Wolf is Back! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Wolf is Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think that's the bigger story here Mau. Do you think the Wiggins/Dyson car incident gets enforced or reported at almost any other college? We've certainly had our share of indiscretions but our Mayberry police department certainly hasn't helped. The laptop incident and the few domestic battery incidents aside, many of the other things cold have been handled internally. Ever since laptopgate though, there's a perception about our program that gets kept alive unfortunately every time something minor happens.
That's the problem with a small-minded horde. There are more than a few things that should have remained none of anyone's business but the team's.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
DaveBorges 12:55pm via Twitter for iPhone
Herbst says Enosch Wolf decision made by collaborative effort between Kevin Ollie, Warde Manuel, student affairs and academics department.
I'd be interested to know when it was made. Kind of weak if they waited until recently to drop that financial bomb on wolf. Knowing a few months ago would have given him a lot more opportunity to formulate a plan.

C

Chief00

There is a double standard to how Wolf was treated vs. Tyler. I don't like it.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Olander wouldn't leave a hotel room when asked. Wolf (supposedly) got violent with his girlfriend. Sort of an apples and oranges kind of thing.

Reaction Score
There is a double standard to how Wolf was treated vs. Tyler. I don't like it.

What's the double standard? German vs American, abusing women vs being a drunken idiot?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Completely different situations. Also it makes a HUGE difference if an offense occurred ON or OFF campus.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here's the thing. We will have a center by committee next year. Wolf would hold a decent chunk of the time. Not the end of the world if we lose him, but he will make a difference. Five more fouls some decent offensive potential. Love to have him back, but I hope it works out for the best for him, whatever that means.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Wolf was guilty of beating his girlfriend? Is there a link for that claim? Surely no one would make up or exaggerate such a vicious accusation.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
No ones buying the angle that Herbst put pressure on Ollie after the wild feminist got her coverage? Herbst joined the femdom collective

Reaction Score
Olander wouldn't leave a hotel room when asked. Wolf (supposedly) got violent with his girlfriend. Sort of an apples and oranges kind of thing.

Wolf was arrested because he wouldn't leave his girlfriend's room when asked.

He was neither arrested for nor charged with assault.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Did he hit her? Yes or no?

I'm not sure he 'hit' her... but he definately grabbed her hair, pushed her, and knocked her glasses off.. Either way if you can't see the difference between that and not leaving a hotel room while on spring break... I can't help you.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure he 'hit' her... but he definately grabbed her hair, pushed her, and knocked her glasses off.. Either way if you can't see the difference between that and not leaving a hotel room while on spring break... I can't help you.
I thought Tyler refused to leave a private beach area, not a hotel room.

Reaction Score
NCAA sanctions and APR postseason bans most certainly do not happen at hundreds of programs around the country.

I'm as big a defender of this program as anyone. I was just pointing out to a previous poster that the perception of us as a dirty program (regardless of how true or fair it is) is primarily because our name has been in the paper a lot lately. And if that hadn't been the case, maybe Wolf still has his scholarship.
Exactly right. reading this board sometimes seems like listening to the new Rutgers AD. And it doesn't matter what happens at other schools. Or whose fault it is. Though i think a pretty good case can be made that if Price and Williams don't steal laptops, Wiggins and Price Dyson don't decide its a good idea to illegally buy liquor and smoke a doobie the night before major game, Miles doesn't get physical with a woman then ignore a court order 5 minutes after it was handed down, a bunch of guys actually make a minimal effort to complete assignments over 4-5 years, Wolf left hsi girlfriend's dorm when asked by the cops and that chucklehead stayed home instead of going off to Florida and getting wasted, then refusing a cop's request to leave the premises, then there's nothing to cover, and we're never having this discussion at all. In fact, I think you can make a case that had Williams and Price been dealt with more harshly for their actions, had their scholarships been yanked for example, this snowball would have been contained. But what happened in Calhoun's final seasons is that nobody cracked down hard so the rep grew. The annual low graduation rate, then the APR all built on it. UConn recruited some pretty marginal characters over the past 8 or so years and then didn't keep tabs on them very well. The end result was what some of us said it would be. Now the new sheriff is in town and he isn't going to put up with much. For the long term impression of the program Wolf not returning would be a very good outcome.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I thought Tyler refused to leave a private beach area, not a hotel room.

Thanks... it's too early in the morning. That just reinforces my point even more. ;)

C

Chief00

It's amazing how so many posts assume that Wolf was found guilty of assault when he was never even charged with assault ever in this case. That disregard for our justice system that so many have, including a University President, is very disturbing.

Reaction Score
If Wolf does decide to come back and his family is in need, he may qualify for grant money. Perhaps in the 10K range. Also, if they are agreeable he could board with fellow countrymen Tolksdorf or Giffey at a nominal charge to them. All told instead of 40K his charges could be more in the 20K range.
Just a thought for him......

Reaction Score
It's amazing how so many posts assume that Wolf was found guilty of assault when he was never even charged with assault ever in this case. That disregard for our justice system that so many have, including a University President, is very disturbing.
Hogwash. As far as the justice system goes, Wolf was put into a diversion program as are thousands of first time offenders. It doesn't mean he didn't do anything wrong. it simply means A. The prosecutor and judge thought court mandated treatment was a better option than jail time or a fine; B. the charges would have been reinstated had he not completed his treatment, hence the court mandated part; C. the jails are overcrowded and so are the courts so if you can get these cases into some kind of similar program, and the offender complies, it is a better option for all concerned. But make no mistake, had he not participated, blown off the treatment, he could have gone to trial, and likely been convicted. As I said in another post, there is a new sheriff in town. The days of basketball players behaving badly and being protected by the athletic department from serious consequences are over. Deal with it.

Reaction Score
Thanks... it's too early in the morning. That just reinforces my point even more. ;)
I actually thought it was a hotel lobby area, but in any case he acted like a dope.

Reaction Score
If Wolf does decide to come back and his family is in need, he may qualify for grant money. Perhaps in the 10K range. Also, if they are agreeable he could board with fellow countrymen Tolksdorf or Giffey at a nominal charge to them. All told instead of 40K his charges could be more in the 20K range.
Just a thought for him......

Don't think he is eligible for any aid whatsoever since he is an international student.

http://snyuconn.com/uconn/wolfs-return-would-be-costly/

Reaction Score

Whether or not Enosch deserves to be a scholarship-holding member of the basketball team has nothing to do with the justice system. It's the decision of the coach, AD, and whoever else makes those types of decisions at Uconn.

The justice system wouldn't care if a player cheated on a test or skipped practice once a week, but the people in charge at Uconn would. And the justice system may not care that Enosch "knocked the glasses off" of his girlfriend, "grabbed her hair" and "pushed her head," but apparently the people in charge at Uconn do.

The fact that Enosch isn't in jail right now doesn't mean that those things didn't actually happen. The fact that his punishment was as harsh as it was suggests that those things most likely did happen. The new administration doesn't think a person who does those things should be allowed to have a full scholarship. Doesn't seem all that unreasonable to me.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It doesn't matter that he wasn't charged with anything, Boneyard posters know he is guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom