OT: - Woodbury/Southbury Area | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Woodbury/Southbury Area

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That's where the legendary tennis players retire to.
Yes Ivan Lendl lives in Goshen.

And since we're name dropping @Zionn if you head up to Lake Waramaug try the Hopkins Inn. Great place to have a romantic meal. Winery nearby. Got a chance to see Henry Kissinger there. Rolling Stones have a place in Washington.

If in Litchfield try the Bantam Pizza.

Reaction Score
Live in area 3/4 my life, if in Litchfield go to Bohemian pizza. It’s best pizza around by a mile. Although great Thai food in Southbury - across street from Walgreens, in plaza where Nardelli’s is.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Goshen
My best friend when I was younger lived there. They did not have cable on his street until the 90's. In addition to Lendl, I believe Madeline L'Engle was also a resident.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Live in area 3/4 my life, if in Litchfield go to Bohemian pizza. It’s best pizza around by a mile. Although great Thai food in Southbury - across street from Walgreens, in plaza where Nardelli’s is.
I have family in Bantam and we stopped by for ice cream last summer. Arethusa seems to be taking the place over.

Reaction Score
I have family in Bantam and we stopped by for ice cream last summer. Arethusa seems to be taking the place over.

Arethsa’s Ice cream is very good. It’s organic and make own cones. They don’t have many flavors, but it beats driving to newtown or oxford for quality stuff.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
My best friend when I was younger lived there. They did not have cable on his street until the 90's. In addition to Lendl, I believe Madeline L'Engle was also a resident.
Late 90’s for us.

My wife was friends with Madeline. A real nice woman.

Reaction Score
Go to Ferris Acres in Newtown for ice cream

This. I moved to Monroe with my wife recently, that place is legit. It’s on Sugar St which is kinda fitting. Also, we went this past Sat and the line at 8 pm was around the corner but they keep it moving. We had our ice cream by 8:30 and it’s well worth the wait.

Reaction Score
Yes Ivan Lendl lives in Goshen.

And since we're name dropping @Zionn if you head up to Lake Waramaug try the Hopkins Inn. Great place to have a romantic meal. Winery nearby. Got a chance to see Henry Kissinger there. Rolling Stones have a place in Washington.

If in Litchfield try the Bantam Pizza.
Stones rented out something for a few months like 30 years ago but none of them have ever lived in Washington that I'm aware of. Kissinger lives in Washington or at least did when I was in CT.

Always used to get my pizza at Anthony's in Torrington. Friends lived right by Bantam Pizza too so I ate a lot of those Greek pies.

Reaction Score
He was awesome. My folks saw him dancing like a maniac at a wedding like a week before he dropped from a heart attack.
I worked for Rod at Woodbury ski and racquet through high school and college and was at most of those shows. reggae festivals and the shows in the lodge that I was working at but Rod still tried to charge me for. Brings back a lot of great memories. Who am I kidding I don’t really remember any of it. Rod was hilarious! I do remember him dancing like a maniac often so doesn’t surprise me. Sad that he is gone. No one more unique than that guy! Awesome is a good description.

Reaction Score
I spend half the year in salisbury. Good to see some other nwct yarders.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Pat

Patty's Pantry is right off I-84 in Southbury. They have great breakfast and lunch sandwiches to go.
Great fried chicken.

Reaction Score
Arethsa’s Ice cream is very good. It’s organic and make own cones. They don’t have many flavors, but it beats driving to newtown or oxford for quality stuff.
Peaches and Cream on art 202 near the Torrington line has great ice cream. I prefer it to Arethusa’s, and it’s a better value.

I live not far from Ferris Acres. It’s really good, but the wait if you have young kids, can be a bit much. My best friend is an ice cream fiend who lives near Rich Farm. I’ve been with him a few times, and it’s really good too. But hey, it’s all ice cream. As long as we’re not talking about that crazy custard they eat in St. Louis, how bad can it be?

Reaction Score
Stones rented out something for a few months like 30 years ago but none of them have ever lived in Washington that I'm aware of. Kissinger lives in Washington or at least did when I was in CT.

Always used to get my pizza at Anthony's in Torrington. Friends lived right by Bantam Pizza too so I ate a lot of those Greek pies.

The Stones were at Wykeham Rise School in 89 before the Steel Wheels Tour. I thought they bought it. Part of it burned down not too long ago. They were known to pop into Marbledale Pub, now White Horse Saloon, for a pint and sometimes sitting in with the band of the night.

Th Berkshire in Torrington (used to?) make a good pizza too.

There’s also a seafood stand on Rt 209 near Bantam Lake that is super. West Shore Seafood. And in Bantam, Woods Pit BBQ is decent and has great happy hour deals.

Grew up in Morris. Still have property and friends there.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Don't forget Maggie McFly's in Southbury. Extensive menu, excellent food. And I'll second MarketPlace in Woodbury - very good.

Maggie's has a good atmosphere, huge menu, but I've found the food to only be OK. We used to go there a lot for happy hour, but if you do that, be careful. Every time we went, we sat at a table in the bar area but they didn't consider that to be "bar seating" and we had to fight them to get happy hour pricing.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
If you don’t care much about $$$ Meet Me Here in Middlebury is really good and has huge portions. Chef is big on truffles. The mussels in marinara or creamy bacon is so good as app.

If looking for casual try Triple Play in Watertown. Food is really good for a sports bar - has family dinning. Might be owned by Roma’s.
Try lobster Mac.

Maggie’s sucks IMO.

Reaction Score
I stopped working in Middlebury 2 years ago. There was a ceviche place across from Dunkin Donuts that I remember being pretty good. Is it still there?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I stopped working in Middlebury 2 years ago. There was a ceviche place across from Dunkin Donuts that I remember being pretty good. Is it still there?
yeah...I have never been but it is busy often. Outdoor seating as well. Same owners as the Senor Ponchos in Southbury.

Reaction Score

Yep. Summer of 1989. They were prepping for a tour. I was working at Dobber's Den at the time (since torn down to avoid taxes!!!) and we wondered if they'd go someplace local when they were done, to play a couple local sets. Historically they did that.

Not so lucky. They played at Toad's in New Haven before embarking on the real tour.

If we're talking the Lake Warmaug area, Clamps is a classic, no sign, no advertising, roadside burger place. THE.BEST. Been there for about 80 years now.

Lots of other good stuff in that area, but a lot of them have changed hands, so I can't say how good they really are these days.

And, yeah, Woodbury Ski and Racquet is still there. Drive by it all the time when I'm back home in the Washington area.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom