Wolf is Back! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Wolf is Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It doesn't matter that he wasn't charged with anything, Boneyard posters know he is guilty.

Boneyard posters don't know that happened. Kevin Ollie and Warde Manuel do - and they clearly think he did something pretty bad.

If he didn't do anything wrong, he'd still have a scholarship. It's as simple as that.

Reaction Score
It's amazing how so many posts assume that Wolf was found guilty of assault when he was never even charged with assault ever in this case. That disregard for our justice system that so many have, including a University President, is very disturbing.

..and Bernie Fine wasn't charged either.

C

Chief00

Hogwash. As far as the justice system goes, Wolf was put into a diversion program as are thousands of first time offenders. It doesn't mean he didn't do anything wrong. it simply means A. The prosecutor and judge thought court mandated treatment was a better option than jail time or a fine; B. the charges would have been reinstated had he not completed his treatment, hence the court mandated part; C. the jails are overcrowded and so are the courts so if you can get these cases into some kind of similar program, and the offender complies, it is a better option for all concerned. But make no mistake, had he not participated, blown off the treatment, he could have gone to trial, and likely been convicted. As I said in another post, there is a new sheriff in town. The days of basketball players behaving badly and being protected by the athletic department from serious consequences are over. Deal with it.
It wasn't that an assault charge was reduced; there was never an assault charge.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Boneyard posters don't know that happened. Kevin Ollie and Warde Manuel do - and they clearly think he did something pretty bad.

If he didn't do anything wrong, he'd still have a scholarship. It's as simple as that.

Yeah this simple fact is lost on a lot of posters.

Reaction Score
Hogwash. As far as the justice system goes, Wolf was put into a diversion program as are thousands of first time offenders. It doesn't mean he didn't do anything wrong. it simply means A. The prosecutor and judge thought court mandated treatment was a better option than jail time or a fine; B. the charges would have been reinstated had he not completed his treatment, hence the court mandated part; C. the jails are overcrowded and so are the courts so if you can get these cases into some kind of similar program, and the offender complies, it is a better option for all concerned. But make no mistake, had he not participated, blown off the treatment, he could have gone to trial, and likely been convicted. As I said in another post, there is a new sheriff in town. The days of basketball players behaving badly and being protected by the athletic department from serious consequences are over. Deal with it.

Wait, no. "Hogwash" what? Are you saying he WAS charged with assault? Putting aside your feelings on the proper punishment, he was charged with third-degree burglary (i.e. entering the room without permission), disorderly conduct, and trespass. That's it. This whole Wolf thing has gotten out of control. It's not as if there's a particularly high threshold for someone to get caught up in a domestic violence case so if he could have been charged he would have been. He wasn't. Say what you want about "new sheriff in town" or whatever but don't just make things up. If you think the situation merits a loss of his scholarship, fine - and I don't particularly care either way, but I have no problem with the punishment - but don't make it something it's not.

Reaction Score
Hey, he got in a fight with his girlfriend and he slapped her. A wise move on his part? No, especially as he is a UConn athlete and under the microscope. Of course, we don't know what, if anything, his girlfriend did to stir him up. Did she slap him? I don't know, but I do know it usually takes two to tango. I have heard he has apologized to her and she has accepted that apology. To me, that is probably more important than all the judicial and UConn review board proceedings. If I was Wolf, if I came back I would never be in private with a coed and I would never touch a coed. Wait until you go back to the old country before you get involved with any frauleins. Frankly all the publicity he is receiving over this and the loss of the scholarship is plenty of punishment for the young man.

Reaction Score
..and Bernie Fine wasn't charged either.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but he wasn't.

Federal officials announced Friday they will not file charges against former Syracuse assistant basketball coach Bernie Fine. Authorities also said they have dropped the investigation into allegations Fine was a pedophile.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Who has disputed that he "did something wrong"?

Well you have Waylon flipping out over the penalty. Since none of us were there, a technique exists for estimation: It's called 'reading between the lines'.

Reaction Score
Well you have Waylon flipping out over the penalty. Since none of us were there, a technique exists for estimation: It's called 'reading between the lines'.

Who has disputed that he "did something wrong"? That's not the same thing as "flipping out over the penalty" is it?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hey, he got in a fight with his girlfriend and he slapped her. A wise move on his part? No, especially as he is a UConn athlete and under the microscope. Of course, we don't know what, if anything, his girlfriend did to stir him up. Did she slap him? I don't know, but I do know it usually takes two to tango. I have heard he has apologized to her and she has accepted that apology. To me, that is probably more important than all the judicial and UConn review board proceedings. If I was Wolf, if I came back I would never be in private with a coed and I would never touch a coed. Wait until you go back to the old country before you get involved with any frauleins. Frankly all the publicity he is receiving over this and the loss of the scholarship is plenty of punishment for the young man.

Since we don't know the actual details of what happened here... I'll pretty much let this nonsense go... but no offense you are lost.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Who has disputed that he "did something wrong"? That's not the same thing as "flipping out over the penalty" is it?

Well you are pulling the 'quotes' from someone else's post - so they aren't my words. But yes, since the school chose fit to punish him so severely and they have better information that we do I make educated assumptions.

If you want to complain about the penalty your only argument is that Ollie, Herbst and Co are making a bad decision. Since they have better information than you - good luck with that argument.

Reaction Score

You're joking, I hope. Did you re-read what you posted? So in your opinion, what's the big deal, right? I hope that Wolf takes this a bit more seriously and realizes that this not only wrong, but that he will never, ever intimidate a woman ever again. I don't care how drunk he was, you don't lay a hand on a woman. Period. End of story. Capisce?

Reaction Score
Who has disputed that he "did something wrong"?

It's pretty clear some think that because he wasn't charged he is innocent, eg the post I replied to. Hence my sarcastic Bernie Fine comment.

It's definitely debatable whether the punishment was too severe but I'm ok with it. Just as I would be ok if he just got the suspension and kept his scholarship.

Reaction Score
Wait, no. "Hogwash" what? Are you saying he WAS charged with assault? Putting aside your feelings on the proper punishment, he was charged with third-degree burglary (i.e. entering the room without permission), disorderly conduct, and trespass. That's it. This whole Wolf thing has gotten out of control. It's not as if there's a particularly high threshold for someone to get caught up in a domestic violence case so if he could have been charged he would have been. He wasn't. Say what you want about "new sheriff in town" or whatever but don't just make things up. If you think the situation merits a loss of his scholarship, fine - and I don't particularly care either way, but I have no problem with the punishment - but don't make it something it's not.
Where did I say he was charged with assault? I was responding to Cheif's comments about disregard for the justice system, as if the fact that charges were dropped as part of what was effectively a plea deal meant he never did anything wrong.

Reaction Score
Well you are pulling the 'quotes' from someone else's post - so they aren't my words. But yes, since the school chose fit to punish him so severely and they have better information that we do I make educated assumptions.

If you want to complain about the penalty your only argument is that Ollie, Herbst and Co are making a bad decision. Since they have better information than you - good luck with that argument.

For someone who devotes a lot of energy to telling other posters how dumb they are, you can be pretty incoherent. I'm still waiting for the posts where people say he did nothing wrong.

Reaction Score
You're joking, I hope. Did you re-read what you posted? So in your opinion, what's the big deal, right? I hope that Wolf takes this a bit more seriously and realizes that this not only wrong, but that he will never, ever intimidate a woman ever again. I don't care how drunk he was, you don't lay a hand on a woman. Period. End of story. Capisce?
He slapped a woman. A good thing to do--no. However, why be sexist and imply that it is only bad if you lay a hand on a woman. It is equally as bad if you slap a man. I never said what he did wasn't wrong. I only said there may have been mitigating circumstances so that perhaps it all isn't on him. I said he has probably suffered enough for what he did. He didn't beat the out of this girl and broke her nose, backened her eyes, and left her with less teeth than she had before. He basically slapped her. Not good, bad, but come on, should he get 5-10 in the state pen?

Reaction Score
He slapped a woman. A good thing to do--no. However, why be sexist and imply that it is only bad if you lay a hand on a woman. It is equally as bad if you slap a man. I never said what he did wasn't wrong. I only said there may have been mitigating circumstances so that perhaps it all isn't on him. I said he has probably suffered enough for what he did. He didn't beat the out of this girl and broke her nose, backened her eyes, and left her with less teeth than she had before. He basically slapped her. Not good, bad, but come on, should he get 5-10 in the state pen?
As to the first, it isn't "only bad" it is simply bad. On the second point, Not too likely. He's 7 feet tall and 250 pounds. I don't know his girlfriend but I know she isn't 7 feet tall and 250. You don't hit women. You don't hit people smaller and weaker than you. Again I don't know his girlfriend but I know she is smaller and weaker. When you do that you are a punk. Even if she hit him first, which is unlikely given that she wasn't also arrested, as is standard policy in domestic disputes. Sorry, but the guy was a punk. I hope his anger management and related programs help him. But that night he was a punk. Not the kind of guy we need representing UConn.

Reaction Score

Not but he can certainly lose his scholarship, that's not out of the question.

Reaction Score
Not but he can certainly lose his scholarship, that's not out of the question.

He did lose his scholarship. He can come back on to the team, but as a walk on. No news on his decision yet.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
For someone who devotes a lot of energy to telling other posters how dumb they are, you can be pretty incoherent. I'm still waiting for the posts where people say he did nothing wrong.

Where is the post where I said people said he did nothing wrong. Since you've attributed that to me 3 times I'd love to see it.

D

Deleted member 3149

Looks like Helen Keller is Wolf's barber back home
image.jpg

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
He did lose his scholarship. He can come back on to the team, but as a walk on. No news on his decision yet.

Please provide updates every 20 minutes...Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom