behavior and lack of discipline at the time. All but one fan has dismissed that as nonsense. These were totally irrational claims that jaded fans needed to make because they needed to find a scapegoat for a season that ruined their happiness.

I don't doubt those who said these things had some things correct, he more than likely took his foot off the pedal and shame on him. Was it as bad as many discussed, probably not. Problem is even skipping a beat in that job at such a high level is dangerous and he proved that ultimately I'm afraid. But the way he was portrayed by many is also inexcusable.

Reaction Score

Dude, don't ruin the narrative.

Reaction Score
KO was in over his head from day 1. The huge hole that was dug after 2014 was too much to dig out of regardless of the amount of effort. Of course Ray is going to have a different view of KO. The foundation of that relationship was built in the 90's when KO was in a role he was well suited for. No amount of effort overcomes incompetence.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My impression of KO's demeanor on the bench was a man who felt powerless to change things. That's not a good look for a head coach. I don't know how much effort he put in or whether he used his time efficiently. It really doesn't matter to me in the least. I'm ready to welcome KO back into the family (from my subjective viewpoint) with open arms. He was a solid player for us and coached the team to an amazing national championship. That's what I'll choose to remember him for.

Not sure how much day-to-day knowledge Ray has, but he clearly is a good friend and a good ambassador for the program... and hopefully soon will be an HOFer.

Reaction Score
I don’t think that KO got lazy, he obviously had some issues finding the right players for the system he wanted to play. When Miller was let go, Jim Calhoun had some comments that supported Miller. So far, I’ve only seen comments from Jim in support of Hurley or maybe I missed it. I’ve not seen or heard his comments about supporting KO, which if true, tells me all I need to know.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Is anyone arguing that keeping KO was preferable to Hurley? Anyone at all?

Please highlight in my post where I said that anyone was talking about keeping KO...

CL82

Reaction Score
Please highlight in my post where I said that anyone was talking about keeping KO...

Here you go:
upload_2018-3-30_10-28-22.png

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

Good so I see you understand how the snipping tool works. Let's break down my post together.

The "KO is one of us" crowd is the group who seemingly always comes to KO's defense. That crowd I must assume has to acknowledge that it wasn't working.

The second part of my post "will not let it go" refers to the "KO is one of us Crowd" and their inability to stop defending KO. Since you are not a mind reader I suppose you have an inability to gather that from my post. But this is why we ask questions...right?

Reaction Score
He chased off 25%, of the roster last off season, he replaced them with 2 jucos and 2 grad transfers that collectively contributed what?

If the departing players were bad fits, he brought them here. Cobb gets suspended this year, he brought him here.

It was reported in the media that when Jackson asked what the plan to develop him was he was told to get in the Gym.

It felt like he was keeping the program together with duct tape. Who knows how hard he worked, but we were trending in an awful direction under him. I'm still most upset at the extension he was given. I didn't like the personal stuff that was said about him, but his in game coaching, rotations, etc were 100 percent legit criticisms. We could not even inbound the ball at times.

CL82

Reaction Score
Good so I see you understand how the snipping tool works. Let's break down my post together.

The "KO is one of us" crowd is the group who seemingly always comes to KO's defense. That crowd I must assume has to acknowledge that it wasn't working.

The second part of my post "will not let it go" refers to the "KO is one of us Crowd" and their inability to stop defending KO. Since you are not a mind reader I suppose you have an inability to gather that from my post. But this is why we ask questions...right?
Geesh, do you really want to do this? Let's look at your post and one you responded to again:

upload_2018-3-30_10-38-29.png

What do you think the "it" refers to in the phrase "will not let it go"? The prior post, right? What was the topic of that post? Keeping KO.

That said. What were you actually trying to say then?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom