OT: - Woodbury/Southbury Area | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Woodbury/Southbury Area

Reaction Score
Marketplace is a fantastic restaurant in Woodbury

Best in the town, IMO. Is John’s cafe still there? There’s also a really good taco place in between rte 6 and quassy.

Reaction Score
Try denmos in southbury. Great burger/hot dog place.
\
I still miss Corey's.

I moved out of Woodbury about eight years ago but have been back several times. John's is good in Woodbury and I like Carol Peck's a lot too. Has anything moved into where Carmen Anthony's used to be? Dottie's Diner is real good for breakfast.

The Ovens of France has some real good bakery stuff. Try the almond croissant, they're excellent.

I lived behind where El Camion is now located. So many different things came and went in that location and we just wanted something, anything to make it because we could walk there. This place came along after we moved. It started out as just a food truck but now has this brick and mortar location on rte 6 near Trolley Bed Road. Very good tacos.

There used to be a fish truck from Maine that came on Thursdays at the bottom of the hill on Sherman Hill Road. Real good, fresh seafood if they still come.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Don't forget Maggie McFly's in Southbury. Extensive menu, excellent food. And I'll second MarketPlace in Woodbury - very good.

Reaction Score
You'll actually be closer to Rich Farm in Oxford, and about the same distance to Arethusa in Litchfield as to Ferris . They're all good.
Moca Almond Fudge on a waffle cone is my current favorite.
But when they first opened the snickers ice cream contained a whole snickers bar.
Go on a rainy day unless you like lines

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Lived in Southbury for 4 years until a few months ago, but parents still live there. Most of the good places mentioned... I love eating out, here's my recommendations:

Pizza/Italian : Julios or Miranda's (Miranda's meals easily serve 2, great value)

Breakfast: Laurel Diner (old school and absolutely delicious), Leo's second

Sandwiches: Woodbury deli is amazing and nothing comes close. Mikees place is good.

Fast Food: Denmos is a classic known for their fried seafood but their hot dogs (chili cheese dog for me) are amazing too.

Desert: Rich farm is a MUST. Best ice cream ever.

Others have mentioned the new brewery in Woodbury. Woodbury also has some decent restaurants (the marketplace, new Max restaurant).

I like Pies and Pints in Oxford (also Middlebury) for a good craft beer and decent food.

Lots of good places to hike/bike if that's your thing.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Is the Woodbury Brewery actually a brewery? Every time I see someone talk about it I see they're drinking something from another brewery there, do they actually make their own beer?

Reaction Score
Best in the town, IMO. Is John’s cafe still there?
Yes it is. Friend of the family. Great food and great people. Italian place up the road, towards Quassy isn't bad, either.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
NEXT!!!

I loved living in NW CT. Too distant and too long ago to give you advice. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Do people who live in Southbury or Woodbury consider their towns part of northwest CT?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Do people who live in Southbury or Woodbury consider their towns part of northwest CT?
Not at all. Referencing living in the sticks.

I loved the quiet. No traffic lights, hardly any commercial and very few people. And most of them were NY weekenders.

Live in a small city now which is the reverse of @Zionn route. Surrounded by breweries (50 within a ten mile radius) and restaurants.

Reaction Score
Not at all. Referencing living in the sticks.

I loved the quiet. No traffic lights, hardly any commercial and very few people. And most of them were NY weekenders.

Live in a small city now which is the reverse of @Zionn route. Surrounded by breweries (50 within a ten mile radius) and restaurants.
No traffic lights? Did you live there in the 1940's?

Reaction Score
Is Woodbury Ski and Racket still around? I know Rod Taylor passed away.

Speaking of:

I was only 10 and too young at the time of this show, but we used to go to concerts there all the time in high school. Rod worked the door. He pretty much let us run amok there.

Reaction Score
Speaking of:

I was only 10 and too young at the time of this show, but we used to go to concerts there all the time in high school. Rod worked the door. He pretty much let us run amok there.

He was awesome. My folks saw him dancing like a maniac at a wedding like a week before he dropped from a heart attack.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Speaking of:

was there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom